Author Topic: Damn Fist of the north star(Hokuto no ken) is the best muscle cartoon!  (Read 7691 times)

Lurker79

• Getbig III

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
I have this game for ps2. Entirely in Japanese so I had to have a friend translate stuff for me. She was a better at the game than me anyway.

Lifesize model of ken for sale in Akihabara

Beener

• Getbig IV
Grow up, children.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Grow up, children.

if we were grown up, we would not be posting on getbig in the first place.  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
if we were grown up, we would not be posting on getbig in the first place.  ;D

Ya gotta admit, he's gotcha there.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Damn nice delts that i am longing for.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Until lately I didn't realize Fist of the North Star was a "cartoon". A friend of mine (Gary Daniels) was the star in the 1995 live action movie of the same name and he did a great job in that role.

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Until lately I didn't realize Fist of the North Star was a "cartoon". A friend of mine (Gary Daniels) was the star in the 1995 live action movie of the same name and he did a great job in that role.

No he didnt.

The film was dreadful.

Not a single redeeming feature.

A travesty

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
No he didnt.

The film was dreadful.

Not a single redeeming feature.

A travesty
Agreed. Sorry for him, but the movie was horrible.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda

You know Gary?
Q

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Sorry, but I liked it.

I guess I liked it because impossible stuff was not done in that movie - like flying long distances in the air (Gary only flies "short" distances), and shooting one-thousand arrows a second (Gary only does half that). And getting missed by 5,000 bullets fired from an automatic rifle 20 feet away in 20 seconds (at least Gary gets some scratches while he's running directly at that automatic rifle).

And also, unlike the majority of similar "kung fu" movies I've seen in Asia, his lips moved in sync with what he was saying. That's how Gary actually talks.

But no matter who he is up on that silver screen - he still speaks like an Englishman.

Blimey!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Sorry, but I liked it.

I guess I liked it because impossible stuff was not done in that movie - like flying long distances in the air (Gary only flies "short" distances), and shooting one-thousand arrows a second (Gary only does half that). And getting missed by 5,000 bullets fired from an automatic rifle 20 feet away in 20 seconds (at least Gary gets some scratches while he's running directly at that automatic rifle).

And also, unlike the majority of similar "kung fu" movies I've seen in Asia, his lips moved in sync with what he was saying. That's how Gary actually talks.

But no matter who he is up on that silver screen - he still speaks like an Englishman.

Blimey!!!

May the reason for that be that it is an american movie, as opposed to chinese movies, where the people speal chinese and they are then dubbed after that?
If it is so annoying to you that lips are not in sync with words, learn chinese. That has to be the dumbest thing i ever heard.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Sorry, but I liked it.

Blimey!!!

You seem to contradict yourself. Basically he does all the impossible stuff but only half as much as the others so that makes it more believable?

Speaks like an englishman? What does that have to do with anything?

As far as british martial artists go  - Scott Adkins does some pretty amazing stuff minus wires.

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
May the reason for that be that it is an american movie, as opposed to chinese movies, where the people speal chinese and they are then dubbed after that?
If it is so annoying to you that lips are not in sync with words, learn chinese. That has to be the dumbest thing i ever heard.

;D:D

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Hahahahaha. Exactly. ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
japs have low testo