Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 97826 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #325 on: July 23, 2008, 09:43:30 PM »
Jim thinking about doing this after my current dieting is over.

Keeping my protein intake adequate, keeping the fat levels up, and only eating carbs on the days that I train post workout and at breakfast, or at post workout only. Or would you have carbs everyday?? The carbs would be from good carb sources only, oats, rice, grits, berries, etc.

Also adding in a cheat meal about every 4 days or so to keep me happy :)

What do u think of this approach, im trying to stay lean as possible while still adding on muscle.

It really sounds like a good approach. I think that you personally may do well to limit you carbs on certain days depending on your daily activities. A preworkout drink of say maltodextrin and some whey protein would be a good idea. Maybe 50 grams of malto and 30 to 40 grams whey.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #326 on: July 23, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
Ok so dont go no carbs on the days I dont workout. But just limit them?? Like some oats or grits for breakfast, maybe a lil' berries as well??

The reason I ask, i want to stay, I CAN SEE MY ABS LEAN, all year around. That way whenever I do diet, it wont fuckin suck.

Also Im still thinkin bout doing cardio 2-3 days a week, or is that overkill? And should I just lower carbs if i feel myself getting fatter than i want to be?

And lastly, I totally agree about counting protein and whatnot, just eat protein with every meal, it healthy fats, and time your carbs properly and I think everyone will be alright. I dont really think overeating is a problem. But overeating of shitty food is. If people ate all the chicken, fish, steak and spinach/broccoli that they wanted, i doubt that they'd be fat.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: July 23, 2008, 10:14:50 PM »
Ok so dont go no carbs on the days I dont workout. But just limit them?? Like some oats or grits for breakfast, maybe a lil' berries as well??

The reason I ask, i want to stay, I CAN SEE MY ABS LEAN, all year around. That way whenever I do diet, it wont fuckin suck.

Also Im still thinkin bout doing cardio 2-3 days a week, or is that overkill? And should I just lower carbs if i feel myself getting fatter than i want to be?

And lastly, I totally agree about counting protein and whatnot, just eat protein with every meal, it healthy fats, and time your carbs properly and I think everyone will be alright. I dont really think overeating is a problem. But overeating of shitty food is. If people ate all the chicken, fish, steak and spinach/broccoli that they wanted, i doubt that they'd be fat.

Sounds like you are getting the hang of this.  ;D 2-3 days of cardio a week is not too much. Bout 30 min sessions wouls be fine.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
Sounds like you are getting the hang of this.  ;D 2-3 days of cardio a week is not too much. Bout 30 min sessions wouls be fine.

haha, I didnt get a Bachelors in Kinesiology and Health for no reason haha.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »
i do 20-45 mins post workout cardio every workout regardless of shredding or gaining.  :) and IMO it is very beneficial in both stages. helps me grow, and helps me lean out.

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
« Reply #330 on: July 24, 2008, 09:52:47 AM »
Thanks Disgusted.

It's never a good idea no matter natural or not to get fat in the off season!!! I really don't think that you need to count cals. At least not for that majority of people. Most people have a good idea how much food that they can eat without getting fat and why not since most people have been eating for years.  ;D Should be an expert by now. I like a diet high in protein say lean red meat, eggs fish turkey chicken cottage cheese. Then some carbs from rice yams oats potatoes but be careful how many carbs. Play around with them and only  eat as many as you need to fuel your workouts and sustain gains but not enough to make you fat. Start with say 250 grams per day and go from there.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #331 on: July 24, 2008, 03:05:53 PM »
what does better insulin sensitivity really mean and how do you benefit from it?
tank u jesus

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #332 on: July 25, 2008, 01:53:33 AM »
Disgusted, you may have already anwsered this, but what is your thoughts/opinions on the Palumbo diet?

Im currently on it and am finding it effective and feel pretty good on it too. Strength hasn't dropped off too much at all.

Im just doing it to get leaner (no show or anything), and am down 16lbs and 5 inches off the waistline so far.

Its just i always hear mixed reports on it. People saying you need to have the carbs, and once you finish dieting you will put it back on again...
No doubt about it...

AVBG

« Reply #333 on: July 25, 2008, 04:54:12 AM »
Hey JM,
what are your thoughts on fat loading as opposed to carb loading prior to a show? I remember Rhino blaming carb loading for his ordinary condition/placing at the pdi noc a while back.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: July 25, 2008, 08:11:19 PM »
Hey JM,
what are your thoughts on fat loading as opposed to carb loading prior to a show? I remember Rhino blaming carb loading for his ordinary condition/placing at the pdi noc a while back.

Rhino did too many diuretics and  prob ate too many carbs too. I am not a fan of fat looading either.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: July 25, 2008, 10:07:58 PM »
Disgusted,

Getbiggers want to know.

Who are the most famous people that you've GURU'D for???

We all know King Kamali, anybody else?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #336 on: July 26, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »
Rhino did too many diuretics and  prob ate too many carbs too. I am not a fan of fat looading either.
gym body and stage body,he's the 1st category.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: July 28, 2008, 02:22:48 PM »
Disgusted,

Getbiggers want to know.

