Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98231 times)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #225 on: July 03, 2008, 05:42:55 PM »
I could say a lot here, but i'll settle for telling you that you were a pro who i admired for various reasons, not lease of all you willingness to help others. I also felt you have kept your dignity when others have went out of their way to insult and ridicule you.

Your response to my question after i asked a perfectly polite and civil question (after you invite questions), does injustice to me, disgusted and the others who have tried to participate in an interesting discussion.

you have went down in my estimation, and while you no doubt don't care one bit about that, you should be aware that you have only highlighted why disgusted gets so much respect around here, while you struggle.

Thanks for nothing.

:'( :'( :'(

Sensitive?

Your perfectly polite and civil question? ::)

It didn't occur to you that maybe I don't have commodity of FREE TIME and that I can selectively answer few short questions WHEN time permits?

When I see someone who after asking the question - insists that I have to answer his question as major priority - I put them on the bottom of my list...

Interestingly, you have few "words of choice" and suggest - I am: struggling ;D ;D ;D?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #226 on: July 03, 2008, 07:51:24 PM »
Van, fair enough...
But, I will suggest that we don't take too much of Disgusting space/thread...and move our conversation on my thread right bellow... ;D

What??? Jim, I said something wrong? ;D...Speak no English excuse doesn't work this time?

Anyway, how is your rash? Getting better?  ;D

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted ;D ;D ;D***

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted 8) 8) 8)***

*** Reminder *** Keep it positive or your post will be deleted :-* :-* :-****

Play nice Milos, no need for rash discussions. :-X
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #227 on: July 03, 2008, 08:03:32 PM »
Milo's or Disgusted...What do you guys recommend to keep muscles full when on a extreme ketogenic diet...Instead of glucose if possible?..Things like creatine, etc? Thanks guys...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #228 on: July 03, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »
Milo's or Disgusted...What do you guys recommend to keep muscles full when on a extreme ketogenic diet...Instead of glucose if possible?..Things like creatine, etc? Thanks guys...
creatine draws water in a different way and not the way u really want it.bloated and watery isn't the same as a full dry thin skinned look with fullness.

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »
creatine draws water in a different way and not the way u really want it.bloated and watery isn't the same as a full dry thin skinned look with fullness.

I'm not really going to compete so being bloated isn't a problem..I just want to throw the weights arounds without having to drop poundages to low.. :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: July 04, 2008, 12:11:05 AM »
Damn, finally got that "virus"  ;D under control. Turns out all I needed was some antibiotics.  :P Seriously though, I'm no computer dummy but this sucked.

Panda, Props to your answers to my questions a few pages ago! Ok, it has been so long that I honestly forget what the heck I was supposed to answer sooooo, what was it again that someone asked?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #231 on: July 04, 2008, 12:12:52 AM »
Damn, finally got that "virus"  ;D under control. Turns out all I needed was some antibiotics.  :P Seriously though, I'm no computer dummy but this sucked.

Panda, Props to your answers to my questions a few pages ago! Ok, it has been so long that I honestly forget what the heck I was supposed to answer sooooo, what was it again that someone asked?

So whats your thoughts on vince gironda :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: July 04, 2008, 12:41:48 AM »
So whats your thoughts on vince gironda :)

He was the man, a real pioneer on a lot of different training techiques and diet too. Vince was not a big fan of steroids but he also was not stupid and he knew that a lot of the guys who trained in his gym took them. I think that everyone should read up on his theories. You may not agree on everything that he said but I am sure you can learn some valuable info.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: July 04, 2008, 12:48:51 AM »
He was the man, a real pioneer on a lot of different training techiques and diet too. Vince was not a big fan of steroids but he also was not stupid and he knew that a lot of the guys who trained in his gym took them. I think that everyone should read up on his theories. You may not agree on everything that he said but I am sure you can learn some valuable info.

what are some of his methods that you incorporate into your own philosohpies?

And what do u think about his "maximum definition diet"

Breakfast
Eggs (no limit)
Meat (any kind, no limit)

Supplements
1 multi-vitamin tablet
1 Vitamin B complex
1 Vitamin C tablet
1 Vitamin E capsule
1 chelated mineral tablet
1 alfalfa tablet
10 kelp tablets
3 tri-germ and wheat germ oil capsules
3 halibut oil capsules
3 HCL tablets (before meal)
3 digestive enzyme tablets (after meal)
3 lipotropic tablets (250-100 mg choline, inositol, methionine)
10 calcium tablets
1 RNA-DNA tablet
1 niacin tablet
1 oz liquid beef amino acid
3 lysine tablets
3 multi-glandular tablets

Lunch
Same as breakfast

Supplements
1 iron tablet
(same supplements as breakfast with the omission of Vitamin E, tri-germ, wheat germ, and halibut oil capsules.)

