Author Topic: Pa. Soldier Who Jumped on Grenade to Receive Posthumous Medal of Honor  (Read 8335 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Your flag sucking brings a tear to my eye.

::)  Ah quit crying and go visit your local Marine recruiter. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
HH6 is an honest and well-informed guy.  He's made it clear in the past that he agrees the war is about resources - oil and base positioning.  He can correct me if I'm wrong.  But yeah, he's been very open about it.

I stand corrected.  You are right. 

I should've said that what he has no business doing is defending Bush's rationale. 

From what I can deduce from his posts, he feels it's an honorable thing to serve, because the troops do keep us free, and they do help us to maintain our standard of living.  HH6 can correct me if I"m wrong here.

I, too, consider it an honorable profession.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
HH6 is an honest and well-informed guy.  He's made it clear in the past that he agrees the war is about resources - oil and base positioning.  He can correct me if I'm wrong.  But yeah, he's been very open about it.  

From what I can deduce from his posts, he feels it's an honorable thing to serve, because the troops do keep us free, and they do help us to maintain our standard of living.  HH6 can correct me if I"m wrong here.

Pretty much on target. The war was for oil. I don't make policy so if GWB wants to invade he invades. As I recall most folks went along with it. As for what happened after the invasion, that was typical American arrogance. Not Republican/Neocon arrogance, Amnerican arrogance.  P4 has proven with more guys on the street, we can control and win the war. The US army wanted 500,000 guys on the street after the invasion. The civilians at the Pentagon wouldn't listen. Had we conducted surge tactics in 2003, we'd be talking abot something else right now. As far as what I know and don't know....yeah my current job places in an organization that certifies units before they deploy....we're part of the folks that developed the Surge etc. We get the latest intel and happenings in Iraq and Afghanistan. We can VTC into the MNCI battle updates that happen daily overseas....When I move to another unit it won't be like this..but for the next 2 years or so...hoepfully less....I'll have a good grasp of whats happening. Plus we send guys over for 30 day visist every few months. I'm headed back in October.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
 ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
::)

Bush admits there were no WMD, child.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.

Pretty much on target. The war was for oil. I don't make policy so if GWB wants to invade he invades. As I recall most folks went along with it. As for what happened after the invasion, that was typical American arrogance. Not Republican/Neocon arrogance, Amnerican arrogance. 

Are you suggesting the people are responsible or politicians?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I'm suggesting the politicians and Washington insiders. There are others but I'm not in the business of airing out the various Services dirty laundry, u guys try hard enough at that as it is. I blame alot of what happened on the Rummy an d Wolfishitz.
L

War-Horse

• Getbig V
The dollar will collapse anyway......its all planned by the UN.  If they have to keep putting hh6 in more wars to do it then they will.