Author Topic: Unemployment rate jumps to 5.5 percent in May  (Read 5712 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Unemployment rate jumps to 5.5 percent in May
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2008, 08:23:58 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2008, 08:45:27 PM »
I do better than watch the news.  I talk to people on the ground. 

Man, you sound like a fat douchebag.  You really do.  I can see your GED-owning, obese, 38-year old ass bragging to your other non-serving friend "I talked to people on the ground, man.  I'm in the trenches, man.  I know what they're feeling, bro.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2008, 08:50:35 PM »
Man, you sound like a fat douchebag.  You really do.  I can see your GED-owning, obese, 38-year old ass bragging to your other non-serving friend "I talked to people on the ground, man.  I'm in the trenches, man.  I know what they're feeling, bro.

lol.  I guess that's better than looking like a 160 pound sissy.  ;D  If I was as skinny as you I'd keep my pictures to myself.  lol.

So which killer will you be impersonating next?   

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
Who cares about these people?

Hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, families affected, businesses crashing in those areas, parents worried to death about how they will care for their children, the tanked economy getting more strained as lost income tax revenue, more people applying for welfare etc.

It's the important matters that count - invading nations. That is all that matters. Off to Iran!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2008, 05:05:07 AM »
I do better than watch the news.  I talk to people on the ground.  I was in Atlanta recently and talked to some people there about the foreclosure crisis.  People in the industry said it's the worse they have ever seen.  I’ve talked to people in various parts of the country and they say the same thing.  That part of the economy/country (those going through foreclosure) is bad. 

WOW, yet you think things are better now than 8-10 years ago. 

How about you prove the millions of people who bought a house in the last 2-4 years aren't upside down.    In the mean time prove there hasn't been a decrease in home prices and that every news station is full of sh1t, including real-estate experts, economists, etc...

So your friend bought house, sold it, and made $210,000 on the sale and you’re citing that as a bad thing?  Okaaay.  Sounds like the $700k property value was inflated to begin with.  We've seen the same thing happen here.  Inflated property values all over the place.  I could care less about them, because I'm not selling anytime soon.  That is true for millions of homeowners.

Yes, it's a bad thing.  The house was worth that in 1996.  When things were better.  And it wasn't an inflated value, if knew anything about california real-estate, which is surprising for you living in Hawaii where in 2000 1400 square foot houses where selling for 400k in Wikilili.

Are you kidding?  Businesses shut down for a variety of reasons.  You obviously don't know the details of the closures I referenced.  Aloha Airlines was driven out of business largely because of the entry of Mesa and Pacific Wings airlines.  They came in and dropped inter-island fares to $18.  That's down from a high over $100.  One way.  Aloha and Hawaiian immediately dropped their fares.  Aloha couldn't keep up and filed bankruptcy, before the gas prices skyrocketed.  They came out of bankruptcy and couldn't survive. 

I'm not sure why Comp USA couldn't make it.  Molokai Ranch shutting down had nothing to do with the recent gas prices. 

Walgreens is not a food store.  They're as much a goods store as Comp USA.  There was no demand for Walgreens.  They simply saw an opportunity and are coming in to compete.  Great for consumers.  I like the moxie of opening right next to Longs too.  Point being there are new businesses opening and closing all the time.  (But you only want to talk about those that shut down to prove a point.)   

You brought those up i didn't.  I simply made a point that said big screen TV's sales are down and sharper image filed for BK and looks to be shutting down.  The reasons sited to the management was poor sales.

Walgreens is like an ABC store anyway, same difference as a food store.