Author Topic: Classic Bodybuilding (for women) coming later this year??  (Read 2888 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Classic Bodybuilding (for women) coming later this year??
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 07:05:11 PM »
They make more from their Nudie Websites than they will ever make as IFBB Pros sort of like some of the guys and Fruit.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
you dont think that what drives women t become huge and muscular is not psychological? i nthink it most definitely is

markus ruhl and other mass monsters wouldnt have tried to get smaller and more aesthetic ... not in 2005 when the new "mandate" came acrosss..

bodybuilders, whether male or female, all have an ideal which they personally are working to achieve..

i dont think bodybuilding is a sport like football or baseball where the players just want the championship

its more than that

the females who are MASSIVE and look like men arent going to change that because they want to earn the 500 dollar prize  ;D

I don't disagree to an extent, but the judging could certainly shape the general direction of competitive FBB.  You will always have freaks, guys and girls, regardless of what happens.  But it's important to be clear and consistent with judging for those who care about being successful competitors and about the integrity of the competition itself.

:)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »
You couldn't have it more wrong...

The results don't lie.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »
The results don't lie.

So Tre, where would the LW fbbs like me end up?  Would we no longer be considered FBB?  Or would we have to come in softer (like a figure competitor) for "classic"?   ???

AVBG

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 07:37:08 PM »
I think it's a great idea. The Aussie IFBB/NPC have brought something similar in recently in mens bb. It seems like a quasi natural division alternative (everyone knows the sham which is drug testing) divisions are calculated via height and weight. At the recent Australasian titles  there were no shortage of willing competitors.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 07:48:18 PM »
So Tre, where would the LW fbbs like me end up?  Would we no longer be considered FBB?  Or would we have to come in softer (like a figure competitor) for "classic"?   ???

You would have options.

The open divisions of women's bodybuilding would still be just that - open to any woman who wanted to do it.

The new division would have weight restrictions according to the height of each competitor, so if you wanted to compete in Classic, you'd have to make sure your weight was under the limit for your height.

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »

Rip don't worry this will never happen, I will make sure.

jt
TEAM Nasser

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07:41 PM »
You would have options.

The open divisions of women's bodybuilding would still be just that - open to any woman who wanted to do it.

The new division would have weight restrictions according to the height of each competitor, so if you wanted to compete in Classic, you'd have to make sure your weight was under the limit for your height.

Strange.  I mean, how much height difference can there really be for a LW FBB and a "classic" LW FBB?  We're talking about 115 or maybe 118 pounds here.  It's hard to imagine that there is really a need to start separating fbbs of this size by height as well.   :-\

Maybe they should just start rewarding the "look" that they want FBB to represent and leave it at that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »
The results don't lie.

What results?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 11:30:27 AM »
What results?

We can start with the 2008 Jr USAs - which was all about softness in figure - and work backwards from there. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
What org. is that and who posted it?

I think it would be the best thing to happen to chicks in a long time, those huge, muscular chicks are disgusting.

Hater....
HAHA, RON.....