Dinner
Same as lunch
*Supplements same as lunch

Special Supplements
10 amino-acid and desiccated liver tablets (every 3 hours)
1 Vitamin C (300mg) plus 5 calcium tablets (every 3 hours)
4 raw orchic-tissue tablets (before bed and after workouts)
5-10 grams of arginine, ornithine (before retiring on an empty stomach)
3-5 grams of trytophan plus 10 calcium tablets (before retiring on an empty stomach)

The above diet works so well for defining muscles because fats are used as a source of fuel for the body. Since it is difficult for the body to convert fat into energy, this results in a loss off your existing body fat. Finally, I recommend that you take a layoff of 3-5 days from all supplements every third week, while abstaining from them one day each week. Also, remember to have a high-carbohydrate meal with no protein every third or fourth day to replenish glycogen to your muscles.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: July 04, 2008, 01:33:51 AM »
In todays world that diet will not get someone extremely ripped, but it is good start. It needs to be modified in some ways to keep the progress going. Back in the day one did not need to get shredded so this diet was all that was needed. I do think that most, but not all the supps he recommends are of worth too. The problem with most guys and trainers who use the low to no carb diets is they do not know how to get that last bit of fat off of someone.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #235 on: July 04, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »
The problem with most guys and trainers who use the low to no carb diets is they do not know how to get that last bit of fat off of someone.

so....how do you get the last bit of fat of someone on a low carb diet? reduce fat too? :)

vince had a great physique for a natural, heard he was a bit crazy too. no wonder though, living of a diet like that. :D
175lbs by 31st July

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: July 04, 2008, 08:25:45 AM »
Hello disgusted, hope you have a good 4th today

I have a question on my diet: I just finished cutting and i did the keto diet for about 12 weeks...I got lean, but not super ripped. I went from 234 down to 202 at 9% bodyfat and I was able to hold onto my muscle.

This is my current diet right now...my goals are to slowly add muscle and not gain a lot of bodyfat. being i was on keto for 12 weeks i didnt want to start adding tons of carbs right away and overlaod my body:

1)5 omega eggs w/ some salsa, 3/4 cup slow cooked oats, handful of berries
2)50g of VPX low carb protein, handful cashews
3)8 oz chicken, small sweet potoatoe or ezekiel wrap,(like 30g of carbs) veggies, and 2 tbsp organic guacomole(about 12g of fat)
4)pre workout, same as meal 2
5)post workout...3 scoops of universal torrent w/ a nitro pack...then 30 minutes later, 50g beverly muscle provider
6)8 oz of top round steak, 1 cup green veggies............or 8 oz chicken 1 cup green veggies 1.5tbsp natural peanut butter

cheat meal is once per week

cardio is 2-3 times a week for 30 mins post workout
my supps are:
fish oil
evening primrose oil
dessicated liver
amino tabs

do u have any critiques? do u have an opinion of how many carbs i should have per meal?

thanks!
w

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #237 on: July 04, 2008, 08:31:51 AM »
Hello disgusted, hope you have a good 4th today

I have a question on my diet: I just finished cutting and i did the keto diet for about 12 weeks...I got lean, but not super ripped. I went from 234 down to 202 at 9% bodyfat and I was able to hold onto my muscle.

This is my current diet right now...my goals are to slowly add muscle and not gain a lot of bodyfat. being i was on keto for 12 weeks i didnt want to start adding tons of carbs right away and overlaod my body:

1)5 omega eggs w/ some salsa, 3/4 cup slow cooked oats, handful of berries
2)50g of VPX low carb protein, handful cashews
3)8 oz chicken, small sweet potoatoe or ezekiel wrap,(like 30g of carbs) veggies, and 2 tbsp organic guacomole(about 12g of fat)
4)pre workout, same as meal 2
5)post workout...3 scoops of universal torrent w/ a nitro pack...then 30 minutes later, 50g beverly muscle provider
6)8 oz of top round steak, 1 cup green veggies............or 8 oz chicken 1 cup green veggies 1.5tbsp natural peanut butter

cheat meal is once per week

cardio is 2-3 times a week for 30 mins post workout
my supps are:
fish oil
evening primrose oil
dessicated liver
amino tabs

do u have any critiques? do u have an opinion of how many carbs i should have per meal?

thanks!

natural, have you thought about a tkd type of diet to slowly introduce the carbs back in ( but at the right times when they are sucked up by the muscle)?

i find it works well.
175lbs by 31st July

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #238 on: July 04, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »
In todays world that diet will not get someone extremely ripped, but it is good start. It needs to be modified in some ways to keep the progress going. Back in the day one did not need to get shredded so this diet was all that was needed. I do think that most, but not all the supps he recommends are of worth too. The problem with most guys and trainers who use the low to no carb diets is they do not know how to get that last bit of fat off of someone.

Should they alter there strategy to get that last bit off? When I Low carb i never really hit a sticking point..However, on the other hand i don't get to bodybuilding type levels of bodyfat..

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: July 04, 2008, 11:48:06 AM »
Should they alter there strategy to get that last bit off? When I Low carb i never really hit a sticking point..However, on the other hand i don't get to bodybuilding type levels of bodyfat..

