Author Topic: 2008 NPC Junior Nationals  (Read 15594 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
2008 NPC Junior Nationals
« on: June 19, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
Junior Nats are this weekend!  This was a fun show, I competed last year.  It's a long weekend, but a good time and a nice host hotel.

June 20-21, 2008

SHOW INFO:

http://www.npcjrnationals.com/info.htm

Hyatt Regency O'Hare Hotel
Rosemont, IL

SCHEDULE:

http://www.npcjrnationals.com/schedule.htm

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
Re: 2008 NPC Junior Nationals
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
Here's who I have found thus far for women's bodybuilding:

LIGHTWEIGHT
Lisa Janusz
Natalie Barnett

MIDDLEWEIGHT
Angie McGhee
Colleen Mahoney-Sgro
Deanna Harvick (figure crossover  8))
Heather Bayer
Kira Neuman
Lisa Aranda
Roxanne Edwards

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Andrea Wanek
Chris Kramer (figure crossover  8))
Dominique Durand
Justine Dohring
Sherri Enos (fitness crossover  8))

HEAVYWEIGHT
Amber Defrancesco
Angela Rayburn
Monique Jones
Robin Mentgen

Alot of names that are unfamiliar to me on that list.  I'm going with Kira in the Middleweights and Justine in the LHWs.  Robin was SHREDDED and a crowd favorite in the HW class last year and placed fifth, I believe...I think she should do well this year.  I also love Monique's look if she can pull off the conditioning.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:09:45 AM »
Here's Kira a few days ago (courtesy of another wonderful messageboard out there ;)). 
I just love her... she's just adorable and has tons of potential!  I would love to see her take this show!! 

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:04:23 AM »
Here's who I have found thus far for women's bodybuilding:

LIGHTWEIGHT
Lisa Janusz
Natalie Barnett

MIDDLEWEIGHT
Angie McGhee
Colleen Mahoney-Sgro
Deanna Harvick (figure crossover  8))
Heather Bayer
Kira Neuman
Lisa Aranda
Roxanne Edwards

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Andrea Wanek
Chris Kramer (figure crossover  8))
Dominique Durand
Justine Dohring
Sherri Enos (fitness crossover  8))

HEAVYWEIGHT
Amber Defrancesco
Angela Rayburn
Monique Jones
Robin Mentgen

Alot of names that are unfamiliar to me on that list.  I'm going with Kira in the Middleweights and Justine in the LHWs.  Robin was SHREDDED and a crowd favorite in the HW class last year and placed fifth, I believe...I think she should do well this year.  I also love Monique's look if she can pull off the conditioning.

Robin Mentgen is JAKKED this year. Saw her a couple weeks back. Crazy vascular and hard.
?

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:39:36 AM »
Here's Kira a few days ago (courtesy of another wonderful messageboard out there ;)). 
I just love her... she's just adorable and has tons of potential!  I would love to see her take this show!! 

Can't wait for this show to begin.  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 11:59:05 AM »
Robin Mentgen is JAKKED this year. Saw her a couple weeks back. Crazy vascular and hard.

She was BY FAR the hardest girl on stage last year, and she ended up fifth.  I hope that she does well this year.  She is so nice and has a great routine.

Can't wait for this show to begin.  :)

It's gonna be a good one.  I wish there were more FBBs, though.  There are only about 300,000,000 figure competitors.  ::)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:01:17 AM »
Congratulations to Amber Defrancesco, the HW and Overall winner.  She looked amazing and pretty much stole the show in terms of the FBBs.   8)

Her legs are crazy... she reminds me a little of Heather Policky.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 07:14:59 AM »
Overall: Amber Defrancesco

Middleweights:
1) Heather Bayer
2) Kira Neuman
3) Angelita McGhee
4) Lisa Aranda
5) Lilsa Janusz

Light Heavyweights:
1) Justine Dohring
2) Roxanne Edwards
3) Sherrie Enos
4) Deanna Harvick
5) Dominique Durand

Heavyweights:
1) Amber Francesco
2) Monique Jones
3) Angela Rayburn
4) Robyn Mentgen
5) Andrea Wanek

More pics... thanks to Gene X for the most beautiful shots!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 07:15:55 AM »
My girl Kira finished second and is just about as cute as she can be!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 07:16:45 AM »
Deanna is a figure crossover and looked great for her first time in BB.  A lot of "pretty" FBBs at this show... I like it!!  8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 07:17:33 AM »
Monique is another figure crossover with a bright future in BB.   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 07:18:32 AM »
Look who I found a picture of at Junior Nats.   :o

:D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:14 PM »
Isn't Amber amazing??? 

I had a great weekend at Jr. Nationals and seeing everyone there.  The women looked fabulous, watching the show I was floored by how many absolutely stunning women were on the bbing stage.  Granted there were over 200 figure competitors but we finally caught a few of them and got them on the bbing stage! 

Deanna and I had a chance to talk and she is absolutely loving bbing!  We had spoken earlier this year and I pushed her to try a show (like I do to all the beautifully muscled figure competitors, hehe) and she did it and LOVES it.  She did great, had a tough class and we will hopefully see more of her.

