Author Topic: Charge obesity, not luggage fees  (Read 2708 times)

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
Charge obesity, not luggage fees
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »

Reacting angrily to news that Australian airlines are forcing passengers to pay extra luggage fees, readers said overweight travellers should be footing the bill, with one reader suggesting they be seated in "super-size" class.

"Why should I have to pay the same as the fat guy next to me when he is 40kg heavier, and have him take half my seat as well," wrote a reader called Dan.

"There are currently scales there for your bags, so rather than just use them for luggage, have the person stand on them, with their luggage and charge accordingly," wrote Dan.

Related Sections
Travel News
Travel Homepage
Advertisement
 "When will they start weighing people?" asked Nick of Perth, who feels skinny people are subsidising those overweight.

"I find it frustrating that people like my girlfriend, weighing 45kg can get a $30 charge for each kilogram of luggage she is over, but people weighing in excess of 100kg, can get on with no extra cost."

"If it is all about weight, why do skinny people have to subsidies overweight people?" he said.

Ken Yuen suggested a seating class called "Super-size" should be introduced.

"It's just like business class but for large folk," he wrote. "Seats larger, more space, more food even to keep them happy. They can pay more and help keep costs normalised for us skinny folk."

Look at the bigger picture

Kate of Sydney hit back at the attacks, asking where the discrimination will end.

"To say there should be separate seating areas for the overweight is stupid.

Why stop at the obese, what about professional weightlifters? They've chosen to be huge/muscular and their shoulders/biceps take up a lot of space on the armrest," she wrote.

"Men sit with their legs wide apart so women are forced to squish over uncomfortably in their seat... I mean is that what this is coming too?"

"It's funny how as soon as airline surcharges are mentioned people can't stop themselves from harassing the fatties," said Dave of Sydney.

"Why stop at planes? Why not buses or trains too? Though if we can discriminate that way then why not charge people with lower IQ's."

Another comment argued that if airlines charged people for being overweight, would they start charging disabled passengers more because they need to check in baggage that includes their wheelchairs?

Andrew of Canberra said anyone wanting to equate overweight people to excess luggage needs to look at the bigger picture.

"Your extra baggage needs to be placed on the plane and then offloaded at the other end. You on the other hand are usually more than capable of doing it yourself.

"The extra weight by a fat passenger would make a negligible difference in the cost of flying the plane," said Andrew.

Lurker79

• Getbig III
Re: Charge obesity, not luggage fees
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:24 PM »
Charging for obesity may be the ticket to bailing out the airline industry in America. 99% of boarding passengers would be paying extra ;D

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:47:54 PM »
I love how fat people act like they are victims. You can't compare being fat to being physically handicapped; being fat is something you did to yourself, not something that happened to you and is out of your control.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
hater
$

pumpher

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »
I love how fat people act like they are victims. You can't compare being fat to being physically handicapped; being fat is something you did to yourself, not something that happened to you and is out of your control.

I agree, but what happens if you get hit by a drunk driver and get stuck in a wheelchair?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 06:19:42 PM »
Seriously, these fatties put up the arm rest and then get pissed when you try to put it down.  They should pay for the seat belt extenders too.

Why stop there?  Insurance companies should follow the lead of Japan and tell people they need to have a certain waistline in order to be considered acceptable for insurance.
Squishy face retard

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:04:18 PM »
1 step further.

If you're fat or ugly you can't breed.

The human race should move forward not backwards.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »
1 step further.

If you're fat or ugly you can't breed.

The human race should move forward not backwards.

One step further than that...

Build a series of Fatcentration camps, round up all the fatties, lock them up, and don't feed them.  They will either slim down or die.  Either way, we're better off.  For more info on this brilliant and upcoming idea, see the "Fat People's Lack of Willpower is Sickening" thread.   :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

justin08

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:21 PM »
ha? what test are they gonna use to judge it? BMI?

most of us would end up paying more...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 07:18:39 PM »

waist measurement
Ron: "I am lazy."

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 07:27:40 PM »

most of us would end up paying more...
You know what fatties need to be charged more by just looking at them.
Squishy face retard

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »

One step further than that...

Build a series of Fatcentration camps, round up all the fatties, lock them up, and don't feed them.  They will either slim down or die.  Either way, we're better off.  For more info on this brilliant and upcoming idea, see the "Fat People's Lack of Willpower is Sickening" thread.   :D

Brilliant. They can feed on each other, may the strongest survive. The best 2 left out of each 100 can be deemed good enough to be let back into society.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 07:29:36 PM »
I think that female doesn't know what the "biceps" muscle is.

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:40:24 PM »
I agree, but what happens if you get hit by a drunk driver and get stuck in a wheelchair?

That's exactly my point; someone who is handicapped because they were in an accident BEYOND THEIR CONTROL should NOT have to pay extra for bringing their wheelchair on a plane; a 400 pound fat-ass who CHOOSES to eat junk food and abstain from any and all physical activity SHOULD have to pay for lugging their extra 200 pounds on a plane

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »

Just like being a drunk isn't a disease. It's a poor choice and a lack of self control.

What if you weigh over 100kg (220 lbs) and aren't fat? Should I still have to pay extra to get on the plane because I'm heavy? It's not a fat tax after all. It's a weight tax

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 07:56:03 PM »
Charging for obesity may be the ticket to bailing out the airline industry in America. 99% of boarding passengers would be paying extra ;D

Unless they used their eyes and could differentiate between muscle and fat, that would mean BBers would be paying extra too genius.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2008, 12:17:44 AM »

http://www.naafa.org/
S

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2008, 01:00:24 AM »

Thank you. Those fat fucks CHOSE there fate.
HAHA, RON.....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »
It's not going to happen (as much as I want too) n our society eating too much is still looked at as an disability and not (like smoking) a filthy habit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »
HAHA, RON.....

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 01:58:23 AM »
Goddamn fat motherfuckers!

hahhah look at that chubby fat face :D

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 02:55:14 AM »

Exactly, fat people are just choosing that path. It will never happen but fat people should be charged extra, or made to buy 2 seats.

I travel alot and have had the misfortune of sitting next to fat folks more times that I can count. I had a world class meltdown once as some extremely obese person sat next to me - and I was expected to raise the armrest so she could fit, as she literally could not fit in the seat. This was a 12 hour flight, I had booked it like the day before hence paid thousands for the ticket. I politely refused, as I felt I should be allowed to seat in my seat not be smashed on the side....and quite the scene ensued. Good 15 min debacle - where they asked *me* to leave the flight so this fat pig could fit. ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »
any fat person that smiles deserves to be snuffed.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 03:13:41 AM »
i rather sit next to a fat person than a off-season 300 pounds bodybuilder that eats every 30 minutes or a dork like stork that drinks 6 litres per day and goes to the toilet every 10 minutes on a 10 hour flight  ::)
Z

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 03:36:13 AM »
Exactly, fat people are just choosing that path. It will never happen but fat people should be charged extra, or made to buy 2 seats.

I travel alot and have had the misfortune of sitting next to fat folks more times that I can count. I had a world class meltdown once as some extremely obese person sat next to me - and I was expected to raise the armrest so she could fit, as she literally could not fit in the seat. This was a 12 hour flight, I had booked it like the day before hence paid thousands for the ticket. I politely refused, as I felt I should be allowed to seat in my seat not be smashed on the side....and quite the scene ensued. Good 15 min debacle - where they asked *me* to leave the flight so this fat pig could fit. ::)

furthermore, they always fall into the seat, it's never a gentle sit down, it's like falling back and squashing you in, and never a word of appologie, if you make a face and look at her you get always the same snotty face back: I love food I'm fat deal with it.