Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98094 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #150 on: June 26, 2008, 04:48:25 PM »
Bring the body out of a catabolic state as soon as possible?

Do you do it like this for contest prep only or offseason too?
why would you be catabolic? your diet needs improvement if your catabolic at the end of every workout dude.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #151 on: June 26, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »
Btw, some info on sodium usniate

Sodium usniate

Recently a chemical isolated from the Kombucha plant has been marketed as a weight-loss agent. Sodium usniate disassociates into sodium and usnic acid. In one study using mouse liver mitochondria, only 1 micromole of usnic acid completely abolished oxidative phosphorylation, while 50 times more DNP was needed to do the same thing. Because of it’s strong effects, there is no doubt that this agent can increase weight loss, even though no human studies have validated this notion. However, numerous side effects are associated with Kombucha used as a tea and usnic acid itself. Medline is filled with reports of unexplained illnesses, liver problems, and allergic reactions associated with Kombucha tea consumption. In addition, usnic acid is toxic to a variety of cells lines from different species. It’s possible that other agents from Kombucha are causing the problems reported and not the usnic acid. However, given the toxicity of usnic acid to cells and the fact that it is a much stronger inhibitor of oxidative phosphorylation than DNP, it would be wise to hold off on using this agent until more research is known. If it turns out to be safe for use, than it will still help you to lose body fat. If it turns out to have some complications associated with it, then you saved yourself a load of hassles.

very very interesting.  :o

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #152 on: June 26, 2008, 06:38:39 PM »

It does?!?!   ???   :-\

yes, they are both uncoupling agents.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2008, 02:15:14 AM »
why would you be catabolic? your diet needs improvement if your catabolic at the end of every workout dude.

weightlifting is catabolic...i feel pretty empty after a session of back & bis.

I eat oatmeal, eggs & tuna 1-2hrs before 60g carbs and 40g protein
tank u jesus

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2008, 04:44:16 AM »
Hi Jim ! I always struggled with apetite...sometimes I only feel like eating 3 times a day...I try to reducethe cARBS and focus on protein. Since the time I worked with Ron Love, I learned to incorporate plenty of omega 3 fats in my bulking or cutting diets...At the same time, he always had me doing cardio in the offseason, and eating quite clean. Is it ok like this ? Or should I go nuts on any type of food to gain as much weight as possible...?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2008, 12:41:16 PM »

I may get some flack about this but whatever... I'll never understand why people rush to drink a glass of sugar directly after their workouts. You ate a good solid meal before your workout so eat another of the same. If you prefer to drink a meal then fine but try and have the same ratio of your macro nutrients as you did with your preworkout meal.

A lot of guys take insulin (which I do not recommend) after their workouts so they need to cover their ass with carbs, but this is totally different.  To answer the next question  ;D... Remember that it is one thing to use insulin to grow and another to overload glycogen stores the last few days before a show.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: June 27, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »

nah man, you wont be catabolic if youve eaten that 1-2 hours before you workout.

theres a difference between mobilizing body fat and movbilizing skeletal muscle !!!

catabolic= eating muscle

and anyways... drinking whey alone will take you out of a true catabolic state if you were to ever get into one..  no need for the crap sugars! even waxy, IMO, is crap to take. no reaosn for it, and nothing beneficial comes from it.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2008, 08:18:04 PM »
disgusted could you lay out a guide on insulin usage for a completetely uninformed individual that knows nothing about insulin ? like, doseage, injection frequency, mechanism of action, things you must do before/after administering the slin...  what kind of things to expect from slin.. minimum time running slin to see anything...ect ect

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: June 27, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »
Hi Jim ! I always struggled with apetite...sometimes I only feel like eating 3 times a day...I try to reducethe cARBS and focus on protein. Since the time I worked with Ron Love, I learned to incorporate plenty of omega 3 fats in my bulking or cutting diets...At the same time, he always had me doing cardio in the offseason, and eating quite clean. Is it ok like this ? Or should I go nuts on any type of food to gain as much weight as possible...?

