Author Topic: 94 yates vs ray  (Read 12234 times)

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
94 yates vs ray
« on: June 18, 2008, 11:43:23 AM »
shawn got blown away!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: 94 yates vs ray
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
Ray - all the way.
Dorian is megaimpressive, but looks like a stone.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:53:42 AM »
shawn got blown away!

Only in terms of height.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
Either one could have won …

Both are my idols so it is hard to say … but if bodybuilding was judged fairly … definitely Shawn Ray

However Dorian got the leverage of being the reigning Mr. O which is a part of judging unofficially … also others officials influence on judging that night … but that is over and both were great champions … and it could have gone either way

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
  Shawn was too small to defeat Dorian. The end. I'm all for elaborate and detailed explanations for why things turn out the way they do, but in this case it is not rocket science.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:38:48 PM »
  Shawn was too small to defeat Dorian. The end. I'm all for elaborate and detailed explanations for why things turn out the way they do, but in this case it is not rocket science.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Highly agreed. Above all,BBing is about muscle. Size comes at first.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Highly agreed. Above all,BBing is about muscle. Size comes at first.

Yeah, you don't need a PhD in physics or math to understand that, when two bodybuilders are ripped by one carries 50 lbs of muscle more than the other, than the one with more muscle wins. Anyone of average intelligence should be able to understand this simple concept.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:59:13 PM »

When did they decide that having AN UPSET at the Olympia would drive down ticket sales or lower interest in the "sport"  ::)
just not good enough

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »
shawn was robbed, plain and simple.  Doughian had a bloated stomach and only 1 arm, therefore he automatically should have lost.  Doughian may have outweighed shawn by 50lb, but atleast 25 of those pounds were in his gut.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:09:50 PM »
shawn was robbed, plain and simple.  Doughian had a bloated stomach and only 1 arm, therefore he automatically should have lost.  Doughian may have outweighed shawn by 50lb, but atleast 25 of those pounds were in his gut.

Quit your crying, you racist. Shawn wasn't even visible when standing next to Dorian, like he didn't even exist. That's why Nasser easily replaced him as the second best BBer in the world the following couple of years.
Team Yates

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

Shawn was GIFTED second place he was actually trailing Leverone after the pre-judging for THIRD place he only ' beat ' Kevin in the posing rounds to place second and when announced third the crowd booed Shawn was lucky

Shawn 1994 205 pounds , Dorian 262 pounds thats 57 pounds of muscle he's down in case you didn't know muscular bulk is part of the criteria and a very big part of it too , among other things , Dorian didn't have ' 1 arm ' he had one bicep shorter than the other stop being melodramatic

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »
both got levrOWNED

E
E

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 05:16:24 PM »

naaaaa sweetheart...

as far as the judging criteria is concerned .... dorian wins on muscularity / balance symmetry proportian....... and he is taller and heavier.. and drier......... who wins?

injuries or not!..... the biceps are a small muscle group consisting of two heads.......

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »
both got levrOWNED

E

hahhahahah not uaccording to bodybuilding judging criteria....

ur preference comin out again

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 05:27:57 PM »

hahhahahah not uaccording to bodybuilding judging criteria....

ur preference comin out again

yeah the judging criteria that allowed bodybuilding to go down the shitter

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 05:30:50 PM »
both got levrOWNED

E

Kevin was holding water in the prejudging he was lucky to beat Shawn and he was never close to Yates in any contest I know that hurts you to hear but facts are facts.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:58 PM »
in a way i agree....... however dorian takin the sport to a "new" level........

made ronnie take things to new level........if dorian didnt push everyone....... then ronnie wouldnt have achieved his best shape/condition.....maybe 2001 arnold....and size in general....

ronnie was not ideal most of the time,,,,, but he was outstanding...

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »
Kevin was holding water in the prejudging he was lucky to beat Shawn and he was never close to Yates in any contest I know that hurts you to hear but facts are facts.

here's a fact

you would rather look like Mr. Levrone and you know his look would've been better for bodybuilding

E
E

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
here's a fact

you would rather look like Mr. Levrone and you know his look would've been better for bodybuilding

E

correct........

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
Shawn was GIFTED second place he was actually trailing Leverone after the pre-judging for THIRD place he only ' beat ' Kevin in the posing rounds to place second and when announced third the crowd booed Shawn was lucky

Shawn 1994 205 pounds , Dorian 262 pounds thats 57 pounds of muscle he's down in case you didn't know muscular bulk is part of the criteria and a very big part of it too , among other things , Dorian didn't have ' 1 arm ' he had one bicep shorter than the other stop being melodramatic

Again, Yates was bloated, smooth and had a shitty tan. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 05:38:18 PM »
here's a fact

E

His look is pleasing but Bob Paris' look would have been better for bodybuilding , Lee Labrada's look would have been better for bodybuilding , that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it

in 1993 I was dumbfounded that Dorian beat Flex Wheeler I couldn't figure out why for the life of me and then you learn that what you think does or should win contests don't mean anything .

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
m

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:15 PM »
here's a fact

E

Dorian changed bodybuilding, others changed forever trying to attain Dorian's size and conditoning. They are all beachballs now. Dorian was the last of the Granite bodybuilders.
\

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
m

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:47 PM »
Again, Yates was bloated, smooth and had a shitty tan. 

His stomach was bloated admittedly , smooth my ass he was dry & hard as nails and his tan was off