Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98195 times)

Stavios

Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #425 on: December 10, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »

he has said that for a while now.. particularly if you have a sluggish metabolism.

what's up AVBG  :D

enjoying the off-season ?

AVBG

« Reply #426 on: December 10, 2008, 04:03:26 PM »
what's up AVBG  :D

enjoying the off-season ?

Not much Stavios! Yep, I am enjoying the offseason getting plenty of calories in but staying lean..currently 215 with abs, can't complain about that.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #427 on: January 08, 2009, 01:30:34 PM »
Jim what are your thought on old school programs that involved full body workouts three days a week? Also, have you ever read the complete keys to progress by John McCallum?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: January 09, 2009, 01:04:47 AM »
Jim what are your thought on old school programs that involved full body workouts three days a week? Also, have you ever read the complete keys to progress by John McCallum?

I've done it years ago. There are so many ways to train. This way is not bad, but you tend to tire out near the end from the workout being too long. I would say the it would be better to train half the body one day and the other half the next, you can do this 6 days per week and take a day off (other than Sun) if you feel that you need some rest. Go by what your body it telling you.

I am not familiar with the guy that you mention sorry.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #429 on: January 09, 2009, 07:56:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply Jim. Here is a link to the book that I was talking about. I know you like to read and the book is very interesting. If you ever have a spare second I think you should check it out.

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1287

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #430 on: January 09, 2009, 12:11:33 PM »
I've done it years ago. There are so many ways to train. This way is not bad, but you tend to tire out near the end from the workout being too long. I would say the it would be better to train half the body one day and the other half the next, you can do this 6 days per week and take a day off (other than Sun) if you feel that you need some rest. Go by what your body it telling you.

I am not familiar with the guy that you mention sorry.
jim, i bet there are some people here that are curious about ur views on training and your own training methods.

can u please share

thanks
Glen

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: January 10, 2009, 01:06:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply Jim. Here is a link to the book that I was talking about. I know you like to read and the book is very interesting. If you ever have a spare second I think you should check it out.

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1287

Cool bro. thanks!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: January 10, 2009, 01:07:29 AM »
jim, i bet there are some people here that are curious about ur views on training and your own training methods.

can u please share

thanks
Glen

Sure, but beddy by for now.  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: January 10, 2009, 01:28:02 AM »
Sure, but beddy by for now.  ;D

what in the heck are u posting on getbig at 4am for!! GO TO BED!! ;D  ;)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #434 on: January 11, 2009, 07:31:25 AM »
disgusted in your opinion which is better dbol or adrol and why ?

what is the simplest cycle you would advise someone do for maximum gains/minimum sides?

thanks.
175lbs by 31st July

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10:10 PM »
disgusted in your opinion which is better dbol or adrol and why ?

what is the simplest cycle you would advise someone do for maximum gains/minimum sides?

thanks.

Dbol before drol. Dbol will give you good quality muscle gains all by itself. You will get nice and big full and round. Drol by itself is not as good and you tend to drop the gains quicker. Don't get me wrong it is good for size just not as good as dbol. Use drol before a show to increase blood volume which will add to your cosmetic density hardness and vascularity.

Simple? Dbol only cycle, do 6 weeks at 50 to 80 mgs. Advanced should do 100 or more.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: January 11, 2009, 11:14:18 PM »

can u please share

thanks
Glen

I pefer volume say around 10 to 15 sets.  Keep reps about 8 to 12. Sometimes I like to do high reps on legs say 70 to 80 reps on leg extensions. Will do those first. Will go first set 80 reps add a little weight maybe get 50 then add maybe get 35, will do total of 6 sets will take ma about 8 minutes. Move on to leg press or squats. I like to move quick with about 1 minute rest between sets slightly more when doing legs. Get in get out no talking destroy the muscle!!!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: January 11, 2009, 11:29:25 PM »
I pefer volume say around 10 to 15 sets.  Keep reps about 8 to 12. Sometimes I like to do high reps on legs say 70 to 80 reps on leg extensions. Will do those first. Will go first set 80 reps add a little weight maybe get 50 then add maybe get 35, will do total of 6 sets will take ma about 8 minutes. Move on to leg press or squats. I like to move quick with about 1 minute rest between sets slightly more when doing legs. Get in get out no talking destroy the muscle!!!!!!

Bro just wanted to say ive adopted your philosophy and its fuckin awesome.

Just curious, im hitting back tomorrow. What do u normally do for back??

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #438 on: January 11, 2009, 11:40:24 PM »
Bro just wanted to say ive adopted your philosophy and its fuckin awesome.

