Author Topic: Coach's Challenge on Obama!  (Read 5565 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Coach's Challenge on Obama!
« on: May 22, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »
No matter what polls indicate, Obama sealed his own presidential fate by comparing him to Reagan by saying paraphrased "Reagan met with the Soviets" his comparison was not even close to what he proposed by meeting with Iran. To top it off just the day before yesterday in a speech he said that Iran, Venezuala and Cuba were no threat and yesterday he said Iran WAS a threat and should be delt with.

Joe,

I would like to see where Obama said that, and I quote you, "Iran, Venezuala and Cuba were no threat".

Either Obama just sank his own campaign by spewing ignorance, or you are outright lying.

Please show getbig the original quote from Barack Obama where he said this.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Coach's Challenge on Obama!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:13:17 AM »
"Enquiring" minds want to know!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/david_reinhard/index.ssf?/base/editorial/1211419518316200.xml&coll=7
n Portland on Sunday, Obama said Iran, Cuba and Venezuela "don't pose a serious threat to us" since they spend but one-one-hundredth of what we spend on our military. They're not like the Soviets. "If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us," he said, "they wouldn't stand a chance."

http://www.examiner.com/x-268-Right-Side-Politics-Examiner~y2008m5d21-Obamas-CarterLike-Naivety
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 10:24:56 AM »
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/david_reinhard/index.ssf?/base/editorial/1211419518316200.xml&coll=7
n Portland on Sunday, Obama said Iran, Cuba and Venezuela "don't pose a serious threat to us" since they spend but one-one-hundredth of what we spend on our military. They're not like the Soviets. "If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us," he said, "they wouldn't stand a chance."

http://www.examiner.com/x-268-Right-Side-Politics-Examiner~y2008m5d21-Obamas-CarterLike-Naivety

"No threat" and "not posing a serious threat" are 2 different things.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:43 AM »
don't pose a serious threat to us

"serious"?

Joe said "NO" threat.

I want to see where Obama said:

he said that Iran, Venezuala and Cuba were no threat

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 10:28:13 AM »

That sounds accurate to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 10:35:42 AM »

lol.  Doh!   :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »

Correct.  I'm sure Joe has another quote somewhere, or he wouldn't have used the words "NO THREAT" in his post.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:42:45 AM »
Correct.  I'm sure Joe has another quote somewhere, or he wouldn't have used the words "NO THREAT" in his post.

That's a good example of a neo-con self spin job in order to perpetuate a belief or bias about an opposing or different view point. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 10:52:36 AM »
That's a good example of a neo-con self spin job in order to perpetuate a belief or bias about an opposing or different view point. 

You're correct, OzmO. 

Joe should focus on telling us why McCain is a good solution to America's problems, not why "Obama will do a worse job than Mccain".

And if he does insist on living in the negative, well, Obama has plenty of flaws.  He can talk about any number of them.  Falsifying quotes to make Obama look bad - well, that makes me distrust anything he says about the candidates. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 11:04:06 AM »

How is this different? You know what escalation means? Or perhaps the name of America's version of the German General Staff is?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:24:51 AM »

How is this different? You know what escalation means? Or perhaps the name of America's version of the German General Staff is?

I look at it this way:

You have a 44 magnum are facing 3 different Enemies one at the time.

-  "Serious threat" enemy has a 357 magnum

-  "Not a serious threat" enemy has a small stick

-  "No threat" enemy has no weapon, no legs and no arms.

If you think about what he said, it is very different.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »
Sounds like hair splitting to me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »

Your judgment on these issues is poor, you have proven that.  Stick to gay marriage threads and using derogatory terms like "halfrican".  The adults are talking.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:52 AM »

No threat means no threat.   Not a serious threat still means there is a threat.   

Translate it to money:

I don't have very much money.

I don't have any money.

It's easy to interpret and propagandize something like that and manipulate people's emotions and beliefs.   Especially the dumb ones.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »
No threat means no threat.   Not a serious threat still means there is a threat.   

Translate it to money:

I don't have very much money.

I don't have any money.

It's easy to interpret and propagandize something like that and manipulate people's emotions and beliefs.   Especially the dumb ones.

