Author Topic: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?  (Read 11864 times)

DOGGCRAPP

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Troponin Nutrition & MMA?
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2008, 03:30:56 PM »
If i truly did that and was an ass to you when you asked a question on Intensemuscle, then I am man enough to apoligize to you. I dont know if i was having a bad day or why i was short tempered, but there should be no excuse for it....and if I responded to you like that with a question you asked on IM....then again I apoligize to you

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
....how many pictures and posts by various people and trainees have there been on the net now in the last 8 years? 5000?

I'm curious about something. How many DC trainees would you say are doing it 'correctly'? How many of these are at the advanced level that you have talked about, where you should be before doing this type of routine?

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »
I'm curious about something. How many DC trainers would you say are doing it 'correctly'? How many of these are at the advanced level that you have talked about, where you should be before doing this type of routine?

Anybody who has been trained DIRECTLY by Dante have done it correctly I am sure.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
If i truly did that and was an ass to you when you asked a question on Intensemuscle, then I am man enough to apoligize to you. I dont know if i was having a bad day or why i was short tempered, but there should be no excuse for it....and if I responded to you like that with a question you asked on IM....then again I apoligize to you

fair enough, thanks. :-*
175lbs by 31st July

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2008, 04:29:43 PM »
Anybody who has been trained DIRECTLY by Dante have done it correctly I am sure.

I'm talking about all the people doing it on the net, the 5000 people. I doubt Dante trained 5000.

Even then, training someone through email might be tricky, you don't see the workouts most of the time. Things like rep tempo, form, exertion level, etc, are hard things to change in advanced trainees from what I've seen. It has a lot to do with temperament even. Imagine trying to train Paul Dillet DC style.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
van, this is a good question, and one i have asked myself.

i believe that there is a universal law for building muscle, and totally reject any notion that one must be at a certain level before you can apply dc for full effectiveness. if it works it should work on all regardless of level of training i.e.old, young, new, male,female.

175lbs by 31st July

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
van, this is a good question, and one i have asked myself.

i believe that there is a universal law for building muscle, and totally reject any notion that one must be at a certain level before you can apply dc for full effectiveness. if it works it should work on all regardless of level of training i.e.old, young, new, male,female.

Well I do believe it takes time to learn to exert yourself to the max. Some never seem to learn... would you agree that you've seen people who claim to train very hard but don't really? How you train does influence how much volume you can/should do and if you can really benefit from a certain system.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2008, 04:55:58 PM »
Well I do believe it takes time to learn to exert yourself to the max. Some never seem to learn... would you agree that you've seen people who claim to train very hard but don't really? How you train does influence how much volume you can/should do and if you can really benefit from a certain system.

I'd say the majority of lifters haven't learned to reach that threshold...

Dorian has, and even though Ronnie trained hard and was much stronger, I don't think Ronnie ever did either
just not good enough

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

i agree, perhaps thats also what dante meant, i.e. that a trainee must be at the right level mentally and physically training/nutrition wise, i.e. know himself rather than just have been training for an abstract no. of years, and thinks he knows himself.

it took several burn outs/injuries/and layoffs before i now 'know myself' and even now i'm still learning everyday  8)
175lbs by 31st July

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »
I wish i could Candid...if i had to do it all over again---I would of never gotten into protein sales....there is no margin....its too heavy to ship and you just dont make money on it. Want to get rich in the supplement industry? Make a 100 capsule product, sell it for 29.95-39.95 like all these companies do....because it costs about $3.50 to make that product (if that)......I use to actually lose money selling protein to certain parts of canada because i pay all duty/border charges but I just took it because I couldnt charge Eastern Canada more money....than the rest of Canada.

For you Candid...because i feel bad and im an equal opportunity business owner and I was going to put extra stuff in Alex's box anyway, I feel i owe you.....Ill do this because of that fighting thread with Alex....IM fair all the way around.....Ill send you 5 pounds of protein for free, any kind of protein you want, any flavor you want...and ill throw in a shaker cup for you.....(just for you only)....just email me at Dante@trueprotein.com and let me know what you want and where to send it and Ill take care of it on monday. Because ill do it for Alex ill do it for you because I want to be fair.

To your original question if you use "Dogg" in the discount code box you get 5% off your order, and if you order over 15lbs you get another 5% off your order...so that is 10% off 

Lol, you're not lying about the protein!  A tough market, and one which has gotten a lot tougher in the last year or so...

Chris
w

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »

I don't think Ronnie ever did either

ooohhhh i strongly disagree :-\
175lbs by 31st July

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2008, 05:11:23 PM »
ooohhhh i strongly disagree :-\

really? 

Based on his videos, he never really went to failure AND THEN beyond with forced reps or anything. 

When he did his max set of squats in the squat suit he only did two and then commented that it was lighter than he thought it was going to be...

when he did the 200's on flat DB, he did 12, when he could've easily pushed out 3-5 more!!  Most of his lifts in his videos he stops with enough gas to do at least a few more.

Yeah, he was strong as hell, and trained HARD AS HELL...but you can't compare him to others, just saying he never pushed the envelope in terms of failure.
just not good enough

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2008, 05:12:02 PM »
They have their diets down huh? Do you know what the drink of choice for MMA fighters is, due to not knowing any better? MuscleMilk, they take that postworkout, when they want to cut to make weight....on and on...

