Author Topic: Omega 3's and fat loss experience  (Read 5444 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Omega 3's and fat loss experience
« on: June 08, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »
Ok guys. i am privy to the fat loss effects oof EFA;S especially omega 3, to a lesser extent some of the omega 6.

well i have bee dieting on a zero stach (only carbs are lots of green veggies at every meal), high protein, moderate fat diet.  carbing up every 3-4 days.     nothing special, right?

well the one big difference between this diet and other diets i have seen and heard of and done in the past is that instead o using nuts and oils and things of that nature for fat intake (like palumbo diet ),, i have been using exclusively flax seed, fish oil, and to a lesser extent evening primrose oil. using very lean meats so very little saturated fat.

i started the diet doing about 15 gramss of omega 3 at every meal. fat loss was awesome ! i have dropped an amazing amount of fat and have been putting on muscle at the same time. those omega-3's kick ass !

well, this last week i wanted to see if i could get leaner faster by consuming less calories by consuming less omega-3's..    well i didnt realy notice any differences by doing so... and the last 5 days or so i actually havent lost too much fat....

so the last two days i upped my fat intake back up to 15 grams per meal and al the sudden BOOM fat loss kicks in over drive and my body is a furnace and i feel the process occuring again !

so,,, this is just a testament to a calorie not always being a calories and also that omega-3 are ideal for fat loss.

Kviahellan

• Getbig II
  • Monsterceps
Re: Omega 3's and fat loss experience
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 02:22:38 PM »
Seems you've stumbled upon a miracle! :D
#

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 04:34:33 PM »
What foods contain high amounts of omega 3?
Is it a little expensive using these oils?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »
What foods contain high amounts of omega 3?
Is it a little expensive using these oils?
flax is very cheap
fish oil isnt too bad

wild fish are high in omega 3

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 07:30:01 PM »
Ok....

So usually one Fish Oil Tab is 1g correct? And you were taking 15 grams per meal?

So your approximately taking over 100g per day?=100 pills
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »
Ok....

So usually one Fish Oil Tab is 1g correct? And you were taking 15 grams per meal?

well no i use more flax seed than fish oil, but on some days i have done up to 4 meals all fish oil.. so the most fish oil in one day was 60 g = 60 pills

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »
 OH

i forgot to addd
youll definitely start to get very dry feeling eyes if you do this diet... the way to cure it is to get more omega-6...   and the best omegaa-6 for fat burning and health and muscle building is going to be one high in gla like EVENING PRIMROSE OIL...

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:02:22 AM »
Ok....

Don't supplement healthy fats with pills dude - it's way too expensive and a pain in the ass to take so many pills.  1 teaspoon equals 4-5 pills.  1 Tablespoon equals 14-15 pills.  So I'm assuming that Candi was taking a Tablespoon of Flax Oil with each meal, not popping 15 pills.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:12:24 AM »
Don't supplement healthy fats with pills dude - it's way too expensive and a pain in the ass to take so many pills.  1 teaspoon equals 4-5 pills.  1 Tablespoon equals 14-15 pills.  So I'm assuming that Candi was taking a Tablespoon of Flax Oil with each meal, not popping 15 pills.
i use tablespoons of flex seed, not flaax oil.. flax seed is so cheap ! i can get 10 lbs of ground flax for about 15 dollars at a certain grocery store in a neighboring town. but as for the fish oil meals, yeah i will take up to 15 capsules of fish oil.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »

I assumed that, I was just a bit curious as it sounds like an interesting theory...just a tad outlandish
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 08:19:01 AM »
I assumed that, I was just a bit curious as it sounds like an interesting theory...just a tad outlandish
try it pete !  what have you got to lose ??   i promise this is going to be the best fat loss diet youve ever tried

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 08:48:12 AM »
the extreme ketogenic diet?  Do you reach ketosis sooner due to the extreme amounts of EFA's?  Why did you feel the need to carb up every 3-4 days instead of the standard 7 days? 
Air Falcon

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:11:57 AM »
no i eat to many carbs coming from veggies to get into "ketosis"... i dont feel that the gaol a fat loss diet should be geting into ketosis, but rather; ketosis is an "off and on" by product of a fat loss diet woring prroperly...

heres why

"ketosis", is in referance to a state where a majority of your brain is using ketones instead of glucose for fuel.   

why is this beneficial ? well because if you arent eating carbohydrates, and your brain is running off of glucose, then your body needs to convert enough amino acids into glucose to make sure the brain is working. so; ketosis is amino acid sparing to the degree that you do not need gluconeogensis to provide energy to the brain.

BUT
the portion of the brain that runs of ketones normally only uses about 20 g glucose per day. so, if you consume 20g glucose every day, then you have the same protien sparing effects as ketosis.

BUT
the extra veggies and fiber are going to make you burn much more fat than the ketosis diet without the veggies.

the whole body runs off of fats for fuel regardless of whether in ketosis or not as long as yoru not eating any starches.

