Author Topic: This is the type of physique I strive for.  (Read 139086 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: This is the type of physique I strive for.
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »
My position on this matter was clarified years ago.

You need to re-clarify your clarification.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »
Huge without being supidly huge, powerful looking, lean without being stupidly lean and imo an aesthetic physique many can appreciate.

Seen this on the PL board does anyone know who it is? I am assuming a shot putter lol
the guy is stupidly huge. hope this helps.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »

You need to re-clarify your clarification.
lol  ;)
!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
Hey, BAY! I know Hawaii as well as most anyone (all the islands) and at one time was the longest long-term resident of Waikiki of all time.

I can recall the days when it was one of the best beach towns throughout the world to live in and where the rent was less than $80 a month with nightly parties everywhere from Diamond Head to the Ala Wai Canal.

We'd all get loaded and go see Don Ho at Dukes in the International Market Place and then hit the Monkey Bar and laff our asses off at their antics.

It was phenomional living until they sold out to the foreigners from Asia and that ruined it entirely.

If you have any questions about Hawaii, I'll do my best to give ya honest answers.

One big succestion ... the best and cheapest way to enjoy the Islands is to take the 7 day cruise that visits each of them. Then once you get back on Oahu, spend another seven days in the cheapest hotel you can find in Waikiki and party your butt off.

I did that for too damn many years and got tired and packed it up and left , but I still kinda miss it.

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with you here: people who try to hit more than one island in one trip are cheating themselves.  The way to enjoy Hawaii is to hit one island per trip.  Make multiple trips and visit each island separately.

You cannot soak up a given island if you are so busy trying to hit the highlights and run off to the next island.  Sure, you want to do the typical tourist stuff, but you also want to take your time… take time to meet people who live there (Hawaiians and mainlanders who moved there years ago) who can bring you into their circle and expose you to scenes that you otherwise would not know.

When I travel, I have two natural constituents that I tend to connect with: local gay guys and folks at the local university (usually faculty, but administrators, and students too).  For others it might be local gymrats, or scuba divers, or whatever hobby or profession you identify with.

The “cheapest way” does not interest me.  I did one island per trip and would not do it any other way.   8)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »
"Great everyday look, easy to maintain without a ton of gear"

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »
lol i just read this thread from the start today, and because "great everyday look..." has since passed into the getbig vernacular, i couldn't understand, at first, why everyone was giving CE such a hard time.

;D

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2011, 10:27:46 PM »
He looks small.

chess315

« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2011, 10:35:16 PM »
not overly huge lol if you dont consider that huge I dont know what is if you want to look like that you mise well plan on having to be able to bench around 600lbs

POTA

« Reply #258 on: July 03, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »
Gary Strydom (86-90):

My build and proportions are very much like his, so it's somewhat realistic.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: July 03, 2011, 10:15:50 AM »
I have a similar build to him, and I don't workout as much as i used to. Also i can go clubbing whenever i want and don't have to worry about taking drugs/food anymore. Life is good!

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
That video of Strydom was taken the day after the 1988 Olympia. This is the first time I've seen it, I can see myself in the background.  ;D

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2011, 03:05:05 PM »
Gary Strydom (86-90):

The person narrating that video is gay as hell

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2011, 03:59:48 PM »
OK, Bay! I see your point so let me make a change about that boat trip around the islands or at least clarify the point I was attempting to make.

I lived in Hawaii for many years and knew a good number of locals on each of the islands and when you live on a small island for as longs as I did   .... during a small part of one's vacation you tend to want to get away from it all ... and that includes the people and the places,

That is one of the prime reasons the locals get off the islands and vacation in LAS VEGAS.

And while I was living there, I actually thought that I had seen it all, but from the side of a ship cruising the islands, you see Hawaii from a different perspective ... a far more beautiful perspective!

You see all the beauty without the ugliness beneath the surface ... no traffic congestions, no over-populated beaches, no over-priced hotels, food, nor booz, etc.

Still I do realize that you fly off to Hawaii as a tourist so our 'views' will always be somewhat different ..... But consider a one week cruise of all the islands with off ship excursions to meet the friendly folks ashore and then the last week spent on the island of your choice ....

I've never seen a more beautiful sight than an off shore view of the lava flowing into the sea .... except for the view of the Na Pali coastline while gliding pass on a glass smooth sea .... except for smoothly sailng past the Big Island where the who damn visual excites the eyeballs. ..., except for the beauty of the pitch black lava surrounding the bright-bright 13th green with the perfect blue of the Pacific in the background .. or the sunsets off of Waikiki after a few too many intoicants at Duke's listening to live Hawaiian music especially when Israel Kamakawiwo'ole strummed his uke with Somewhere Over the Rainbow or I'll Remember You (even those who have passed out earlier come back to life to watch the sun go down and everyone on the beach stands silently  in homage to the beauty of it all ... and once it drops below the horizon we slowly wander back to our barfront positions for a couple more rounds and continue watching because the eastward sky is still beautiful for another 20 minutes,

Don't miss Duke's on a Sunday, Bay.

