Author Topic: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread  (Read 98182 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Ask Disgusted.....Q&A thread
« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2008, 03:05:08 PM »
Those pics are actually from Aug 31, not 8 weeks. I saw him when he arrived at The Koloseum, he was huge and shredded two weeks out, couldn't hold the conditioning for that long I guess. Maybe Disgusted could give a better idea of what he could have done to keep it. IMO, he just peaked two weeks too early.....disgusted, what do you think?
What? 2 weeks out, how could he have messed up that badly. man thats crazy ???

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #351 on: September 14, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »
Ive talked to you before without actually knowing how good your rep is around here so thanks for all the positive advise you've been giving., so if you have time can you check out the thread on Luke Wood and please give us your opinion on what happened to him, cause he looked fantastic 8 weeks out and what he showed sat. was truly mind boggling, an oipinion would be appriciated.

Severely dehydrated, was shaking badly during his posing routine. My opinion.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #352 on: September 15, 2008, 09:51:52 AM »

Disgusted,

What would you say is the upper end of doing cardio after a workout?
The past few years, due to necessity, I've had to do cardio after my workout. In the end this ended up getting me in better shape than anything I've ever done.
I usually ramp up about 5min every other week since I'm never in a hurry to make a deadline for a contest (just prefer to stay lean). I usually top off with 45-50min after my workout, which the workout is about 60min in itself. And I only do cardio after my workout, which is 4x a week.
My strength remains where I would like, but naturally I do lose a bit. I drink EAA shakes pre-, intra, and post-workout (not Milos' but similar) and I've also found this to help with not losing muscle.
I'm curious to your thoughts on this. I hear so many people talk about how 45min is too much....I've always ended up at this level near the peak of my cutting phase. Whether or not it's in conjunction with my workout or not.
Thanks.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39:37 PM »
Disgusted,

What would you say is the upper end of doing cardio after a workout?
The past few years, due to necessity, I've had to do cardio after my workout. In the end this ended up getting me in better shape than anything I've ever done.
I usually ramp up about 5min every other week since I'm never in a hurry to make a deadline for a contest (just prefer to stay lean). I usually top off with 45-50min after my workout, which the workout is about 60min in itself. And I only do cardio after my workout, which is 4x a week.
My strength remains where I would like, but naturally I do lose a bit. I drink EAA shakes pre-, intra, and post-workout (not Milos' but similar) and I've also found this to help with not losing muscle.
I'm curious to your thoughts on this. I hear so many people talk about how 45min is too much....I've always ended up at this level near the peak of my cutting phase. Whether or not it's in conjunction with my workout or not.
Thanks.

It varies but 45 min is not too much. Even when someone stay very lean in the offseason I still have them hit cardio at the very latest bout 5 weeks out and usually 45 min is the min.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #354 on: September 15, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »
It varies but 45 min is not too much. Even when someone stay very lean in the offseason I still have them hit cardio at the very latest bout 5 weeks out and usually 45 min is the min.

how about 45-60 min a day since from may to september~!!!!  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: September 16, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »
how about 45-60 min a day since from may to september~!!!!  ;D

Um, no comment.  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2008, 11:33:31 AM »
Jim,

What would  you say would be the best way to take advantage of the rebound after dieting for 16 weeks ( like I just did :) ).................

I ask you this on a public forum because I think alot of people have this same questions.

And who better to ask then you!!!!!!

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2008, 12:07:33 PM »
Do you mind answering this regarding the "powder" mentioned?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=234166.75

thanks in advance!
i

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: September 17, 2008, 12:07:40 PM »
Jim,

What would  you say would be the best way to take advantage of the rebound after dieting for 16 weeks ( like I just did :) ).................

I ask you this on a public forum because I think alot of people have this same questions.

And who better to ask then you!!!!!!

Best way would be too stay on the same diet, but to increase the calories. People always ask me how many carbs to eat. The answer to that question is to increase them just enough so that you do not get fat. STAY LEAN!!! This way you can build quality and see what is going on. It's very simple, but most will never do this due to mainly discipline reasons. Why waste all those weeks of dieiting just to get fat again?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
Do you mind answering this regarding the "powder" mentioned?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=234166.75

thanks in advance!

I am leaving now, but will answer it with a new thread later.  :)

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #360 on: September 17, 2008, 12:11:19 PM »

perfect.  thanks!
i

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: September 17, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »
Best way would be too stay on the same diet, but to increase the calories. People always ask me how many carbs to eat. The answer to that question is to increase them just enough so that you do not get fat. STAY LEAN!!! This way you can build quality and see what is going on. It's very simple, but most will never do this due to mainly discipline reasons. Why waste all those weeks of dieiting just to get fat again?

How about the old vince gironda lean gaining diet. ???

The Advanced Maintenance Diet

This is a diet that you can remain on for a long time because it is well balanced with protein, fats, and carbohydrates. I recommend that you stay on it most of the time for gradual weight gains. Use the other diets given as short-term boosters when trying to force the body to maximum gains.