Just curious, im hitting back tomorrow. What do u normally do for back??

Don't go by me bro. My back is one of my strong point and I do very little. I would advise pulldowns, low rows and or db rows and some stiff arm pulldowns for the part of the lat right under your arm pit. This will give you a better outer lat in the front double bicep. Lower back just down some hypers.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: January 11, 2009, 11:41:52 PM »
Don't go by me bro. My back is one of my strong point and I do very little. I would advise pulldowns, low rows and or db rows and some stiff arm pulldowns for the part of the lat right under your arm pit. This will give you a better outer lat in the front double bicep. Lower back just down some hypers.

Ok just by this response. What percentage of building a pleasing, muscular physique would be training and what would be diet? and then what would be drugs?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: January 11, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »
Ok just by this response. What percentage of building a pleasing, muscular physique would be training and what would be diet? and then what would be drugs?

Be a little more specific. Height weight and bf levels.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: January 11, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »
Be a little more specific. Height weight and bf levels.

No I mean in like order of importance, what are the most important. Training? Diet? Drugs? and Genetics?

Because me personally I dont think it really matters what u train like, as long as u train hard. And that its mainly diet, then drugs and genetics.

What do u think Jim?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2009, 12:00:07 AM »
No I mean in like order of importance, what are the most important. Training? Diet? Drugs? and Genetics?

Because me personally I dont think it really matters what u train like, as long as u train hard. And that its mainly diet, then drugs and genetics.

What do u think Jim?

Unless you want to win the Olympia genetics are not important at all since anyone can build muscle. It's only your genetics that will determine what your muscles will look like as far as shape ect. Diet obviously is important as far as nutrients to be able to build muscle and lower bf levels. Training as you say to a degree is not that important as long as your follow certain paramiters. OK, once you get to your bodies max. muscle size naturally you will then need to go the "other" route to be able to build any more muscle. So as you can see diet training to a degree will get you so far and then drugs are needed no matter how "hard" you train and how "perfect" your diet is. So drug,s diet, training. Naturally, diet then training. You can train as long and hard as you want but your diet is shit then you will look like shit.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2009, 12:02:28 AM »
Unless you want to win the Olympia genetics are not important at all since anyone can build muscle. It's only your genetics that will determine what your muscles will look like as far as shape ect. Diet obviously is important as far as nutrients to be able to build muscle and lower bf levels. Training as you say to a degree is not that important as long as your follow certain paramiters. OK, once you get to your bodies max. muscle size naturally you will then need to go the "other" route to be able to build any more muscle. So as you can see diet training to a degree will get you so far and then drugs are needed no matter how "hard" you train and how "perfect" your diet is. So drug,s diet, training. Naturally, diet then training. You can train as long and hard as you want but your diet is shit then you will look like shit.

awesome answer dude, thank you!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2009, 02:58:33 PM »
Dbol before drol. Dbol will give you good quality muscle gains all by itself. You will get nice and big full and round. Drol by itself is not as good and you tend to drop the gains quicker. Don't get me wrong it is good for size just not as good as dbol. Use drol before a show to increase blood volume which will add to your cosmetic density hardness and vascularity.

Simple? Dbol only cycle, do 6 weeks at 50 to 80 mgs. Advanced should do 100 or more.

thanks jim.  :)
175lbs by 31st July

dustin

« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2009, 04:31:11 PM »

Great, honest advice. Much appreciation, man.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2009, 09:50:50 PM »
You're welcome guys.  :)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2009, 10:16:46 PM »
So, Jim...what are your thoughts/ideas on how someone best finds the 'right amount of carbs' to take in during the offseason?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2009, 11:35:41 PM »
So, Jim...what are your thoughts/ideas on how someone best finds the 'right amount of carbs' to take in during the offseason?

Easy just keep adding small amounts say 200 a week or so to your diet until you feel that you are gaining too much fat then back off slightly to you find that happy medium.

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #449 on: January 16, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »
Hi Disgusted, I had a couple questions for you. You seem to have a level headed realistic approach to things. I've heard a lot lately about the HCG diet and have had friends that have tried it. From what I understand they inject themselves daily with the HCG and then eat approximately 500 calories throughout the rest of the day. Do you know if this actually works or is it because of the limited calories? My one friend who was on it said that they told him the HCG provides 2000 calories per injection. Also, any more info. on when your product is coming out? Are you going to set it up where people can buy it wholesale and distribute it or do some kind of affiliate program? Thanks for the help.