Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98245 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »
it would be like saying " yes we use testosterone but we only use test susp and we only use it around workouts...

... SUUURRRREEEEEEE you do buddy   :D   
So you don't know.......

I guess Disgusted can answer settle this easily when he logs on............
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2008, 02:10:36 PM »
That's not what Milos says. Around workouts only.

agree completley - maybe they took it at all times when it first came out but not anymore. (unless they are diabetics, through all day use  ;D)
175lbs by 31st July

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
I once ate chicken & brown rice for a year post-workout and noticed no difference from when I drank a shake with dextrose after training................ .....except I wasn`t hungry again as fast.

Shakes = convience and something to take in a pinch or to augment the diet with.

You can make the same or better gains eating solid food throughout the day and even at post-workout.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2008, 02:26:19 PM »
Taylor,never fuck with insulin bro...........at your level,if you must use gear,it should be test only and at minimum dosages............say 500 mg./wk.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
Taylor,never fuck with insulin bro...........at your level,if you must use gear,it should be test only and at minimum dosages............say 500 mg./wk.
way to make it personal by using my real name  :D

hey dont worry, i think insulin is probably why guys get distended abdomens and i dont think id ever sacrifice an aesthetic midsection for more muscle

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
I once ate chicken & brown rice for a year post-workout and noticed no difference from when I drank a shake with dextrose after training................ .....except I wasn`t hungry again as fast.

Shakes = convience and something to take in a pinch or to augment the diet with.

You can make the same or better gains eating solid food throughout the day and even at post-workout.

i do have solid meals around the workout, but i made my best gains when i stuffed my face like a pig after the workout as opposed to a small  meal, and another an hour later. - i feel it was down to large insulin spike and extra calories around the workout + a synergistic effect between the 2.

i think milos would be better placed to answer this question than disgusted, as i don't think he agree's with insulin in general? (disgusted am i right? )

where as milos is the insulin godfather.
175lbs by 31st July

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2008, 02:33:47 PM »
i htink there is a huge benefit to whey protein. as no other source of protien can get you the kind of amino acid levels in the blood stream like whey can. and its on demand as well !

meat proteins digest slowwwwllllllyyyyyyyy..a nd they arent ANABOLIC without carbs digesting and spiking insulinalong with them....   they are simply ANTI CATABOLIC...   however... whey protein digest all at once, and is anabolic without carbs or high insulin !    (liquid egg whites give a similar effect as whey, except the amino acid profile on whey is a bit better)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
it would be like saying " yes we use testosterone but we only use test susp and we only use it around workouts...

... SUUURRRREEEEEEE you do buddy   :D   

I don't know why Milos would lie about only using it around workouts. It would be hard to get ripped if you used insulin round the clock.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2008, 02:45:44 PM »
yes thats true, i suppose pre contest it would be best just around workouts, or only once or twice a week like niccols advocates...

but offseason i would assume there are guys who use it most days and for the bigger portion o the day

i remember gh15 saying one professional is scared to eat without it  :-X

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »
i do have solid meals around the workout, but i made my best gains when i stuffed my face like a pig after the workout as opposed to a small  meal, and another an hour later. - i feel it was down to large insulin spike and extra calories around the workout + a synergistic effect between the 2.

i think milos would be better placed to answer this question than disgusted, as i don't think he agree's with insulin in general? (disgusted am i right? )

where as milos is the insulin godfather.

this is definitely an interesting topic

Milos answer: http://www.dailymotion.com/related/4703319/video/x2stak_milos-sarcevs-seminar-pt2_extreme
tank u jesus

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
ive watched that many times as well bobby.   milos says high glycemic carbs are good because they help replenish glycogen fat so you can train again the same day.

if you ever go train with milos he will eat starburst or other junk post training as a source of carb though

Alex23

« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2008, 03:41:08 PM »
ive watched that many times as well bobby.   milos says high glycemic carbs are good because they help replenish glycogen fat so you can train again the same day.

if you ever go train with milos he will eat starburst or other junk post training as a source of carb though

candi are we still meeting for training next week? On 11th street or Tracy Blvd (the newer one)?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
candi are we still meeting for training next week? On 11th street or Tracy Blvd (the newer one)?