Yes, I find that adding carbs back in a specific times works well. I do not prefer the standard carb rotation which is basically just calorie manipulation not to say that it doesn't work just my preference.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

First, if we all understand the real REASON to follow KETOGENIC TYPE OF DIET for bodybuilders and/or realize that DNL (or De Nuovo Lipogenesis) hardly happens in humans ( I know I am opening a can of worms, but - oh well... or maybe better choice of words would be that humans have very limited DNL capacity )- we can structure pretty much the PERFECT DIET where we could simultaneously build muscle and loose fat at the same time...

I've been claiming for almost 3 decades something that I am finally seeing more and more in the literature...and that is that numerous clinical nutritionists recognize that ELIMINATING one kind of energy substrate or system...COULD cause MORE EFFICIENT utilization of remaining one...and whoever pays close attention to details - could very easily realize what steps should be made for someone to take the advantage of the circumstances....

In my case: once I establish metabolism, energy intake and expenditure of my clients - in consideration of their goals I structure the diet program - pretty much for THE REST OF THEIR LIVES...

It is scary to mention how little people think about their nutritional needs...even the very intelligent and/or educated individuals allow themselves to make the statement: Yeah, yeah...I know that I am not eating right...I know that I should have more meals and better nutrition, without skipping meals, with usually no breakfast, shitty lunch...and than "sensible dinner"...I know that I should take my vitamins and minerals rather than cigarettes and alcohol..but...

But what?

Doing the RIGHT THING all the time - is... THE RIGHT THING!

Whatever your nutritional goal is - make sure you understand reasons WHY you are eating certain food in the first place...

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2008, 07:13:22 PM »
Thanks Milos, and Mr Disgusted for the thorough responses..

Mush Appreciated.. 8)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2008, 11:24:49 PM »
Nicky, you may want to give me and example of the diet that you are or have followed. A ketogenic diet seems to have many different meanings depending on the person. The reason I ask is because unless you are coming into the home stretch for a show there is no reason for you to not feel like you are getting a pump.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2008, 11:08:09 PM »
D,

Whats your thoughts on offseason cardio. Do you recommend it? And if so, what are your usual recomendations?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: July 06, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »
D,

Whats your thoughts on offseason cardio. Do you recommend it? And if so, what are your usual recomendations?

I don't recommend it in short. Of course, if you are nothing but a slug who only workouts out say 3 times a week and does very little in the way of moving around  ;D then nothing wrong with getting on the treadmill 3 or 4 times per week for say maybe 20 to 30 min.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
I don't recommend it in short. Of course, if you are nothing but a slug who only workouts out say 3 times a week and does very little in the way of moving around  ;D then nothing wrong with getting on the treadmill 3 or 4 times per week for say maybe 20 to 30 min.

And what about an offseason MRP shake? do you have any that are good sources of pro/carb and fats?

I have about a million questions to ask you but ill try to keep it to only a few per week :)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2008, 12:00:18 AM »
Hi Disgusted or Milos, quick question(s) here...

Im currently cutting, not for a show or anything, just to get down to a more respectable BF %. Im currently following a keto diet (Palumbo) and am doing cardio first thing in the morning.

1. What is your thought on post workout cardio? I want to maybe start doing 2 cardio sessions a day to see how that goes.

2.If i do post workout cardio, should i have a quick whey shake first, then do the cardio, or just do the cardio right after weights? Also, morning cardio is for about 45-50 mins, should post workout cardio be for the same duration as in the morning?

Cheers.
No doubt about it...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2008, 12:03:28 AM »
Hi Disgusted or Milos, quick question(s) here...

Im currently cutting, not for a show or anything, just to get down to a more respectable BF %. Im currently following a keto diet (Palumbo) and am doing cardio first thing in the morning.

1. What is your thought on post workout cardio? I want to maybe start doing 2 cardio sessions a day to see how that goes.

2.If i do post workout cardio, should i have a quick whey shake first, then do the cardio, or just do the cardio right after weights? Also, morning cardio is for about 45-50 mins, should post workout cardio be for the same duration as in the morning?

Cheers.

u know milos has his own QandA as well :)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: July 07, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »
And what about an offseason MRP shake? do you have any that are good sources of pro/carb and fats?

I have about a million questions to ask you but ill try to keep it to only a few per week :)

Nothing special about MRPs. I would only use them when you can not possibly eat a solid meal. I think that Metrx makes a lower sugar one at least they used to and I am sure that others have followed. I would try and find one that is low in sugar and has a good amount of protein and essential fats in it.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: July 07, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »
Nothing special about MRPs. I would only use them when you can not possibly eat a solid meal. I think that Metrex makes a lower sugar one at least they used to and I am sure that others have followed. I would try and find one that is low in sugar and has a good amount of protein and essential fats in it.

What about your own homemade one? Do you have any recipes for a home MRP? I was just thinking when im stuck at work for 16 hours, i know MRP's will come in handy.

And yea I dont like the way the already made ones taste. Id rather do my own.