Author Topic: did bruce lee have the best pound for pound lat spread in all of martial arts?  (Read 31930 times)

JohnnyVegas

Actually Yip Man was too old to teach by the time Bruce arrived so his senior student took up the task of doing the training. Yip-Man is still credited as being his teacher though.

Yeah - I read that he was sent back to the US to avoid having go to jail. Luckily Mr Lee had a lot of influence in HK and was able to convince the cops that he would discipline his son.

Mod should move this thread to MMA board

Ypi Man is in a pic with Bruce, and he looks like he could teach to me....but I was not there.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
James Coburn said in an interview that Lee’s father was an opium eater. Apparently lots of men of that time were.
Donkey is much more educated in eastern culture than I am, so perhaps he can verify this.
I don’t believe opium or cannabis use was as socially deviant/taboo in that part of the world at that time.
Lee’s dad has been described as a very strict military man – never a junkie.

totally on spot. cannabis leaves were chewed as a sort of relaxant, you can in no way compare this to smoking cannabis as the amounts were different.

As for the Opium, well the Brits did a lot for its popularity in that part of the world. It's quite a nasty story, whoever wants input on this, here's an introduction:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Ypi Man is in a pic with Bruce, and he looks like he could teach to me....but I was not there.

I read a short article by one Bruce's close friends who had also trained in the same school.  Unicorn (I can't remember his real name)
mentioned that fact when the interviewer brought up YipMan's age. I presume the theory portion was handled by Yipman and the physical training was probably conducted by his senior student.

Unicorn was always in Bruce's movies. He was the head waiter in Way the Dragon. Bruce tried to help make him a star but the directors weren't that impressed by him.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
A family memeber wrote it in a book-why didn't you say so. Then IT MUST BE TRUE!

The guy was a 132# with 13 inch arms, and you think he was juicing??? Please!

BTW, which "family member" was it??? And what book??? Since only 1 person would have that knowledge, his wife Linda.

Hahah...More "expert witness" testimony! And it must be TRUE because you were a Bruce lee nut!

Dude, your arguments are so full of flaws. Because he weighed 132 pounds and had 13" arms he didn't take roids???? Ever hear of Ben Johnson, the runner? Forgot how MASSIVE he was.  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
Dude, your arguments are so full of flaws. Because he weighed 132 pounds and had 13" arms he didn't take roids???? Ever hear of Ben Johnson, the runner? Forgot how MASSIVE he was.  ::)

Aren't you the guy with the "Danimal" tattoo??

No one will ever take you seriously again.  ;D ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
if bruce lee was so smart how come he's so dead
Z

DK II

• Getbig V

Bluto, you better get into the Zone again.

Jesus also died young. Are you saying Jesus was dumb?  ::) ::)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Bluto, you better get into the Zone again.

Jesus also died young. Are you saying Jesus was dumb?  ::) ::)
Hahaha. Hilarious!

Joke aside, With affection and love toward Jesus,some phylosophers and people iluminated say he was a dumb.

DK II

• Getbig V
Hahaha. Hilarious!

Joke aside, With affection and love toward Jesus,some phylosophers and people iluminated say he was a dumb.

This thread is about Bruce Lee, not Jesus.

Bruce Lee would kick Jesus' ass, that's for sure.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
This thread is about Bruce Lee, not Jesus.

Bruce Lee would kick Jesus' ass, that's for sure.

Haha. Agreed. But Jesus will knock him out with his miracle!

Joke aside Damn how monster sized Bruce is copied.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

You're a retard and still alive..... a mystery that baffles getbiggers all over the world.  ;)

Wasnt kenshiro modelled on Bruce? +  including the ear splitting shriek.

DK II

• Getbig V
Haha. Agreed. But Jesus will knock him out with his miracle!

Joke aside Damn how kenshirou is copied with monster sized Bruce.

お前はも・・・死んでいる。 ;D ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
You're a retard and still alive..... a mystery that baffles getbiggers all over the world.  ;)

You are right. I fixed my composition.  ;D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
お前はも・・・死んでいる。 ;D ;D

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
You are right. I fixed my composition.  ;D

I was addressing bluto not you dude

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Addressing the thread. Yes, best lat spread for a Martial Artist. Way better than Van Damm's
\

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?

99% of your life consists of bruce lee and comic book worshipping you sure you're not the retarded one?  :D

could've fooled me
Z

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
99% of your life consists of bruce lee and comic book worshipping you sure you're not the retarded one?  :D

could've fooled me

Damn - touched a nerve there didnt I?  ;D

Stop being such a crybaby - You've been laughed at by everyone on getbig.
Harden the fuck up and stop making retarded posts

:D

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Sad to see Linda and Shannon milking their husband and Dad's name to make money, and the way the Lee Estate has totally divested themelves from Guro Dan Inosanto, who took JKD where it should have gone and DIDN'T COMMERCIALIZE IT LIKE BRUCE WANTED. 

So the family has nothing to do with Inosanto?

I know he was not portrayed in that biographical Bruce Lee movie they made with Jason Scott Lee around 93, and I often wondered about that.

Really, the only time you hear from or about Dan is in the documentaries they do about Bruce.

Is he still teaching?

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
So the family has nothing to do with Inosanto?

I know he was not portrayed in that biographical Bruce Lee movie they made with Jason Scott Lee around 93, and I often wondered about that.

Really, the only time you hear from or about Dan is in the documentaries they do about Bruce.

Is he still teaching?

Yes he is. He put out a JKD/Escrima instructional DVD awhile back.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
 ;) That seems a bit like commercialization to me, but what the hell...
These people have to make a living, too.

I believe I have the Arnis book Dan wrote years ago. It’s probably stashed away with my Balisong manuals (by Jeff Imada – Brandon’s buddy) and the plethora of Fumio Demura’s Okinawan weapon books I accumulated over the years.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
;) That seems a bit like commercialization to me, but what the hell...
These people have to make a living, too.

I believe I have the Arnis book Dan wrote years ago. It’s probably stashed away with my Balisong manuals (by Jeff Imada – Brandon’s buddy) and the plethora of Fumio Demura’s Okinawan weapon books I accumulated over the years.

In retrospect i don't think he called it JKD per se but it does have some JKD techniques. Mostly Fillipino Escrima/Dumog. Still pretty damn fast for his age.
I remember the balisong knife craze - had a few knives myself + a few scars to go along with 'em  ;D

DK II

• Getbig V
In retrospect i don't think he called it JKD per se but it does have some JKD techniques. Mostly Fillipino Escrima/Dumog. Still pretty damn fast for his age.
I remember the balisong knife craze - had a few knives myself + a few scars to go along with 'em  ;D

there is no such thing as JKD techniques.

JKD = fighting. Everything is JKD and JKD is nothing. It's what he said himself, if you start calling this and that JKD, stop using the name, as it is just a name.

Form is emptiness and emptiness is form. 色即是空、空即是色

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ

JKD = fighting. Everything is JKD and JKD is nothing. It's what he said himself, if you start calling this and that JKD, stop using the name, as it is just a name.

Dont speak about 般若心経 or TAO. The thread will be end.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Okay wise guy- you got me.

Lets just say that I had to refer to it as something. JKD seemed convenient for that purpose even if it goes against what bruce said.  Can't exactly say Dan teaches everything and nothing to someone without elaborating further.
 :)