Author Topic: Omega 3's and fat loss experience  (Read 5349 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Omega 3's and fat loss experience
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
thanks usmoke

although i had try'd to implement a little bit of smart ass into that last post  ;D

i  guess its a good thing that sarcasm doesnt translate that well over the internet

wasnt specifically refeerring to that post, just the last one i saw.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
 okay guys another update

first one... i have got to say that goind more drastic on a carb up day certainly spikes metabolism wayyyyy through the roof... i would suggest for the guys who are already lean to have a super high carb day at least once a week

but for the omega 3 fat loss...    i had been doing 5 grams of fat coming from flax seed every night with my meal i eat just before going to sleep. i figured what the hell, im going to go with 15 grams fat just like every other meal. so i started doing this, and now every morning when i wake up i feel an extreme hunger and my abdominals feel really tight like someone has a suction on the indise of them pulling them into my gut...     very awesome !!! i feel like this sensation can only be an indication of super good fat burning at night as a result of the omega 3 added in

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »
okay guys another update

first one... i have got to say that goind more drastic on a carb up day certainly spikes metabolism wayyyyy through the roof... i would suggest for the guys who are already lean to have a super high carb day at least once a week

but for the omega 3 fat loss...    i had been doing 5 grams of fat coming from flax seed every night with my meal i eat just before going to sleep. i figured what the hell, im going to go with 15 grams fat just like every other meal. so i started doing this, and now every morning when i wake up i feel an extreme hunger and my abdominals feel really tight like someone has a suction on the indise of them pulling them into my gut...     very awesome !!! i feel like this sensation can only be an indication of super good fat burning at night as a result of the omega 3 added in

or constipation.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 01:18:59 PM »
or constipation.

LOL, that is good...  :-X

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 01:19:35 PM »
 hahaha  :D

usmoke ive been supplementing with fish oils while doing cardio... works pretty good i think ! .. i take three caps when i stat walking on the treadmill, 3 caps about 20 minutes in, and 3 caps at 40 mins... drinking water the whole time..

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »
hahaha  :D

usmoke ive been supplementing with fish oils while doing cardio... works pretty good i think ! .. i take three caps when i stat walking on the treadmill, 3 caps about 20 minutes in, and 3 caps at 40 mins... drinking water the whole time..

what's up dizzle, you still popping the fish oil like candy?

Anything new?
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 01:53:34 PM »
what's up dizzle, you still popping the fish oil like candy?

Anything new?
mianly flax seed !

fish oil is more expensive (for quality fish oil that is), so i save fish oil for before/during cardio.   ill normaly take 3 caps 20 mins prior to morning cardio with some 500mg egcg, 50mg atd, and 5 g whey isolate. then when i go walking i take 3 caps fish oil and a water bottle with me and take them about half way through.

i do that same protocol for later in the day cardio as well, except i dont do the whey, since i already got meat in my gut digesting.

fat loss is coming along nicely !

although i notice i have to carb up more often now, after only two days i feel my metabollism slowing and my muscles getting flat..so im eating about 200 g carbs every two days now.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
mianly flax seed !

fish oil is more expensive (for quality fish oil that is), so i save fish oil for before/during cardio.   ill normaly take 3 caps 20 mins prior to morning cardio with some 500mg egcg, 50mg atd, and 5 g whey isolate. then when i go walking i take 3 caps fish oil and a water bottle with me and take them about half way through.

i do that same protocol for later in the day cardio as well, except i dont do the whey, since i already got meat in my gut digesting.

although i notice i have to carb up more often now, after only two days i feel my metabollism slowing and my muscles getting flat..so im eating about 200 g carbs every two days now.

How many carbs are you taking in on your "non carb up days?"