Depends on what you mean by going nuts. I would not advocate getting fat by eatng all kinds of junk food. On the other hand if you are having problems then you can add more good fats to each meal in the form of red meat, eggs olive oil ect. Eating 3 times a day plus maybe one or two meal replacements is plenty of food per day. I do not believe that you need to eat tons of food to gain muscle. Eggs, meat, fish, chicken cottage cheese, rice, yams oats if you like. There are plenty of good calorie dense foods that you can eat.  :)

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2008, 05:40:11 AM »
I may get some flack about this but whatever... I'll never understand why people rush to drink a glass of sugar directly after their workouts. You ate a good solid meal before your workout so eat another of the same. If you prefer to drink a meal then fine but try and have the same ratio of your macro nutrients as you did with your preworkout meal.

A lot of guys take insulin (which I do not recommend) after their workouts so they need to cover their ass with carbs, but this is totally different.  To answer the next question  ;D... Remember that it is one thing to use insulin to grow and another to overload glycogen stores the last few days before a show.

Interesting! I am on a cutting diet now too, maybe i should try it for a while and see if there is a difference.

I looked at this guys diet, he is natural and ripped as hell! He is using waxy maize 30-80g carbs pwo. Doesn't seem to have any negative effect on him. http://brianwhitacre.net/
tank u jesus

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2008, 07:51:10 AM »
Interesting! I am on a cutting diet now too, maybe i should try it for a while and see if there is a difference.

I looked at this guys diet, he is natural and ripped as hell! He is using waxy maize 30-80g carbs pwo. Doesn't seem to have any negative effect on him. http://brianwhitacre.net/

I think that you are looking for a magic bullet bro. Waxy maze has little to do with why this kid is so ripped. He could replace the waxy maze with grape juice and it would make no difference. This diet is very precise for him and is nothing more than a standard low cal balanced diet.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »
I think that you are looking for a magic bullet bro. Waxy maze has little to do with why this kid is so ripped. He could replace the waxy maze with grape juice and it would make no difference. This diet is very precise for him and is nothing more than a standard low cal balanced diet.

I'm using a very similar diet he is and it is working great! However i doubt that i will ever get as ripped as him. I thought it was interesting to note that he is using simple sugar pwo and it doesn't seem to hinder his progress.

Then again every Coleman video i watch he never has a pwo shake, just eats regular meals before and after.
tank u jesus

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2008, 04:32:38 PM »
I'm using a very similar diet he is and it is working great! However i doubt that i will ever get as ripped as him. I thought it was interesting to note that he is using simple sugar pwo and it doesn't seem to hinder his progress.

Then again every Coleman video i watch he never has a pwo shake, just eats regular meals before and after.

The question is not why it would hinder his progress, but why would it? His diet is basic calorie counting and this drink is part of his daily intake. Nothing special about the drink. Like I said before, he could drink grape juice and it would make no difference.

As far as not being able to get as ripped as him, WHY THE HELL NOT! Have some faith in yourself, you can get as ripped as you want. Peace

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2008, 05:00:30 PM »
Disgusted you should contribute to the cardio thread on the main board. Are you a HIIT or moderate paced guy?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2008, 06:07:15 AM »
The question is not why it would hinder his progress, but why would it? His diet is basic calorie counting and this drink is part of his daily intake. Nothing special about the drink. Like I said before, he could drink grape juice and it would make no difference.

As far as not being able to get as ripped as him, WHY THE HELL NOT! Have some faith in yourself, you can get as ripped as you want. Peace

I was thinking that maybe all the sugars will not be used and some will turn to fat, therefore hinder progress. Where a regular meal would be used up (slow acting vs fast acting carbs etc...). Maybe that's not possible in a deficit, even if the carbs are junk still won't turn to fat?...

I will try this today! I am off to WO. after i will eat 40g whey and oatmeal 50g carbs :)

This is my first diet where i aim to get really low bf% and won't settle for 8% I guess it takes a couple of tries before i achieve that level of rippedness.