Obviously Monique looked incredible, her traps are out of control!  She had the tiniest waist, when she comes dialed-in to a show she will be a force.  Once Amber stepped on stage though it was hard to take your eyes off her...she was put together from head to toe and her quads really stole the show.  Once she tightened up everyone gasped, in the hallway after the show it was all I was hearing about, people saying it looked like her skin was removed, everything scrapped out from inside and pasted back on.  From the back she maintained a little softness (I know all about the booty fat being a bitch) but I think it helped with her overall look, she didn't look overdieted and her presence and beauty was undeniable.

The whole heavyweight class was actually pretty tough and the judges probably had a difficult time placing 2-4 as the ladies came in conditioned and put together.  The light heavyweight class was also nicely stacked and watching their 45 second routines I thought Justine did a great job showing her physique and really most of the girls in the show had done their homework.

Kira, this girl is hopefully where the future of bbing lies, she is so so so cute and sassy and such a nice girl.  She looked beautiful and owned the stage-she has a bright future.  Heather Bayer, who took the middles has a phenomenal shape, great taper and small waist.  She came into the show very conditioned and was spot on...her shape is tough to beat.  I was very impressed with these two ladies!!

I was very disappointed there were no lightweights but overall you can tell I thought the show was tough and had great competition.  Congratulations to everyone and hopefully the next show we will have a few more figure crossovers :)

Jennifer

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 09:37:35 PM »
Monique is another figure crossover with a bright future in BB.   8)

shell be good. She needs palumbo to her diet and she'd be a pro in no time.

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:46 PM »
Isn't Amber amazing??? 

I had a great weekend at Jr. Nationals and seeing everyone there.  The women looked fabulous, watching the show I was floored by how many absolutely stunning women were on the bbing stage.  Granted there were over 200 figure competitors but we finally caught a few of them and got them on the bbing stage! 

Deanna and I had a chance to talk and she is absolutely loving bbing!  We had spoken earlier this year and I pushed her to try a show (like I do to all the beautifully muscled figure competitors, hehe) and she did it and LOVES it.  She did great, had a tough class and we will hopefully see more of her.

Obviously Monique looked incredible, her traps are out of control!  She had the tiniest waist, when she comes dialed-in to a show she will be a force.  Once Amber stepped on stage though it was hard to take your eyes off her...she was put together from head to toe and her quads really stole the show.  Once she tightened up everyone gasped, in the hallway after the show it was all I was hearing about, people saying it looked like her skin was removed, everything scrapped out from inside and pasted back on.  From the back she maintained a little softness (I know all about the booty fat being a bitch) but I think it helped with her overall look, she didn't look overdieted and her presence and beauty was undeniable.

The whole heavyweight class was actually pretty tough and the judges probably had a difficult time placing 2-4 as the ladies came in conditioned and put together.  The light heavyweight class was also nicely stacked and watching their 45 second routines I thought Justine did a great job showing her physique and really most of the girls in the show had done their homework.

Kira, this girl is hopefully where the future of bbing lies, she is so so so cute and sassy and such a nice girl.  She looked beautiful and owned the stage-she has a bright future.  Heather Bayer, who took the middles has a phenomenal shape, great taper and small waist.  She came into the show very conditioned and was spot on...her shape is tough to beat.  I was very impressed with these two ladies!!

I was very disappointed there were no lightweights but overall you can tell I thought the show was tough and had great competition.  Congratulations to everyone and hopefully the next show we will have a few more figure crossovers :)

Great analysis Beast.   It was definitely a quality show, lots of talent from top to bottom.   If Amber brings up her arms a bit, she'll no doubt turn pro, and be a threat there.

But hey - I'm still wondering who that incredible fitness competitor was - You never got back to me about that!   :D
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2008, 08:24:24 AM »
I was mistaken about the Fitness Competitor...I thought she as Crystal Juarez an incredible athlete I met earlier this year at a smaller show but it looks like it is actual Lucy McLane a competitor with whom I have no contacts...Sorry!!

lucy is first picture and crystal is in the middle of the poster...
Jennifer

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2008, 10:08:33 AM »
Ahh, Lucy McLane...  OK, thanks!  I'll start doing my homework - very impressive athlete.

I appreciate your help!
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
All photos below were taken by Isaac Hinds..............

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6292/tag/22/mode/will/

Bodybuilding class winners, Heather Bayer, Justine Dohring, & Amber DeFrancesco (overall).......................

Overall winner Amber DeFrancesco............. .........

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »
Beast, thanks for the recap, sounds like it was a good show.  Looks like it too... thanks for the pics, sioux!  :)

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 07:46:54 PM »
What happened to the lightweight class, isnt this a big show?  zero competitors?

crazy, anyone could have jumped in there and taken first???

18 total competitors in all the classes combined.  No pro card keeps the classes small, obviously.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »
What happened to the lightweight class, isnt this a big show?  zero competitors?

No one wants to be compared to last year's champ.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2008, 08:20:34 PM »

:)   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 07:19:05 AM »

haha  good answer!   ;D

There were supposed to be two LWs.  One pulled out from what I heard, and one didn't make weight and competed as a middleweight.