Author Topic: finally HRT! ? about cycle  (Read 3913 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: finally HRT! ? about cycle
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 05:36:13 PM »
It's pretty well known that progestines in general increase prolactin. 

Yeah well I looked at this a while back and couldn't find any data showing this, IIRC Deca might actually lower prolactin. Androgens lower prolactin while estrogens increase it and we know Deca only aromatizes minimally. This is what Nandi/Karl Hoffman said and he was nearly always right.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »
Yeah well I looked at this a while back and couldn't find any data showing this, IIRC Deca might actually lower prolactin. Androgens lower prolactin while estrogens increase it and we know Deca only aromatizes minimally. This is what Nandi/Karl Hoffman said and he was nearly always right.

Did a quick search and here's what he says:

I don't have a definitive answer to your question about progestins and prolactin, neurotic. In rat studies progestins almost universally lower prolactin. This makes sense because estrogen elevates prolactin, progestins shut down the HPTA, and this results in lowered estrogens and hence lowered prolactin.

When estrogen is given to postmenopausal women, prolactin rises; no surprise. When a progestin is added, prolactin falls (1). This all makes sense. But what about in men?

One case study showed a large increase in prolactin (2). Another study in cancer patients showed no effect (3). Yet another cancer study showed an increase in prolactin despite a drop in estrogen (4).

(1) Maturitas. 1994 Dec;20(2-3):145-50.

Antagonism of oestrogen-induced prolactin release by medroxyprogesterone acetate.

Castelo-Branco C, Palacios S, Martinez de Osaba MJ, Balasch J, Fortuny A, Vanrell J.

(2) Arch Sex Behav. 1990 Aug;19(4):361-72.

Medroxyprogesterone acetate, nocturnal penile tumescence, laboratory arousal, and sexual acting out in a male with schizophrenia.

Cooper AJ, Losztyn S, Russell NC, Cernovsky Z.

(3) Br J Urol. 1990 Mar;65(3):278-81.

Effect of high-dose medroxyprogesterone acetate on plasma hormone levels and pain relief in patients with advanced prostatic cancer.

Sasagawa I, Satomi S.

(4) Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1988;22(1):15-8.

Hormonal effects of high dose medroxyprogesterone acetate treatment in males with renal or prostatic adenocarcinoma.

Tomic R, Ljungberg B, Damber JE.

He isn't sure if Deca does increase prolactin or not but hasn't seen any evidence it does.

How did we go all of a sudden from the data regarding progestins and prolactin in men from being inconclusive to "I remember that you said deca didn't raise prolactin, as a progestin it should, shouldn't it?"

I've just never seen any evidence that deca does increase prolactin.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2008, 05:46:09 PM »

This leaves a big question as to what actually is causing the increased prolactin levels.  I'm almost tempted to shoot 800mgs of deca and go get a blood test =)

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »
Not on only 200/wk imo.  .5mg e3d will probably do the job.  Depends how prone you are to aromatization I guess.

I don't know about caber.  Do some research.

so just 0.5 arimidex EOD would be good enough?  (deca 300 and test 200 x 10 weeks).
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 03:38:19 PM »
so just 0.5 arimidex EOD would be good enough?  (deca 300 and test 200 x 10 weeks).
it depends worm...   i need more frequent and higher dose ai because i guess i am more rpone to aromitization.. youll just have to see for yourself dude ... one thing that might be an indicator is what your natural estrogen levels are like... gh15 said in a post once about a guy more prone to gyno would have little body hair smooth skin and be more feminine...    does this sound like you ?

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
no, pretty hairy!  lol
you are gay.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 03:54:45 PM »

It would be enough for me at any rate.

I also wonder about tapering down AI use.  Once the AI knocks out the enzymes running around in you, it seems like only a lower maintenance dose would be needed.  Just speculating.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
tape, u use any other PCT?
you are gay.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 05:48:48 PM »
Running HCG throughout @ 250iu eod with Adex .25mg e4d (lowered from what I started with) on 250mgTE e4d bookended with some var.  Pretty mild by most users standards.  Will run clomid 50mg/day for a month or as needed afterwards. 