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 06:09:28 PM »
mianly flax seed !

fish oil is more expensive (for quality fish oil that is), so i save fish oil for before/during cardio.   ill normaly take 3 caps 20 mins prior to morning cardio with some 500mg egcg, 50mg atd, and 5 g whey isolate. then when i go walking i take 3 caps fish oil and a water bottle with me and take them about half way through.

can you enlighten me?  What is considered quality fish oil
Air Falcon

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »

There are alot of shitty fish oil supplements out there thats for sure, how they are manufactured, the mercury content, also the oils are delicate and can become rancid if they are stored at higher temps.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 07:58:45 PM »
How many carbs are you taking in on your "non carb up days?"
a big serving of green veggies(broccoli, spinach, lettuce, celery ) at every meal but the last one. i have no idea wat the carb count is though.

well i dont trust most fish oils...    they are very sensitive to heat and light and go rancid VERY quickly.  if i can i go to the vitamin shop and get them from the cold case.  the ones at wal mart or target arent that great of an option, but it i do go there i get the ones in the special caps and make sure they are in sturdy dark bottles too.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
I use Beverly's EFA Gold, never had an issue with them going rancid. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2008, 07:42:15 PM »
There are alot of shitty fish oil supplements out there thats for sure, how they are manufactured, the mercury content, also the oils are delicate and can become rancid if they are stored at higher temps.

can you or candiz tell me if the ones from GNC are good?

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »
Hey Candidizzle,
Did you notice any changes in your skin, hair?

O

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2008, 06:12:42 PM »
Hey Candidizzle,
Did you notice any changes in your skin, hair?

no

BUT
ive always taken a good amount of omega-3 in my diet ... always taken a fair amount of at least fish oill...   so i think the reason it didnt give me those kind of benefits is because i was already "reaping those rewards"

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 06:21:47 AM »
no

BUT
ive always taken a good amount of omega-3 in my diet ... always taken a fair amount of at least fish oill...   so i think the reason it didnt give me those kind of benefits is because i was already "reaping those rewards"
Thanks. Should have been more specific about the skin.
When I consume a lot of nuts (no dirty thoughts guys!), I get a couple small pimples on my face (two or three).
I have good skin and never break out. Only see the problem with a lot of nuts (i.e. pecans)

I was just wondering if consuming the quantity you do, would cause the same effect.

Thanks
O

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »
no

BUT

So should i grind the flax seeds?  I've never been very keen on fish oil I've been doing a little for a while but i never wanted to use a lot of it for whatever reason.  I don't have to worry about the possible hydrogen cyanide poisoning do I because these are roasted? well i'm going to try grinding them anyways i wonder if i should just try to spoon them or should i throw it in my shake....we'll see :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »
So should i grind the flax seeds?  I've never been very keen on fish oil I've been doing a little for a while but i never wanted to use a lot of it for whatever reason.  I don't have to worry about the possible hydrogen cyanide poisoning do I because these are roasted? well i'm going to try grinding them anyways i wonder if i should just try to spoon them or should i throw it in my shake....we'll see :)
im not 100% sure but iver heard that your body cant utilize the flax seed unless you grind them before ingesting them.

copacetic

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 09:38:17 PM »
yea so i ended up grinding them in my protein blender machine its basically the bullet or whatever it sucks its only good for making protein shakes everything else sucks but i used the little flat blade and the small cup and put it in there and sure enough it ground the crap out of the flax seeds and tasted a lot like peanut butter i mixed my protein shake added the flax and milk and then inserted into blender oh holy shit its shooting a bit of milk out now and won't come out of the blender (stupid bullet) well i guess the ground flax is sort of heavy and caused everything to expand more than usual in the blender so watch out for that leave a little extra room in there for it if you have one of these crappy bullet mixers but all in all i eventually got it off and got to drink my shake and it was quite tasty...... i weighed the 15g with my scale its actually quite a lot of seeds.....oh yea but what about the toxicity part? you should look into it because i'm planning on having them probably twice a day 15g a time but you were talking about eating like 90grams of seed in a day or something right? I don't think its a problem since they are roasted or whatever.....I mean i guess you are alive you can be like the canary :)