Can I go too???  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
Disgusted,

Whats your thoughts on Vince Gironda and his methodologies?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2008, 04:03:37 PM »

Really, he does ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »
Really, he does ???
this is what ive heard  :D

Alex23

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
ive watched that many times as well bobby.   milos says high glycemic carbs are good because they help replenish glycogen fat so you can train again the same day.

Deal. As long as you stay away from my crotchal area.

Hey you know what, we'll go get pizza on 11th st.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2008, 04:06:23 PM »
what day exacly, alex.. and no; i go to either the in shape or the 24 hour here in manteca...     currently i go some thing like mon = chest tues=legs thurs=back fri=shoulders sat = arms..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2008, 04:09:13 PM »
Alex, flex and candi............take it to another board so I don't have to delete posts from Disgusteds thread.

:-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2008, 04:37:24 PM »
Alex, flex and candi............take it to another board so I don't have to delete posts from Disgusteds thread.

:-*

Its all positive though Chaos. Isnt that what this board is all about......

We're inviting Disgusted as well. So it remains pertnent :)

But in all seriousness. yea delete our post. We are ruining this thread haha ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »
Damn, I'm gone for the day and come back to a great debate. Ok, ain't got too much time to go into detail now, but short answers for now.

Post workout Wes is correct. Solid food IMO is best 99% of time.

I personally have always wondered if there was any advantage to taking slin only after workouts. Is there any real solid proof that these nutrients are getting used any better just because you happened to train a certain bodypart? Milos does at times advocate using it prework also so it is not written in stone for just post workout.

I am also not (totally) convinced that the growth that people get is due to a standard anabolic effect in the same manner that steroids work. I did once read about a guy who did not use carbs while taking slin and gained about 10 solid pounds and no fat gain. He used protein and fat as far as food goes. I do not remember at all about how he did this so don't ask. I wish I could remember, but even if I did I do not think that there is any advantage to it anyway.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2008, 10:35:34 PM »
Damn, I'm gone for the day and come back to a great debate. Ok, ain't got too much time to go into detail now, but short answers for now.

Post workout Wes is correct. Solid food IMO is best 99% of time.

I personally have always wondered if there was any advantage to taking slin only after workouts. Is there any real solid proof that these nutrients are getting used any better just because you happened to train a certain bodypart? Milos does at times advocate using it prework also so it is not written in stone for just post workout.

I am also not (totally) convinced that the growth that people get is due to a standard anabolic effect in the same manner that steroids work. I did once read about a guy who did not use carbs while taking slin and gained about 10 solid pounds and no fat gain. He used protein and fat as far as food goes. I do not remember at all about how he did this so don't ask. I wish I could remember, but even if I did I do not think that there is any advantage to it anyway.
yeah! i read this guy too. i think it was on anabolex ? he came up with a theory that you didnt need carbs to not go hypo, all you needed was sufficient amino acids for gluconeogenesis ! pretty sweet that he tried it out ! haha. kinda risky  :o

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #197 on: June 30, 2008, 04:14:49 AM »
yeah! i read this guy too. i think it was on anabolex ? he came up with a theory that you didnt need carbs to not go hypo, all you needed was sufficient amino acids for gluconeogenesis ! pretty sweet that he tried it out ! haha. kinda risky  :o

Google for Big Fat Bastard Insulin Program or something like that. I think it might have been "L. Rea" who wrote the article under a pseudonym but don't know for sure.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #198 on: June 30, 2008, 04:20:49 AM »

Yeah and asking Milos to explain in detail why it works so much better used around workouts is useless too. He thinks everyone who doesn't immediately accept the theory as fact is just a stupid basement dwelling teenager.  :D
Same with his recent rants about individual amino acids causing much more growth than protein from solid foods. He would have a hard time defending why aminos are better IMO but he is too arrogant to engage in serious debate.

BTW Disgusted, what do you think of the LBA protein Phil Hernon sells?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
i may be wrong, but i think insulin is best used around the workout due to a theory that insulin stores nutrients in the area of the body that its currently in, (via blood) so during a workout most of the blood of the body is in the muslces, so thats where most of the storage takes place.

if insulin is used anytime not around workouts then the blood is evenly distributed and nutrients are evenly stored throughout the body.
175lbs by 31st July