Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 109813 times)

JudgeReinhold

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »
Go get the prize and good luck to you.

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Re: RIPITUP'S PREP CONTEST THREAD
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »
Just 1 pro card?

Just 1 card for female bodybuilding.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S PREP CONTEST THREAD
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 08:54:06 PM »
Just 1 card for female bodybuilding.

Thanks, should be interesting.  It will be Rip's biggest show to date I think.  Rip time to pull out all the stops.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2008, 07:37:23 AM »
Yes, that's correct... One Pro Card at the North Americans, to the Overall winner.  All class winners get Pro Cards at Nationals.

One of the reasons that I want to try to do the NA's is because it's been a relatively small show for the lighter weight classes in recent years, and it's a Pro Qualifier.  In 2007, there were only two LWs.  In 2006, there was only one LW, so she showed up to compete and was automatically in the Overall competition for a Pro Card! 

As of right now, I haven't heard of any other LWs doing the NA's, but there will probably be some.  I know two MWs, one LHW, and one HW who are all doing it (one of them is Melissa Detwiller!).  The Mexican BBs always make a strong showing at the NA's too, but they are usually pretty big girls.  Assuming I could make the LWs, it could be a good opportunity for me.  But you never really know who's gonna show up until you get there! 

P.S.  Thanks Bernie and Judge.  And thanks also tigereyes... I really hope we meet in person at one of the shows this year!  We keep missing each other!  :)
:)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
you are welcome maam...

if i know anything, i know that when you show up....you are one to reckoned with. 

my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you compete this weekend.....and throughout your prep.......

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2008, 05:12:13 PM »
Best of luck to you Rip! No doubt you will show up at both your shows a serious hardcore bad ass!!!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2008, 08:16:58 PM »
Good luck Rip!

8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »
Rip looks like she was carved out of stone! Good luck Rip!  :-*

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST THREAD
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 08:44:55 PM »
Rip, this is what I'm talking about! Hot!
Spirit of Truth

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
Thank you guys so much.  :)

It was a good day at the powerlifting meet.  I'll post the results, etc. when I have a chance.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »
Thank you guys so much.  :)

It was a good day at the powerlifting meet.  I'll post the results, etc. when I have a chance.

Looking forward to a full report.  Hope you had fun  :)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »
Hey babe I hope you get some rest tonight, I am excited to hear if you won or not.

jt
TEAM Nasser

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »
Sorry the pic is blurry, that's all I got right now.  :)

Ok, so here's how it went -

SQUAT  Judging was super strict!
1.) 95 kg/209 lbs - I did it pretty much just like I did in the gym, way deeper than I needed to, got stuck a little but got it fine.  Got two redlights and didn't even realize it.  I had no idea I missed the lift, so I submitted 242 for my second attempt until someone asked me why I missed my first one, and I was like huh ???  They said I double bounced it at the bottom.  So they let me change my second attempt.
2.) 100 kg/220 lbs - I went up anyway but not as much.  I got this one, but I still got a red light from the head judge, who said that I kind of dropped my chest a little too much or something  ???
3.) 110 kg/242 lbs - three white lights.  It was only the second squat of the day so far to get three white lights.   :o

BENCH
WPF world record attempts get all three commands - start, press, and rack.  Judging was strict, and it was hard!
1.) 102.5 kg/225 lbs - three white lights.  Good Lift.  WPF World Record for the 132 weight class.   8)
2.) 110 kg/242 lbs - this was for the world record again and the USPF National record, so I had all three commands.  I pressed the weight, but I lifted my ass.  No lift.
3.) 110 kg/242 lbs - I pressed the weight, kept my ass down, but stalled it a little and got two red lights for hitching on one side.  No lift.

DEADLIFT
1.) 117.5 kg/259 lbs - Good lift.
2.) 127.5 kg/281 lbs - Good lift.  Head judge said I rolled my shoulders a bit but I don't know if I got any red flags.
3.) 137.5 kg/303 lbs - Good lift. ALL BACK.  Holy shit, I saw the video clip of this lift...as soon as I began to pull, my ass went straight up and I totally lifted the whole thing with my back, it was ridiculous.  I don't recommend deadlifting like that, my back is killing me tonight. 

So I finished off with a 242/226/303 and 771 total.  I'm happy with that, especially considering I am dieting my ass off and did tons of cardio right through the entire prep for this meet.  I am slightly disappointed about the bench because I was really close with those lifts.  The judging was tight, though, and I wasn't really looking for a gift.  Looking at the vids, I dropped my left shoulder ever so slightly.

This was the lightweight day, and there were four women competing total.  I won the women's best overall lifter for the Bench, Deadlift, and Powerlifting Nationals.  One woman pulled more than me by quite a bit, and I was really surprised to get the overall in the deadlift, but she was in the 148 weight class.

I talked to the Titan rep who was at the meet, and he ended up taking my bench shirt with him.  He pulled out a new F6 in the same size as mine, and it's unbelieveable how much that shirt is stretched.  Combine that with the fact that I lost 17 pounds, and it looks to be time for a new shirt.  I think I'm pretty lucky I got what I did out of it at this meet.  Before we get a new one, he is going to lower the neck in my F6 and tighten up the chest plate and reinforce all of the seams.  I'm psyched about that. 

Good meet, nice people, good times.  I'll post vids later.  :)

Simple Carbs

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • I'm Phil's Easy Lover
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »
 :o

My wet dreams have come true  :-X

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 07:50:14 PM »

Awesome job Rip, your an animal! Congrats on all your accomplishments and the records you set

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 07:59:44 PM »

My, My Rip good job!! and congrats  8)  You really kicked some butt.  Nice work on the meet and this was your first really big PL meet.  I know you will even do better in meets to come.  Funny but many pro BB women have done some PL before they turned pro, of course Annie.  I see a pattern starting here :)  Hope the back feels better also.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 08:03:55 PM »
Thanks guys!  I LOVED the training for this meet... would have loved it even more without the diet and cardio, but I'm already looking forward to next off-season.  I can't wait to try out a squat suit next year! 

I also think the powerlifting helped me to make some gains with my physique for bodybuilding.  You'll see what the squatting has done to my legs in the video clips.  My legs come down quite a bit when I get lean, but they are pretty damn large right now. 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
Great job Rip.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Great job Rip.

Thanks Jedi Baby.   :-*

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2008, 09:24:06 PM »
Big congrats!!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2008, 09:41:43 PM »
"102.5 kg/225 lbs - three white lights.  Good Lift.  WPF World Record for the 132 weight class"

"So I finished off with a 242/226/303 and 771 total."

WOW!!  Incredible!  Congrats on everything Lori!   :D

R

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2008, 09:48:13 PM »
I see some deltoid vascularity going on there.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
I see some deltoid vascularity going on there.
Def. cute pic!

Post up the videos rip!
R

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2008, 10:07:19 PM »
CONGRATS!!!!

that is soooo freaking awesome.

ill send up a prayer for your back.  hope if feels better soon..........

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2008, 10:23:31 PM »
Thanks guys!  I LOVED the training for this meet... would have loved it even more without the diet and cardio, but I'm already looking forward to next off-season.  I can't wait to try out a squat suit next year! 

I also think the powerlifting helped me to make some gains with my physique for bodybuilding.  You'll see what the squatting has done to my legs in the video clips.  My legs come down quite a bit when I get lean, but they are pretty damn large right now. 

Well Ive seen what the squats have done to your ASS and im impressed  ;D