Author Topic: did bruce lee have the best pound for pound lat spread in all of martial arts?  (Read 31914 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Dont speak about 般若心経 or TAO. The thread will be end.

lol

Okay wise guy- you got me.

Lets just say that I had to refer to it as something. JKD seemed convenient for that purpose even if it goes against what bruce said.  Can't exactly say Dan teaches everything and nothing to someone without elaborating further.
 :)

I cannot follow you, sorry.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
lol

I cannot follow you, sorry.

Easier to give a name as an umbrella for the techniques. It helps identify one style from another- even hybrid arts that use many different styles combined. Eg - Pat Miletich uses a hybrid of several styles and calls it MFS

Even though Bruce said "Everything is JKD and JKD is nothing" he still called it JKD to distinguish it from...say TKD. It's just a name.
When someone wants to know what you teach merely saying everything and nothing would just prompt further questions or confusion.
I think his intention was to keep it simple and not have people get caught up in the "name" game and compare styles.

Some people get too caught up in the Kung Fu Vs Karate type debates. Bruce didnt want to commercialize his style so when prompted to explain what JKD is he followed up with "if you start calling this and that JKD, stop using the name, as it is just a name".

DK II

• Getbig V
Easier to give a name as an umbrella for the techniques. It helps identify one style from another- even hybrid arts that use many different styles combined. Eg - Pat Miletich uses a hybrid of several styles and calls it MFS

Even though Bruce said "Everything is JKD and JKD is nothing" he still called it JKD to distinguish it from...say TKD. It's just a name.
When someone wants to know what you teach merely saying everything and nothing would just prompt further questions or confusion.
I think his intention was to keep it simple and not have people get caught up in the "name" game and compare styles.

Some people get too caught up in the Kung Fu Vs Karate type debates. Bruce didnt want to commercialize his style so when prompted to explain what JKD is he followed up with "if you start calling this and that JKD, stop using the name, as it is just a name".

i see we agree on this.  ;D

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
who cares anyway, in our modern societies,if you' re a wealthy and smart citizen,  kung fu or whatever crap martial art is useless; what a waste of time to "learn" anything related to it.

I guess it's ok if you see it only as a healthy physical activity that helps you master your feelings and keep you focused and dedicaced, but fighting for the sake of fighting is a non sens nowadays.

It's like candidizzle who wants to become mr olympia because in his foolish immature and insecure mind he thinks it will help him have a better life and get more positive attention from people who despise him in his everyday life. He absolutely missed the point of it because he's just too fucking dumb. Like the wanabee cage fighters.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
the man was legendary

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?

Damn - touched a nerve there didnt I?  ;D

Stop being such a crybaby - You've been laughed at by everyone on getbig.
Harden the fuck up and stop making retarded posts

:D

arnt you the crybaby that cant take criticism of your child/adult hood hero bruce without melting? dont project that shit on me dude, i couldnt care less about bruce lee, chuck norris or your super hero comics
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
arnt you the crybaby that cant take criticism of your child/adult hood hero bruce without melting? dont project that shit on me dude, i couldnt care less about bruce lee, chuck norris or your super hero comics

If you are a super hero yourself, you don't need comic books!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
If you are a super hero yourself, you don't need comic books!

cartoons is where it's at

or in your case, video games
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
cartoons is where it's at

or in your case, video games

Yes, i am guilty.

I am sorry i am not as cool and brave as you are.  ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Yes, i am guilty.

I am sorry i am not as cool and brave as you are.  ;D

you're a kidnapper and it took that guy mario to put you in your place

Z

DK II

• Getbig V
you're a kidnapper and it took that guy mario to put you in your place

I didn't do anything to Princess Peach!  ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
I didn't do anything to Princess Peach!  ;D

it wasnt her you kidnapped it was pauline
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
it wasnt her you kidnapped it was pauline

WTF? You're a true connaisseur of video games my friend!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
WTF? You're a true connaisseur of video games my friend!

actually i just looked that up  ;D

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
who is this chump Dreadlord ? and how dare he enter my thread and be disrespectful

thats like walking into metroflex gym and starting shit with ronnie coleman  >:(
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
actually i just looked that up  ;D

lol, did i miss on the spelling? i was too lazy to look if the spelling was ok.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
lol, did i miss on the spelling? i was too lazy to look if the spelling was ok.

apparantely theyre two different bitches. peach doesnt come into the picture until super mario or something like that
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
apparantely theyre two different bitches. peach doesnt come into the picture until super mario or something like that

Shit, i never knew that!!

That means either Mario was left by that bitch or he offed her.

JohnnyVegas

Dude, your arguments are so full of flaws. Because he weighed 132 pounds and had 13" arms he didn't take roids???? Ever hear of Ben Johnson, the runner? Forgot how MASSIVE he was.  ::)

Ben Johnson looked like a fucking BBer dipshit. You have to be the biggest retard posting here.

HTH "Danimal"....  ;D

JohnnyVegas

So the family has nothing to do with Inosanto?

I know he was not portrayed in that biographical Bruce Lee movie they made with Jason Scott Lee around 93, and I often wondered about that.

Really, the only time you hear from or about Dan is in the documentaries they do about Bruce.

Is he still teaching?

Yes, Inosanto has a school in Marina Del Rey, by the closed down World Gym.

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
i thought they call that a rat spread.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
What's with all the PM's Bluto? You sound like a date raped sophomore.

Settle down Chuckleberry and get yourself a nice big tall glass of "Shut the hell up". ;D

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Actually Yip Man was too old to teach by the time Bruce arrived so his senior student took up the task of doing the training. Yip-Man is still credited as being his teacher though.

Yeah - I read that he was sent back to the US to avoid having go to jail. Luckily Mr Lee had a lot of influence in HK and was able to convince the cops that he would discipline his son.

Mod should move this thread to MMA board

Bruce's main teacher was Wong Sheung Leong, the wing chun clan's top fighter.  Years later William Chueng claimed to have been his main teacher.  I met master Wong before his death at the HK athletic club.  Bruce wasn't being being discriminated because he was born in America, but because he was 1/4 German. 

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Bruce's main teacher was Wong Sheung Leong, the wing chun clan's top fighter.  Years later William Chueng claimed to have been his main teacher.  I met master Wong before his death at the HK athletic club.  Bruce wasn't being being discriminated because he was born in America, but because he was 1/4 German

Really? I knew about the German blood but I wasnt aware that that was the reason for discrimination.

Wong was Yip mans senior student right?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
discuss his latspread not all that other gayshit
Z