Author Topic: Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan Have Taken a Plea Deal ---> 5-30-08  (Read 170590 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8404128&nav=menu102_2

BREAKING NEWS: Bodybuilders Take Plea Deal in Assistant's Murder

Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan, the bodybuilders accused of killing their assistant, have taken a plea deal. 

The two former professional bodybuilders were scheduled go to trial Monday for the murder of their personal assistant.

Titus has agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder, first degree kidnapping and first degree arson with a sentencing recommendation of 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively.

------------------

The celebrity bodybuilder couple accused of murdering their assistant will save the county the trouble of a trial. Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan finalized a plea deal with prosecutors late Friday afternoon, avoiding a trial set to begin Monday.

The district attorney's office says it's a fair deal. It's one both the victim's family and detectives in the case agree with, because it makes Craig Titus admit to murder and his wife to helping destroy evidence.

"I think both defendants recognize that a train was coming down the tracks and either they resolved it today or we were going to go to a jury trail and leave it up to a jury," said prosecutor Robert Daskas.

With the couple both facing possible life sentences for murder, Titus moved to save his wife.

"As we approached trial, Craig Titus became more and more worried about the exposure his wife was going to have to first degree murder," said Titus' attorney Marc Saggese.

Titus agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder in the death of his live-in assistant Melissa James, along with kidnapping and arson.

"He did accept responsibility and that is evidenced by his entering into a guilty plea," said Saggese.

By admitting to the murder, Ryan was cleared of the charge and given a plea deal of battery with a deadly weapon and first degree arson.

"She was faced with more serious charges -- significantly more serious charges. We feel that this is a fair resolution for her," said Ryan's attorney Michael Cristalli.

She now faces no criminal liability in James' death. But with overwhelming evidence, both had to admit to arson.

"We had strong evidence that they purchased lighter fluid that was used to ultimately light the car with Melissa James in the trunk," said Daskas.

The prosecutor says, while there are unanswered questions about James' murder, details are finally coming out.

"We've always believed, and I think the guilty pleas reflects that there was a confrontation between Kelly and Melissa and that Craig intervened, and ultimately it was Craig Titus that killed Melissa James," said Daskas.

Titus has asked to speak at his sentencing so he can apologize to James' mother, who was once a close friend.

"He has never had an opportunity to talk to her or say he was sorry or to discuss how this unfolded," said Saggese.

Titus faces 15 to 55 years in prison. He has already served two and a half years. Kelly Ryan's attorney says he has asked to argue for probation for her charges.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan Have Taken a Plea Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:51:16 PM »
I like his gotee
TEAM Nasser

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:18 PM »
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8404128&nav=menu102_2

BREAKING NEWS: Bodybuilders Take Plea Deal in Assistant's Murder

Craig Titus and Kelly Ryan, the bodybuilders accused of killing their assistant, have taken a plea deal. 

The two former professional bodybuilders were scheduled go to trial Monday for the murder of their personal assistant.

Titus has agreed to plead guilty to second degree murder, first degree kidnapping and first degree arson with a sentencing recommendation of 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively.

The details of Ryan's plea are still unknown.

Once stars in the bodybuilding world, they are accused of using a stun gun, drugging and suffocating 28-year-old Melissa James in December of 2005. James burned body was found in a burned out Jaguar belonging to Ryan.

Titus and Ryan, who are married, were arrested in Boston after a nationwide manhunt.

Titus won a 1996 bodybuilding championship and competed in Mr. Olympia events. Ryan is a past Fitness America and Fitness International winner and Fitness Olympia runner-up.

James was a former model and dancer who moved to Las Vegas in 2003 to work with Titus.

Titus has told police James died of a drug overdose and that he burned her body to avoid negative publicity.

thanks musclephone for answering my prayers...if it's true   :)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »
he didn't always have it..how many spotters does a man need?

Is that really craig?

Guilty bastards.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
lol take away the fake tan and make up and Kelly is FUGLY.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:25 PM »
Are you shitting me??

We wait three years and we aren't even going to get to see a trial?  >:( >:(

Ron!  Craiggers has plead guilty and will be going away pretty much forever.  Can I now have his "Titus" account?  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »
Are you shitting me??

We wait three years are we aren't even going to get to see a trial?  >:( >:(

Ron!  Craiggers has plead guilty and will be going away pretty much forever.  Can I now have his "Titus" account?  :D
i'm going sleep so much better tonight

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 07:28:24 PM »
Are you shitting me??