Thanks for the advice bro!!
tank u jesus

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2008, 07:23:30 AM »
disgusted - what about all these studies that show increased protein synthesis, better recover etc when fast carbs + protein are taken immedately before or after the w/o?
175lbs by 31st July

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2008, 09:12:26 AM »
 bobby - oatmeal + whey is perfect !  :)

fatpanda- the studies ive seen compare either [NOTHINg verse carbs+protein] OR [CARBS verse CARBS PLUS PROTEIN]....   theres no reasnon why carbs + protein   would make you grow any faster than protein alone POST WORKOUT... because post workout protein synthesis is alread jacked to the fullest and the body is going to be growing at its fastest rate possible -insulin/carbs or no insulin/carbs- as long as you provide it with amino acids.     

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
bobby - oatmeal + whey is perfect !  :)

fatpanda- the studies ive seen compare either [NOTHINg verse carbs+protein] OR [CARBS verse CARBS PLUS PROTEIN]....   theres no reasnon why carbs + protein   would make you grow any faster than protein alone POST WORKOUT... because post workout protein synthesis is alread jacked to the fullest and the body is going to be growing at its fastest rate possible -insulin/carbs or no insulin/carbs- as long as you provide it with amino acids.     

yes i too have seen these studies however insulin improves amino uptake into the muscle, along with other nutrients i.e. water, glucose etc. which all help optimise muscle growth.

as you know insulin combined smartly with pre/post workout meals has added 40lbs of muscle to bodybuiders on average since it became widespread. Just read some of milos's stuff on here.
175lbs by 31st July

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2008, 12:00:09 PM »
yes i too have seen these studies however insulin improves amino uptake into the muscle, along with other nutrients i.e. water, glucose etc. which all help optimise muscle growth.
yes. very true. BUT, heres the thing. the human body can only gsynthesize new muscle tissue at a certain rate. regardless of how much gear, how much insulin, how much amino acids, how much essential fats, how sedentray you are... there IS a limit at how fast the human can can build up muscle tissue.   once youve reached this ultimate pace of growth, adding in any more of any of the growth factors is simply useless; because even if the body wants T GROW FASTER, IT CANT. BECAUSE IT CAN ONLY GROW SO FAST! (sorry about the caps)    post training, the body is primed to synthesize protein as fast as it possible can. even in a natural bodybuilder. so drinking fast digesting amino acids that build up a big concentration ini the blood stream will be beneficial; since you can utilize them. BUT, drinking a bunch of c arbohydrates and jacking insulin up wont make you be able to grow any faster, since post training you are already at that ultimate growth pace!
as you know insulin combined smartly with pre/post workout meals has added 40lbs of muscle to bodybuiders on average since it became widespread. Just read some of milos's stuff on here. 100% i agree that insulin is a huge growth factor.  but they are using insulin at all times of the day. morning noon and night. both fast acting and slow acting forms of insulin that cause you to have this intense growth factor pretty much all day long.  thats why they grow

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2008, 12:05:16 PM »
but they are using insulin at all times of the day. morning noon and night. both fast acting and slow acting forms of insulin that cause you to have this intense growth factor pretty much all day long.  thats why they grow

That's not what Milos says. Around workouts only.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2008, 12:06:02 PM »
That's not what Milos says. Around workouts only.
     6 hour long workouts?   :D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2008, 12:38:32 PM »
     6 hour long workouts?   :D
They don't workout for 6 hours ::) It's actually a very quick workout.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2008, 12:41:54 PM »
They don't workout for 6 hours ::) It's actually a very quick workout.
um...derrrrrr.... it was a joke about slow acting insulin...  i guess if i had written the excact clearance time of humilin, then you may have gotten it.. but maybe not

anyways, the point is they DO NOT use insulin ONLY around workouts.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »

anyways, the point is they DO NOT use insulin ONLY around workouts.
And you know this how? When have you ever trained with anyone that used insulin? When have you used insulin?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2008, 12:46:18 PM »
And you know this how? When have you ever trained with anyone that used insulin? When have you used insulin?
it would be like saying " yes we use testosterone but we only use test susp and we only use it around workouts...

... SUUURRRREEEEEEE you do buddy   :D