Author Topic: 94 yates vs ray  (Read 12233 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: 94 yates vs ray
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »
 ;)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
DOZ was crushing everyone in this shot.
\

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 05:44:04 PM »
His look is pleasing but Bob Paris' look would have been better for bodybuilding , Lee Labrada's look would have been better for bodybuilding , that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it

in 1993 I was dumbfounded that Dorian beat Flex Wheeler I couldn't figure out why for the life of me and then you learn that what you think does or should win contests don't mean anything .

indeed..... dorian won for obvious reasons.....

could bodybuilding have become more marketable if bob paris or/and labrada or ray/ levrone achieved multiple sandows?.... probably.....

dorian won according to bodybuilding judging criteria.......

please tell me u agree or disagree....then we can start a new argument........

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »
His look is pleasing but Bob Paris' look would have been better for bodybuilding , Lee Labrada's look would have been better for bodybuilding , that has absolutely NOTHING to do with it

in 1993 I was dumbfounded that Dorian beat Flex Wheeler I couldn't figure out why for the life of me and then you learn that what you think does or should win contests don't mean anything .

bob paris was incomplete compared to Mr. Levrone, Mr. Olympia still has to have size and Mr. Levrone had the best combo of size, shape, and aesthetics

and labrada was like 5'2 not marketable at all, you have to be at least average height

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
indeed..... dorian won for obvious reasons.....

could bodybuilding have become more marketable if bob paris or/and labrada or ray/ levrone achieved multiple sandows?.... probably.....

dorian won according to bodybuilding judging criteria.......

please tell me u agree or disagree....then we can start a new argument........

Oh I agree Yates won simply because he meet the criteria better than his contemporaries , some may have had advantages in PARTS of the criteria but none had all the advantages he had in ALL of the judging criteria which is

Muscular Bulk
Muscle Density
Muscle Dryness
Muscle Balance
Muscle Proportion
Posing & Presentation

That is Yates

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »
Dorian changed bodybuilding

yeah he changed it for the worse and he should never be praised, he should be known as the man that killed competitive bodybuilding

Mr. Levrone's arms are twice his size :o :o

E

E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 05:51:58 PM »
bob paris was incomplete compared to Mr. Levrone, Mr. Olympia still has to have size and Mr. Levrone had the best combo of size, shape, and aesthetics

and labrada was like 5'2 not marketable at all, you have to be at least average height

E

incomplete? lmfao no he was not he was competing at 226 pounds which back in the 1980s was one of the bugger guys , in my opinion Paris has better shape & aesthetics , I would much rather look like Paris than Levrone

and Labrada was 5'6" and he was a marketing dream come true , he was handsome , articulate , educated , family man with a classic physique which could appeal to many people because he was ' attainable '

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 05:54:39 PM »
incomplete? lmfao no he was not he was competing at 226 pounds which back in the 1980s was one of the bugger guys , in my opinion Paris has better shape & aesthetics , I would much rather look like Paris than Levrone

and Labrada was 5'6" and he was a marketing dream come true , he was handsome , articulate , educated , family man with a classic physique which could appeal to many people because he was ' attainable '

he was 226 at 6'0 and not as complete as Mr. Levrone

hey I wouldn't have complained if bob won the O

5'6 is still below average height

E
E

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 05:55:47 PM »
yeah he changed it for the worse and he should never be praised, he should be known as the man that killed competitive bodybuilding

E

All Kevin was was arms/shoulders legs with a mediocre midsection.  He could never come in dry. In the judges eyes he never showed improvement.  Post a pic of Kevin's christmas tree, oh wait there aren't any...
\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »

E

Wow his arms are bigger lol spoken like a true fan-boy how do those massive arms pair up with his torso? oh they don't , Kevin was all arms & delts , back in the 90s he had a great set of quads but his calves lagged behind , as did his back and his conditioning was always hit or miss , whenever he tried to compete with Yates size wise his conditioning sucked whenever he dropped some pounds and came in sharp he looked small next to Yates , thats the main problem with a LOT of people they couldn't add enough size while maintaining that dense dry conditioning , Yates could

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 05:55:56 PM »
Oh I agree Yates won simply because he meet the criteria better than his contemporaries , some may have had advantages in PARTS of the criteria but none had all the advantages he had in ALL of the judging criteria which is