If you listen to that clip, he was clearly trying to say Iran isn't a big deal.  This is really a distinction without a difference. 

I could say my son is no serious threat to kick my butt, or I could say he is no threat at all.  He is a threat if I was drunk, half asleep, and drugged. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
If you listen to that clip, he was clearly trying to say Iran isn't a big deal. 

He was "clearly", "trying to say" something.

Something different from what he said?

What makes you an expert on mindreading?  He said one thing, you somehow interpret it to "clearly" mean something else.  I know you might honestly believe you know what he was "trying to say", but those of us based in reality choose to hear his actual words.  Not words we "clearly" believe he was "trying to say".

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:36 PM »
If you listen to that clip, he was clearly trying to say Iran isn't a big deal.  This is really a distinction without a difference. 

I could say my son is no serious threat to kick my butt, or I could say he is no threat at all.  He is a threat if I was drunk, half asleep, and drugged. 

Iran is still a deal none the less.  However, in comparison to Russia they are not a"big" deal.  Lithuania, is not a deal at all.

Your son is still a threat, he can still hurt you.   A soap dish can not by its self on its own accord.  Obama didn't say Iran was a soap dish.  Obama said Iran was your son.

Figuratively speaking of course.   ;D

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 12:20:51 PM »
I look at it this way.

I love my mom, so I would never associate her with hate. So I would never even use 'hate' and 'mom' in the same sentence.

Much like 'Iran' and 'no threat' should not be used in the same sentence.

Obama created a huge cloud of doubt and uncertainty, doubt spells disaster.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »
I look at it this way.

I love my mom, so I would never associate her with hate. So I would never even use 'hate' and 'mom' in the same sentence.

Much like 'Iran' and 'no threat' should not be used in the same sentence.

Obama created a huge cloud of doubt and uncertainty, doubt spells disaster.

No doubt here, becuase i understand English  ;D, AND I'm not all that big on Obama, so that doesn't cloud my understanding.   HEHE.

BTW,  is Iran your mom?   Iran is not something that we see affectionately so Hate and Mom comparison doesn't work well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 12:34:29 PM »
Iran is still a deal none the less.  However, in comparison to Russia they are not a"big" deal.  Lithuania, is not a deal at all.

Your son is still a threat, he can still hurt you.   A soap dish can not by its self on its own accord.  Obama didn't say Iran was a soap dish.  Obama said Iran was your son.

Figuratively speaking of course.   ;D

Only time my son hurts me is with a hit and run sucker punch.  I told him I'll be able to kick his butt when I'm 90 years old.   :)

Every country is a "threat" in some way.  But that's not the point he was trying to make. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2008, 12:38:17 PM »
Only time my son hurts me is with a hit and run sucker punch.  I told him I'll be able to kick his butt when I'm 90 years old.   :)

Every country is a "threat" in some way.  But that's not the point he was trying to make. 

The point he was trying to make is that compared to Russia, Iran is not that much of a threat.  he didn't say:  NO threat.

Comparison:   You son = Iran, Chuck Liddell = Russia

If you were sleeping, your son could drop a brick on your head.   If you were awake, Chuck Liddell could put you to sleep.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
that's not the point he was trying to make. 

Again, you ignore his words and try to insert some other point "he was trying to make".

He never said iran was "no threat".  Joe said he did.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »
Which is true, no threat,no serious threat or grave threat, depends on which day Obama speaks.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/05/is_iran_a_threat_or_not_senato.html

Within the space of a day, the candidate has changed his position.

May 18, 2008:

[If Iran] "tried to pose a serious threat to us they wouldn't . . . they wouldn't stand a chance."

May 19, 2008:

"So, I've made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave."
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 01:02:44 PM »
Which is true, no threat,no serious threat or grave threat, depends on which day Obama speaks.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/05/is_iran_a_threat_or_not_senato.html

Within the space of a day, the candidate has changed his position.

May 18, 2008:

[If Iran] "tried to pose a serious threat to us they wouldn't . . . they wouldn't stand a chance."

May 19, 2008:

"So, I've made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave."

Obama didn't say "no threat".  Joe did.

Good stuff joker, perhaps you can post the surrounding words so that we can all get an idea of the context he was saying them in.