SO.. point being.. i dont care baout being in ketsosis, what i care about is losing as much fat as possible

as for carbing up every 3 days... i dont like to lift weights with minimal glycogen...i fell that is a recipe for muscle loss... so more often carb ups allow for better workouts and much less chance for catabolism and much mroe chance for anabolism.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 03:33:15 PM »
i use tablespoons of flex seed, not flaax oil.. flax seed is so cheap ! i can get 10 lbs of ground flax for about 15 dollars at a certain grocery store in a neighboring town. but as for the fish oil meals, yeah i will take up to 15 capsules of fish oil.

If you get the flax seed and grind it yourself in small quantities using a coffee grinder and storing in the fridge, it has less chance of oxidizing (going rancid) on you.  Li

Liquid fish oil would be much more economical.
:

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 03:43:25 PM »
If you get the flax seed and grind it yourself in small quantities using a coffee grinder and storing in the fridge, it has less chance of oxidizing (going rancid) on you.  Li

Liquid fish oil would be much more economical.

i dont grind it myself but i do put the ground flax into the fridgerator...   do you know if im at a risk for them going rancid ?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:00:12 PM »
on a side note i am going to play around with my protein intake a little... i have been eating 12-16 ounces per meal... which is alot to eat per meal when dieting.. and i have been losign alot of fat eating that much... but i think its probably slowing the fat loss at the benefit of gaining a little bit of muscle at the same time.....   my idea was that with all the omega 3's, with my intense lifting, and with how anabolic my body is right now that i could benefit from eating that much and i would put on some muscle while taking off the fat... BUT, ive thoguht about it and i would much rather peel the fat off as quick as possible and THEN try to edge my way back up to maybe 240-245 before i take a break...  so im going to try about 8 ounces per meal along with 10 grams omega 3 and a big huge heaping portion of green veggy (either spinach or borccoli)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 05:13:16 PM »
Hey bro, on your carb up days what do you usually eat for carbs and what do you usually eat for breakfast? I tried Palumbo's diet and I liked it, however breakfast was the only meal where I felt I needed carbs, maybe it's just something my body has become acustomed to...I love oatmeal/grits/ezikiel bread it just compliments the eggs..I just can't eat eggs alone..Anyway good luck with the diet.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 05:38:13 PM »
Hey bro, on your carb up days what do you usually eat for carbs and what do you usually eat for breakfast? I tried Palumbo's diet and I liked it, however breakfast was the only meal where I felt I needed carbs, maybe it's just something my body has become acustomed to...I love oatmeal/grits/ezikiel bread it just compliments the eggs..I just can't eat eggs alone..Anyway good luck with the diet.
brekfast is always the same as my other meals...   usually a protion of meat (before it was anywhere from 12 ounces to 16 ounes; but now its going to be 8 ounces) with about 10-15 grams of fat coming from either flax seed or fish oil..and a big serving of some greens.

on my carbs up day normally i have been buying a isopure drink from gnc, and downing that right before i carbs up; that way all that insulin can really boost some anabolism and i can make use of that carb up !  for my carbs i eat rice crispies with non fat milk, some cinnamon and some splenda mixed in. with the isopure protien drink ill take in about 1 gram ala(the insulin mimiking grap seed extract) and 2 caps fish oil.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »
i dont grind it myself but i do put the ground flax into the fridgerator...   do you know if im at a risk for them going rancid ?

If it's not exposed to heat or light, it should be good for a couple of months.  Smell would be a good indicator.
:

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 08:10:55 PM »
Thanx Candizzle and the rest of you, this is one of the best/most informative threads ive read ina while. im gonna try it next week and buy my stuff this weekend. how do you take the grinded flax? just dry? im gonna get the omega 3,6 in liquid form.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 09:45:33 PM »
Thanx Candizzle and the rest of you, this is one of the best/most informative threads ive read ina while. im gonna try it next week and buy my stuff this weekend. how do you take the grinded flax? just dry? im gonna get the omega 3,6 in liquid form.
the flax seed is pretty much tasteless. so what i normally do is cut my meat up into little squares, pour on the flax seed, then use some kind of non caloric seasoning and, most of the time, a non caloric sodium based hot sucae... this makes it taste good, the hot suace actually boosts thermogenesis a little bit, and the liquid hot sauce moistens the flax and makes it stick to the meat

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 02:09:09 PM »
Don't confuse weight loss for fat loss. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 02:18:33 PM »
Don't confuse weight loss for fat loss. 
do you have some kind of insight as to why you might think that this diet would result in muscle catabolism instead of adipose reduction?

id love to hear what you have got to say

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
do you have some kind of insight as to why you might think that this diet would result in muscle catabolism instead of adipose reduction?

id love to hear what you have got to say

your posts have gotten alot better over the last couple months, your attitude is also getting better.

i would suggest you also drop notions you once thought right when disproved as knowledge is continually evolving(nothing specific in this thread, just a general observation).

you are probably the most active poster in this forum so your recent maturity is a good thing.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 03:25:58 PM »
your posts have gotten alot better over the last couple months, your attitude is also getting better.

i would suggest you also drop notions you once thought right when disproved as knowledge is continually evolving(nothing specific in this thread, just a general observation).

you are probably the most active poster in this forum so your recent maturity is a good thing.

thanks usmoke

although i had try'd to implement a little bit of smart ass into that last post  ;D

i  guess its a good thing that sarcasm doesnt translate that well over the internet