Muscular Bulk
Muscle Density
Muscle Dryness
Muscle Balance
Muscle Proportion
Posing & Presentation

That is Yates

lmfao.............i luv it....

i couldnt agree more with that statement......

i realise dorian won because of the numbers because he was the best...... because nobody had more than him overall...............

he had less flaws than any human onstage

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »
Shawn was GIFTED second place he was actually trailing Leverone after the pre-judging for THIRD place he only ' beat ' Kevin in the posing rounds to place second and when announced third the crowd booed Shawn was lucky

Shawn 1994 205 pounds , Dorian 262 pounds thats 57 pounds of muscle he's down in case you didn't know muscular bulk is part of the criteria and a very big part of it too , among other things , Dorian didn't have ' 1 arm ' he had one bicep shorter than the other stop being melodramatic

"One bicep shorter than the other"

I suppose Fedorov has "one Pectoral attached differently"

You are hilarious, really

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
he was 226 at 6'0 and not as complete as Mr. Levrone

hey I wouldn't have complained if bob won the O

5'6 is still below average height

E

not as complete my ass ! much better looking classical physique too

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:30 PM »
All Kevin was was arms/shoulders legs with a mediocre midsection.  He could never come in dry. In the judges eyes he never showed improvement.  Post a pic of Kevin's christmas tree, oh wait there aren't any...

and dorian was all calves and back

merry christmas 8)

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 06:00:16 PM »
"One bicep shorter than the other"

I suppose Fedorov has "one Pectoral attached differently"

You are hilarious, really

Biceps ( especially Yates ) are a much smaller muscle than a pec ( Which ironically Kevin had torn but that was ok ) this is 1993 and 1994 there is NOT much of a difference the biceps and in reality it would effect the front double biceps shot and thats it

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »
Wow his arms are bigger lol spoken like a true fan-boy how do those massive arms pair up with his torso? oh they don't , Kevin was all arms & delts , back in the 90s he had a great set of quads but his calves lagged behind , as did his back and his conditioning was always hit or miss , whenever he tried to compete with Yates size wise his conditioning sucked whenever he dropped some pounds and came in sharp he looked small next to Yates , thats the main problem with a LOT of people they couldn't add enough size while maintaining that dense dry conditioning , Yates could

yet somehow you think Mr. Levrone's look would've been better for the sport ::)

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:42 PM »
not as complete my ass ! much better looking classical physique too

fine

like I said i wouldn't have complained if bob ever became Mr. O

good looking face and body, unlike the unmarketable from head to toe yates ::)

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:50 PM »
and dorian was all calves and back

merry christmas 8)

E

Unlike Kevin Dorian was massive everywhere , Kevin was all delts & biceps/triceps his back was missing in 1992-1994 by 1995 his width improved however his thickness lagged behind Yates especially in the lats , Kev was awesome but he couldn't beat Yates

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
Biceps ( especially Yates ) are a much smaller muscle than a pec ( Which ironically Kevin had torn but that was ok ) this is 1993 and 1994 there is NOT much of a difference the biceps and in reality it would effect the front double biceps shot and thats it

show a pic where Mr. Levrone's torn pec is more of a distraction than dorian's missing bicep

E
E

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 06:04:15 PM »
ur joking right?
\

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2008, 06:04:31 PM »

Yes that's why after he tore his Bicep, Dorian would hold his front double bi pose for 1/1000th of a second and then hide it for the rest of the show.

Because there wasn't much of a difference :D ;D ::) :o :( :P

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2008, 06:04:58 PM »
yet somehow you think Mr. Levrone's look would've been better for the sport ::)

E

None of that matters , competitive bodybuilding has nothing to do with marketablity and it shouldn't

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
Unlike Kevin Dorian was massive everywhere , Kevin was all delts & biceps/triceps his back was missing in 1992-1994 by 1995 his width improved however his thickness lagged behind Yates especially in the lats , Kev was awesome but he couldn't beat Yates

dorian was especially massive in the gut, not so much in the chest :-\

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2008, 06:05:55 PM »
ur joking right?

holy shit Merry Christmas :o

E
E

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
dorian was especially massive in the gut, not so much in the chest :-\

E

Kevin was exactly know as Mr. Chest either...
\