I also suggest a hike into Kololau Valley (spelling?) on Kauai if you want a physical experience of the hidden beauty of Hawaii, a ride to Hana, a two day stay at one of the better Kaanapali Hotels where by the second day ... Everyone knows your name.

And also each of the following providing you have not already done so:

Catarmarran sail off Waikiki Beach.
Two night stay at Kona Village.
A few drinks at Duke's on Sunday afternoon with a stay through the sunset.
See the sunrise and sunset from atop Maunakea
A Mai-Tai at the Ft Durussey beach bar.
A workout at 24 overlooking the Waikii shoreline.
A sunset visit to the bar atop Sheraton Waikiki.
A Zippy's plate lunch or a Spam and Egg morning special.
Check out the two Irish bars downtown Oahu.
A visit to the Pali on a windy day where you can lean 45 degrees or more.
The North Shore on high surf days.
Shave Ice in Haleiwa.
A night tour of the lava flow.
The evening performance at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
Hula's.
Deja Vu strip club.
Genki Sushi without a doubt.

But I bet you've already seen 1/2 these places and Hula's much more than once.

But if you want more suggestions ... post it here or send me a message and I should be able to answer anything you may ask. I'm a know it all on most subjects anyway.

POTA

« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
The person narrating that video is gay as hell
Tom Platz.

POTA

« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2011, 10:19:39 PM »
That video of Strydom was taken the day after the 1988 Olympia. This is the first time I've seen it, I can see myself in the background.  ;D
At what time should I pause it and which person are you? That's pretty cool.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: July 03, 2011, 10:39:18 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #266 on: July 04, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

lol @ everyone who says 'yeah, i have a build close to gary strydoms'

fucking please.

::)

b

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #267 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »

:D

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #268 on: July 04, 2011, 09:37:29 PM »
Gary Strydom (86-90):

Now THAT'S! bodybuilding.

POTA

« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2011, 01:01:10 AM »

fucking please.

I know I don't look nearly close to as good as him, nor will I ever. But I'm tall (over 6'3") and I'm built sort of the same way. I have a ton of work to do. I need to work on my delts and traps, work a shit ton on my abs (as I have none), get my chest fuller, hit my hams more, my calves suck.

I'm on vacation right now and my girlfriend wanted me to send her a couple pictures, so these are the most recent of me that I took for her (you can leave all the "you look like a twink homo" comments out):

I'm hovering around 220 right now. So, basically, I'm light as hell for my height. My back isn't in the picture, but I'm really happy with it. My quads, bis, and tris are also big strengths. Anyway, I may very well be delusional, but I'm motivated by trying to look like Strydom.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #270 on: July 05, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »

fucking please.

You would think the least they would do is post pics instead of just talkin' shit... I mean right?

Oh yeah,  BTW, I have a physique very similar to Frank Zane's (at his peak)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #271 on: July 05, 2011, 02:45:12 AM »
great physique pota

io856

« Reply #272 on: July 05, 2011, 02:52:29 AM »
looking sexy pota
nice hair and build!

tlc

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:00 AM »
looking sexy pota
nice hair and build!

Faggotty homogay pillowbiter hair.  I bet half your luggage is hairdriers, brushes, conditioner, god knows what other womanly crap.

Don't build your abs, just lean out a bit more until you can see them. Giant chunky abs look horrible, nobody with any intelligence trains abs directly.

And use sunscreen, you look like a lobster.

;)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #274 on: July 05, 2011, 04:49:27 AM »
I know I don't look nearly close to as good as him, nor will I ever. But I'm tall (over 6'3") and I'm built sort of the same way. I have a ton of work to do. I need to work on my delts and traps, work a shit ton on my abs (as I have none), get my chest fuller, hit my hams more, my calves suck.

I'm on vacation right now and my girlfriend wanted me to send her a couple pictures, so these are the most recent of me that I took for her (you can leave all the "you look like a twink homo" comments out):

I'm hovering around 220 right now. So, basically, I'm light as hell for my height. My back isn't in the picture, but I'm really happy with it. My quads, bis, and tris are also big strengths. Anyway, I may very well be delusional, but I'm motivated by trying to look like Strydom.

Add resistence work to your abs - dont listen to TLC - all the best abs were built with weights just like any other muscle group they need overload , forget the high rep shit and if you dont train them they will continue to look like they are now - nothing- you are already lean other than some water , your abs dont show because they are not developed.

Looking good though mate  :) but do agree with TLC with to much sun exposure - though phones can chuck out some weird looking pics - im brown from sunbedding but in certain lights using phone to take pics i look white  ;D.. you have good looks and should promote yourself toward the fitness model arena - you could be the next Mike O'hernia :)