Author Topic: Big Brown(horse) was legally on winstrol until days before Kentucky Derby  (Read 2467 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
America (and only America) allows legitimate steroid use in horses.  Only EQ (and you have to meet certain requirements for this and provide proof and then it is never more than a predetermined amount of time) and Winstrol (use it anytime, as long as you want) are allowed.

No other country allows this practice of doping the horses.  The trade off is that EQ while allowing more endurance due to the increase in red blood cells is only allowed a certain amount of time.  Winstrol  has no limits as it is common knowledge overuse leads to joint pain.  Which is why trainers are pumping high volumes of pain killers into the animals as well.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Interesting.  I didn't know the sport was so fucked up. 

Dutrow sounds like absolute scum, and the owner Iavarone is the kind of guy the movie Boiler Room was based on. I feel bad for the horse, but I'm glad he didn't win.  Iavarone is a grade A huckster.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
I interned under a stable in college for class credit.  (friend owned the stable and basically set up me to get quick credits with little effort)

I learned quite a lot about the industry then.  Quite a bunch of shady shit goes on.  You have to ask yourself that why on earth would someone race a horse so young when their bones have not stopped growing yet.  You can't think of a logical reason for that.  Until you realize that they had no choice as they were basically "told" they had to do it.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
The bones not grown part would explain what happened to the Derby winner last year and the runner-up this year.  Wow, this sport's more fucked up than bb.  Although I guess the human body count is lower.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
The bones not grown part would explain what happened to the Derby winner last year and the runner-up this year.  Wow, this sport's more fucked up than bb.  Although I guess the human body count is lower.

Only because they don't kill the human immediately when a career changing injury occurs.  Or else Yates would have been put down before his last two Mr O appearances.

In truthfullness, European horse racing is better overall, but only by a sly margin.  They do outlaw anabolics and painkillers.  Unfortunately they don't really have much of a sensational hype like we have every couple years with Big Brown and others.  It would be like going to see Jordan play basketball and he doesn't dunk a single time in the whole game.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Next to professional boxing, horse racing is the number 2 most fixed & dirty sport anywhere. Every horse is on a trunk full of drugs. Jockeys are paid to finish 2nd or 5th or whatever... Con men and crooks permeate the sport from top-to-bottom.

The horses are very cool.
a

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

The horses are very cool.

I've heard that some of them are in league with organized crime though.