Breakfast
1 cup of coffee or tea
4-6 eggs (poached or soft boiled, or in an omelette with choice of cheese, bacon, mushrooms, etc. NO SALT)
2 slices of whole wheat bread or toast with sweet butter ( I'll use ezekial bread )

Lunch
1 glass iced tea or lemonade
1 lb. broiled meat (your choice) with steamed green vegetables
or
1 8 oz. can of tuna fish with fresh fruit
or
Raw vegetable salad with strips of chicken or turkey, egg, natural cheese, Oil and vinegar dressing (no sugar or salt)

Dinner
1 lb broiled steak with mixed green salad
or
1 lb baked chops with steamed spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower with carrot strip and celery salad
Sprinkle salads with sesame seeds and use a plain yogurt dressing
Jell-O with fruit and cream

At 10 A.M., 2 P.M., 4 P.M., and before retiring have a protein drink. Also eat some protein before you go to bed: eggs, cottage cheese, or a piece of meat.

This is a modified version for myself below.

Breakfast
1 cup of coffee or tea
4-6 eggs (poached or soft boiled, or in an omelette with choice of cheese, bacon, mushrooms, etc.

3/4 cup oatmeal/grits with fruits

or Stack of Pancakes with sugar free syrup.

Lunch
1 glass iced tea or lemonade
Large portion broiled meat (your choice) with steamed green vegetables
or
1  can of tuna fish with fresh fruit
or
Raw vegetable salad with strips of chicken or turkey, egg, natural cheese, Oil and vinegar dressing.

Dinner
Big ass broiled steak with mixed green salad
or
Lots of any meat with  steamed spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower with carrot strip and celery salad
Jell-O with fruit and cream

Between brekfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner have a protein drink with peanut butter on ezekial bread sandwhich. Also eat some protein before you go to bed: cottage cheese or greek yogurt, or protein shake.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2008, 01:33:39 PM »
Disgusted,
i have a few q's for you.

Not knowing too much of your background and what you do i have understand that you
are getting pro's in shape. Pro's that juice and more.
What do you know about natural, normal people and how they can get in shape?
I guess the difference is huge on how you can get in shape(??)

What is the best way for getting in shape for a natural? Diet, supplements, training etc?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
Disgusted,

Not knowing too much of your background and what you do i have understand that you

What is the best way for getting in shape for a natural? Diet, supplements, training etc?

Check some of the progress threads about flexington, he also worked with disgusted.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
Disgusted,

You may find this surprising but  the isn't much of a difference. What I do to get people in shape is mostly diet and common sense. If you have some type of specific question feel free to ask. Actually I am curious as to why you think there is such a huge difference or maybe yor just speculating.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
You may find this surprising but  the isn't much of a difference. What I do to get people in shape is mostly diet and common sense. If you have some type of specific question feel free to ask. Actually I am curious as to why you think there is such a huge difference or maybe yor just speculating.
I think it's a common misconception about getting in shape. Most, myself included, assume that someone who is "juicing" is also probably using some sort of chemical to burn fat.

I think I remember you saying once that you don't think people lose muscle while they diet, is that true?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2008, 09:26:12 PM »
that's completely untrue chaos
bodybuilders use steroids to lose fat
and hormones like
T3 and HGH
just ask lee priest what he uses to lose fat  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
I think it's a common misconception about getting in shape. Most, myself included, assume that someone who is "juicing" is also probably using some sort of chemical to burn fat.

I think I remember you saying once that you don't think people lose muscle while they diet, is that true?

No not usually. It may be interesting for some to know that King did not use any clen, eca, IGF, insulin or diuretics for the show. Don't even mention DNP as I have never even known anyone to use it, have no experience with it and don't want to.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
No not usually. It may be interesting for some to know that King did not use any clen, IGF, insulin or diuretics for the show. Don't even mention DNP as I have never even known anyone to use it, have no experience with it and don't want to.
What do you think about the post above yours? Any truth to that?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: September 18, 2008, 09:36:31 PM »
What do you think about the post above yours? Any truth to that?

T3 is a good fat burner, GH so so and steroids not so good.

AVBG

« Reply #370 on: September 18, 2008, 09:43:20 PM »
Is there going to be any 1 day out pics released by Flexsteele?

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2008, 05:46:48 AM »

Don't forget me on this, you could PM me if you'd rather.  thanks again
i

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2008, 09:18:33 AM »
Is there going to be any 1 day out pics released by Flexsteele?

im going to send jim some tonight.

he might post them, he might not :)

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #373 on: September 20, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »

Hmm.. thats interesting. Maybe i'm influenced by the "all drugs" posts here. I thought that modern bb relied on chemicals to get in shape.

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #374 on: October 26, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »

Hey Jim.  Whats goin on man, long time no talk.  Anyway.....

Would you mind giving us an example of kings diet/cardio/training program when he hit a fat loss wall to get that last little bit off and get him to the completely shreaded level?