I'm debating about the merits of coming off gradually vs suddenly.  Been meaning to start a thread about it.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
doing a 10 week cycle, should i start clomid after?  or like during week 8 or so?

(ps. start that thread tapeworm)
you are gay.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
doing a 10 week cycle, should i start clomid after?  or like during week 8 or so?

(ps. start that thread tapeworm)

No, you start it in PCT which is why it's called Post Cycle... 2 weeks after your last test inject.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 06:47:58 PM »
I'm debating about the merits of coming off gradually vs suddenly.  Been meaning to start a thread about it.

Tapering off is the old school way of thinking and doesn't really bear any merit IMO.  Trab used to swear by this, but it's not something anyone does anymore really since there's no reason to.  You could try it and see how you like it, but personally I don't see the need to taper down unless maybe (big maybe) if you've been on for years.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 06:53:58 PM »
Tapering off is the old school way of thinking and doesn't really bear any merit IMO.  Trab used to swear by this, but it's not something anyone does anymore really since there's no reason to.  You could try it and see how you like it, but personally I don't see the need to taper down unless maybe (big maybe) if you've been on for years.
just theorizing here ... i see no point in tapering off the  injectables.. BUT, running an oral OR  fast acting steroid during the period while your letting those heavy esters drain from your system does make sense to me... that way you can continue gaining, or at least maintaining, all the way up untill you start up your pct drugs.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 06:58:28 PM »
just theorizing here ... i see no point in tapering off the  injectables.. BUT, running an oral OR  fast acting steroid during the period while your letting those heavy esters drain from your system does make sense to me... that way you can continue gaining, or at least maintaining, all the way up untill you start up your pct drugs.

True but if you are running a long ester your test levels are still going to be pretty high going into PCT.

4thAD

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 10:04:57 PM »

Good theorizing there Candy! I will sometimes front load with prop and end the cycle with prop going into PCT. Ive always had good luck doing this.

4thAD

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2008, 10:08:27 PM »
Running HCG throughout @ 250iu eod with Adex .25mg e4d (lowered from what I started with) on 250mgTE e4d bookended with some var.  Pretty mild by most users standards.  Will run clomid 50mg/day for a month or as needed afterwards. 

Emmortal is correct no need to taper doses, keep your blood levels stable and run the same dose all the way through. Clomid only needs to be run for three weeks and you should be golden. You might also want to run some Aromasin with the pct for six weeks. It will crank up your natural test and keep you from going into estrogen rebound.

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »
ok, i will let you know how it goes....

i am going for arimidex 0.5 mg daily then for 3 weeks after
3 weeks after start clomid...

i will keep you all posted...
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 07:50:24 PM »
Good theorizing there Candy! I will sometimes front load with prop and end the cycle with prop going into PCT. Ive always had good luck doing this.
cool !

yeah since im running nadro deca now i picked up some nandro phenyl prop to run while that heavy esters leaves the system...  :)    along with some winstrol tabs and dbol and arimidex... i think it will work nicely

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 07:54:47 PM »
damn candi,,,how much you spending on your gear???   sounds like you are on everything.

i am excited about using human grade shit, much better than BD on anything alin has...
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
damn candi,,,how much you spending on your gear???   sounds like you are on everything.

i am excited about using human grade shit, much better than BD on anything alin has...
  the winny and arimidex are OOOLLLLLDDDDD i didnt even think i was gonna get them... now i am gettin them though

other than that i already got the dbol, and test is cheap and the nadralone aint too bad

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 08:19:35 PM »
still, you must be spending 500-700 per cycle?
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
whats a "cycle" ?  ;D

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2008, 08:47:24 PM »
funny.  thats a lot of money man.
you are gay.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2008, 08:49:26 PM »
 500-700 for 20 weeks full of gear is a good deal dude ! i would jump on a cycle that only costed 500 ... considering an anabolic an androgen along with an oral and some kind of ai throughout