Who are the most famous people that you've GURU'D for???

We all know King Kamali, anybody else?

As you already know,  ;D I trained Betty Pariso for the Arnold Classic in 2006. She got 5th place as I recall and the girl on the left I think won it. I also trained  IFBB Figure pro Stephanie Collins since she was an amateur and I trained IFBB Fitness Pro Tracey Greenwood for her NY Pro win,  I believe it was in 2006.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: July 28, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »
As you already know,  ;D I trained Betty Pariso for the Arnold Classic in 2006. She got 5th place as I recall and the girl on the left I think won it. I also trained  IFBB Figure pro Stephanie Collins since she was an amateur and I trained IFBB Fitness Pro Tracey Greenwood for her NY Pro win,  I believe it was in 2006.
Damn, Betty looked amazing. I cant believe shes old enough to be my grandmother haha.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #339 on: July 28, 2008, 10:54:17 PM »
So let me get this right...a few pages back I believe you mentioned you dont like the carb cycling.  Do you feel that its just not very effective?  I am curious because I am about seven weeks out from a show...and thats been my typical way of dieting.  I am hoping to come in as shredded as Brian Whitacre looked in his pics. 

Also....if you were supplementing with glutamine and BCAA's....do you count them towards your daily protein intake?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »
So let me get this right...a few pages back I believe you mentioned you dont like the carb cycling.  Do you feel that its just not very effective?  I am curious because I am about seven weeks out from a show...and thats been my typical way of dieting.  I am hoping to come in as shredded as Brian Whitacre looked in his pics. 

Also....if you were supplementing with glutamine and BCAA's....do you count them towards your daily protein intake?

I will assume when you say carb cycling that you are talking about the conventional way that most people do which is high and low days. this is nothing more than calorie cycling. It's OK but I do things differently. i

I do not count the two items that you mentioned.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #341 on: August 28, 2008, 06:10:13 AM »
Hey disgusted , one wuick question i need urgently answered...

Its not good to train when you sick right ?with weights ...

But is it ok to do cardio whilst sick ???

asap pls....

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #342 on: August 31, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
Disgusted;

I know you can't tell eveything about King's prep...but, please consider a rough dry run for the last 4 days.

And what foods would you consider the best pre-contest foods...without really knowing a bodybuilder.

Thank you!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: September 01, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
Hey disgusted , one wuick question i need urgently answered...

Its not good to train when you sick right ?with weights ...

But is it ok to do cardio whilst sick ???

asap pls....

Sorry for the delay. I would say no BUT if you feel well enough it's OK.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: September 01, 2008, 09:27:36 PM »
Disgusted;

I know you can't tell eveything about King's prep...but, please consider a rough dry run for the last 4 days.

And what foods would you consider the best pre-contest foods...without really knowing a bodybuilder.

Thank you!

To be honest when I train someone even though I have a rough idea what will be done I usually go with how that certain individual is responding and make the necessary changes as need be. If you have some specific question feel free to ask.

In general I do not carb up and on rare occasions that I do somewhat of a carb up I am very conservative. I just stick with lean red meat chicken fish turkey ect. Carbs would be rice yams oats and such. I have found that rice is not always tolerated by quite a few people so I may use oats instead or yams, but again I do not do the standard carb up.

BigAnt

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • What don't kill me...makes me stronger
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2008, 08:39:09 PM »
Jim;

Great job with King...wish you both the best!

What other male IFBB Pros have you worked with>?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »
Jim;

Great job with King...wish you both the best!

What other male IFBB Pros have you worked with>?

Thanks  bro. King is the only male pro.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #347 on: September 14, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
Ive talked to you before without actually knowing how good your rep is around here so thanks for all the positive advise you've been giving., so if you have time can you check out the thread on Luke Wood and please give us your opinion on what happened to him, cause he looked fantastic 8 weeks out and what he showed sat. was truly mind boggling, an oipinion would be appriciated.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #348 on: September 14, 2008, 12:26:46 PM »
Ive talked to you before without actually knowing how good your rep is around here so thanks for all the positive advise you've been giving., so if you have time can you check out the thread on Luke Wood and please give us your opinion on what happened to him, cause he looked fantastic 8 weeks out and what he showed sat. was truly mind boggling, an oipinion would be appriciated.
Those pics are actually from Aug 31, not 8 weeks. I saw him when he arrived at The Koloseum, he was huge and shredded two weeks out, couldn't hold the conditioning for that long I guess. Maybe Disgusted could give a better idea of what he could have done to keep it. IMO, he just peaked two weeks too early.....disgusted, what do you think?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

AVBG

« Reply #349 on: September 14, 2008, 01:11:03 PM »
Those pics are actually from Aug 31, not 8 weeks. I saw him when he arrived at The Koloseum, he was huge and shredded two weeks out, couldn't hold the conditioning for that long I guess. Maybe Disgusted could give a better idea of what he could have done to keep it. IMO, he just peaked two weeks too early.....disgusted, what do you think?

I believe its true chaos...Contest prep particularly the last week is a lot less complicated for the drug free. I know Luke struggles when on the gear closer to a contest, it really doesn't agree with him at all.