Author Topic: An answer to Stella's Question; what would it take for me to convert to Christ-  (Read 7340 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

not really, especially since there are some pretty big boys in my gym, and of different ethnicities.  big is big, no matter what color it comes it.  lol   ;)

So you do look down on people with poor genetics?
I hate the State.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Ro, I agree w/the influence of the parents.  Thanks for sharing the stories of the missionary father and his children.  Good stuff :)
That sermon really had an impact on me and my wife.  We've been making changes to decrease the subtle but very negative things that we do and say that influence the kids. 

Amen.  Thanks for this Ro I prayed w/you.  You are a wonderful pray-er and person(crying-eye happy smiley) :)
God gets the glory!  ;D

lol I'm sure he doesn't ;D
Nope!   ;)

Good post, Colossus_500!  You are a good man, and a good bodybuilder too!    ;D
Thank, Loco.  I really appreciate the compliment.   ;D

You must look down on all the puny white people at the gym huh?
That's just wrong, Deicide.  lol

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
That sermon really had an impact on me and my wife.  We've been making changes to decrease the subtle but very negative things that we do and say that influence the kids. 

Whether you are large or small, I liked this.  :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I hope you and Stella don't mind me jumping in on the conversation, Deicide.  But, I have to disagree with your statement of your views on marriage not being influenced by your parents.  Almost everything that we become as adults, whether we are exactly like them or are a total 180 from them, is both directly and indirectly tied to the influence of our parents.

This reminds me of the sermon that our pastor gave last Sunday for Father's day.  He talked about how great the influence of a father is.  He gave a wonderful illustration of this point by telling the congregation about one of the missionaries that we support and how he has influenced his children .  This man has only one arm, so naturally the tasks that you and I take for granted are just as easy for him, but just a little more complicated.  The pastor told of how the missionary goes about brushing his teeth:he puts the handle of the toothbrush in his mouth, picks up the toothpaste and squirts it on the brush, puts the toothpaste back down, takes the handle out of his mouth and then brushes.  If you were to watch his children brush their teeth, all four of them follow the same process as their father...even though they have two arms intact and could easily use two hands.  The other account my pastor gave was when he visited the missionary in Africa.  They were all at a  church service and the congregation was at worship, clapping and signing.  My pastor said he looked over at the missionary and say that he was slapping his one arm on his knee in order to "clap" with the congregation.  Then, my past noticed that all 4 of the missionary's children were sitting in the same row with their father.  Guess how they were "clapping"?  Yep, though they had two good hands to clap, they too were slapping one hand on their knee just like their father.  All 4 of them.   :)   I thought that was so neat.  So it's extremely tough to say that what we believe and how we do things is not directly or indirectly tied to the influence of our parents.

Though you've sited plenty of legitimate questions that you'd like answers to before you would come to know Christ, I think the common denominator for all of your doubts is the absence of a personal relationship.  My guess is if you were willing to allow God to influence you like the missionary's children did with him, then you probably wouldn't have the doubts of Christ deity.   

I know it will probably bug you (and others like C-dude), but I just wanted to pray for you, bro. 

Father, I thank you so much for the likes of Deicide and Columbusdude82.  I'm grateful for the passion that they display on this web thread.  Though I admit that I'm often irritated at the way they treat you, there's another part of me that feels for them because they don't know you the way others like Stella, Beach, Loco, and McWay, and I do.  God, I know that the very fact that they come here to argue your existence is some sort of effort to know you, whether it be positive or not.  That alone, Lord, makes me smile because I know that you are chipping away at their hardened spirits.  Only you know all that they have seen, heard, and experienced in their lifetime, so only you know what it will take to bring them to a closer relationship.  Lord, please use those of us who know you as tools of witness to your existence.  But more than your existence, Father, use us to present your graciousness and passion to know all of your children even the ones that store up the most hatred for you.  I ask that you would soften their hearts, Lord, and embrace them as you have done so many times for me and the others who know you.  Help Deicide to see the very wonders of biology in your creation, Lord.  Help him to understand that your philosophy is simply to love and cherish him as your own.  And help him to discern that he is, indeed, free to think as he wants, and that, though he may choose not to love you, you will love him all the same.  As much as you love me.  God, you are so AWESOME!!! Thank you for my fellow followers like STella, who are totally on fire for bringing others to you in the most gracious way possible.  I'm so amazed at how you use us, Lord.  I thank you for the persistence and knowledge that Loco and McWay bring to this ever-going conversation.  Thank you for Beach's discerning heart, Lord.  More than anything, Father, I thank you for being Lord over my life and refusing to let go even when I tried to hide from you.  I love you with all of my heart and soul, God.  And it is with total brokenness that I come to lay all these things at your feet, Lord, and ask all these things in the name of your blessed Son, Christ Jesus.....Amen

God bless you, Deicide.   ;)

That's awesome Colossus.  You are a good man.