Do your really think Troponin Nutrition and Shelby are going to have these guys depleted during training sessions? You saw one phrase "carb cycling" and think that Shelby and Justin arent educated enough to make the right choices per training sessions?

Depends on their background. If they came from a wrestling background and wrestled throughout high school and was a D-1 wrestler in college you can be sure they know diet and nutrition. By the time they get out of college they have spent years making weight and can dial in the number within ounces. Dropping weight while keeping strength is second nature to a seasoned wrestler.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2008, 05:15:29 PM »
Depends on their background. If they came from a wrestling background and wrestled throughout high school and was a D-1 wrestler in college you can be sure they know diet and nutrition. By the time they get out of college they have spent years making weight and can dial in the number within ounces. Dropping weight while keeping strength is second nature to a seasoned wrestler.

I've ALWAYS felt that any athlete in any sport who did not follow their nutrition or capitalize on their diet was cutting their progress short and I questioned their seriousness as a DEDICATED ATHLETE
just not good enough

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2008, 05:17:20 PM »

really? 

Based on his videos, he never really went to failure AND THEN beyond with forced reps or anything. 

When he did his max set of squats in the squat suit he only did two and then commented that it was lighter than he thought it was going to be...

when he did the 200's on flat DB, he did 12, when he could've easily pushed out 3-5 more!!  Most of his lifts in his videos he stops with enough gas to do at least a few more.

Yeah, he was strong as hell, and trained HARD AS HELL...but you can't compare him to others, just saying he never pushed the envelope in terms of failure.

wheres the logic in pushing past failure when you fail at 2 reps in the deadlift?

thats why dorian tore muscles. ::)

also who's to say dropsets and other beyond failure sets do anything more to stimulate a muscle than straight to failure, or stopping a few short? studies show benefits of leavig a rep in the tank.
175lbs by 31st July

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
I'm talking about all the people doing it on the net, the 5000 people. I doubt Dante trained 5000.

Even then, training someone through email might be tricky, you don't see the workouts most of the time. Things like rep tempo, form, exertion level, etc, are hard things to change in advanced trainees from what I've seen. It has a lot to do with temperament even. Imagine trying to train Paul Dillet DC style.

True.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
wheres the logic in pushing past failure when you fail at 2 reps in the deadlift?

thats why dorian tore muscles. ::)

also who's to say dropsets and other beyond failure sets do anything more to stimulate a muscle than straight to failure, or stopping a few short? studies show benefits of leavig a rep in the tank.

No worries...and I agree about Dorian's injuries. 

I wasn't addressing the effectiveness of said training style, I was merely addressing van's post about "exerting yourself to the max", which would have consequences such as torn muscles. 
just not good enough

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »

I wasn't addressing the effectiveness of said training style, I was merely addressing van's post about "exerting yourself to the max", which would have consequences such as torn muscles. 

i dont think dorian ever displayed the kind of exersion ronnie displayed deadlifting 800lbs, but on every other movement i know what you mean, he did push past failure, etc
175lbs by 31st July

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2008, 07:25:57 PM »

Had Dorian trained like Ronnie he wouldn't ever have gotten to the pro level. He would have broken down way before that.  :D

Ronnie = monster injury resistance

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: Troponin Nutrition
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:21 PM »
Also, we will teach you how to make your weight through water depletion so you will have no energy or cardio for your fight.  ::)

Youre an idiot.  How else is weight manipulated pre fight?  KILL YOURSELF.

Jason

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:58 PM »
He's trying to keep his weight and strength up, not lose it. I think Lesner knows a little more about nutrition than you. Again, these fighters train much differently than bodybuilders.

And just how do you think a middle weight fighter weighs in right at weight but can be 15 pounds heavier the next day???Are you suggesting that this doesn't happen?

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2008, 06:41:35 AM »
All are CSCS and much more.

CSCS is almost a nothing certification.  It is hard to get, yes, but some of the worst trainers I HAVE EVER SEEN have a CSCS after their name.  The fact it requires a bachelors degree is part of the difficulty in attaining it.  My apologies to anyone  with a CSCS who isnt a complete idiot.

Jason

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2008, 06:46:56 AM »
hahahahahahahahahahahaha how convenient  ::)

translation = I've milked everyone on intensemuscle dry, now i need new customers to bleed. I'll offer you some for free to hook you then.......... BOOM your mine.

Dante, seriously nice touch. your kindness knows no bounds, if only you were so kind to me when as a youngling i asked the great Dante one small question, only to be attacked by yourself and 20 or so Dante disciples. I've never recovered as you can see  :'(

I remember you now.

Jason

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
Re: Troponin Nutrition
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2008, 07:42:25 AM »
Youre an idiot.  How else is weight manipulated pre fight?  KILL YOURSELF.

Jason

You know nothing about MMA. 

STFU

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2008, 07:44:12 AM »
CSCS is almost a nothing certification.  It is hard to get, yes, but some of the worst trainers I HAVE EVER SEEN have a CSCS after their name.  The fact it requires a bachelors degree is part of the difficulty in attaining it.  My apologies to anyone  with a CSCS who isnt a complete idiot.

Jason

There's a big difference between someone who can read and study a book compared to actually being able to put that knowledge to use properly.
just not good enough