How long do you think Kelly will get?  Since she'll probably be back before Dave, you think she'll want the "Squadfather" account?  She could be like the star on NBC's My Name Is Earl and have to edit all of his 26,000 sinful, derogatory posts into devinely-inspired compliments with her new lease on life.  Actually that would have been a good plea for her.        

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
How long do you think Kelly will get?          

From the article:

Ryan has agreed to plead guilty to first degree arson, but she only agreed to the charge of battery with a deadly weapon with bodily harm. This means she faces no criminal liability in Melissa James' death. Her attorney said he will argue for probation during her sentencing.

Looks like Craiggers is taking the fall.

I wonder if the details of the real story will ever come out?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 07:37:19 PM »

From the article:

Looks like Craiggers is taking the fall.

I wonder if the details of the real story will ever come out?

they slowly are.....................

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »
they slowly are.....................

I'm hoping they come out in court when the judge accepts Craig's plea.  If not, we may never know.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

From the article:

Wow, they JUST NOW added that part. 

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 07:43:40 PM »
Wow, they JUST NOW added that part. 

Even if she just gets time served, her life is over.  She's too old to compete, and no sponsor would touch her with a ten foot pole.  What's she going to do to support herself?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 07:47:01 PM »

Even if she just gets time served, her life is over.  She's too old to compete, and no sponsor would touch her with a ten foot pole.  What's she going to do to support herself?
she'll be engaged in several attention getting endeavors and live off income from her apartments.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 07:48:15 PM »

I'd say a book deal is probably a very valid option.  Plus her parents still have money.  Actually I bet she could still do alot of stuff.       

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 07:49:41 PM »
she'll be engaged in several attention getting endeavors and live off income from her apartments.

Yeah maybe her and Brenda Kelly could get a reality show?   ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 07:50:26 PM »

It's Vegas baby..........prostituti on is legal, ya? ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »
Yeah maybe her and Brenda Kelly could get a reality show.   ;D
oh...you're onto it...LOL.  get mattcock into it too

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »
Are you shitting me??

I want the "Titus" account!!!   ::)

But lets analyze how much time Titus will REALLY DO;

1) 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, (actual time = 7.5-12.5 years)
2) 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge  (actual time = 2.5-7.5 years)
3) and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively. (actual time= 0 years-----because it runs at the same time as the first two).

Longest possible sentence= 20 years
Shortest possible sentence = 10 years

Minus the time he has already served awaiting trial= 2.5 years

Earliest parole date= 2015
Latest parole date = 2025

Titus was very lucky with that bullshit sentence for second degree murder and arson, in CA. he would have been in for life-no possibility of parole.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
It's Vegas baby..........prostituti on is legal, ya? ;D

Have you seen her recent pictures?  What's she gonna do, $10 blowjobs on the street?

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 07:54:46 PM »
Kelly Ryan will NOT GET PROBATION, that I can guarantee you.

But when she does get out I want to bang her, I have a thing for bad girls  ::)  ::)

Have you seen her recent pictures?  What's she gonna do, $10 blowjobs on the street?

I'll give $50 for a BJ, no rubber though  ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 07:55:31 PM »
I want the "Titus" account!!!   ::)

1) 10 to 25 years for the murder charge, (actual time = 7.5-12.5 years)
2) 5 to 15 years on the kidnapping charge  (actual time = 2.5-7.5 years)
3) and 2 to 15 years on the arson charge. The first two sentences will run consecutively. (actual time= 0 years-----because it runs at the same time as the first two).

Longest possible sentence= 20 years
Shortest possible sentence = 10 years

Minus the time he has already served awaiting trial= 2.5 years

Earliest parole date= 2015
Latest parole date = 2025

Titus was very lucky with that bullshit sentence for second degree murder and arson, in CA. he would have been in for life-no possibility of parole.
prior bad acts will factor into the judges sentence

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »

I'd pay $50 to bed her.  8)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 07:56:58 PM »

Titus is already mid-40's.  I don't think the parole board will let a murderer with a prior record out in less than 15-20 years minimum.  He'll be an old man when he gets out with zero prospects.  He's done.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 07:57:08 PM »
prior bad acts will factor into the judges sentence

The sentence has already been determined-it is "indeterminate" sentencing.

It will fall between the ranges I laid out.