Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110141 times)

Deadpool

• Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
stella and rip, showing some love.  Whatever happened to W8M8?
X

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2008, 07:22:32 AM »
Great video thanks so much for posting!  I got goosebumps and it brought tears to my eyes to see you accomplish all that!

Great job rip...you are just adorable! :)

Awwww thanks stella, you are awesome!!    :-*

Medford, w8m8 is still around, she pops in from time to time. 

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2008, 07:40:16 AM »
I am STILL sore from the Powerlifting meet last weekend.  My lower back is in rough shape.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take the week off to recover.  I took Sunday off (just rode the bike a little), and then got back to it on Monday.  I got my double cardios in every day this week so far and did some light weight training.  I did a bunch of stuff that I hadn't done in a long time and just tried to keep it light and high-rep until I can fully recover.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 2
AM - Cardio, elliptical 54 minutes (don't ask, I sometimes pick weird and random amounts of time)

PM - LEGS (Light)
---Leg Press (sled) - two plates per side, 3 sets x 12.  very tough on the lower back, so I had to keep them a bit shallow and not too heavy
----Seated Calf Raises - 5 sets x15
----Leg Extensions - 3 sets both legs together x 10-12, 2 sets one leg at a time x 10.  Held these at the top for nice, long squeezes
----Seated hammy curls - 3 sets x 12
---Cardio - 30 minutes on the stair climber (brutal)

One thing I came to realize really quickly is that my squat and deadlift workouts for powerlifting are just about all I need to train my lower body adequately.  With the exception of leg extensions and calf machines (and maybe the leg press if squats are not part of the workout), I found most every other leg/lower body machine in the gym to be a total waste of my time.  I think I get a better leg workout from doing 8-10 sets of squats and calling it a day versus 3-4 sets on 3-4 different lower body machines that work little parts of your legs.

I'm hoping to squat later this weekend if my lower back recovers enough.  I'm really surprised that I am still sore five days after the meet!

Just finished up three VERY low carb days that were brutal...trying to shed a little water from the loading I did for the PL meet, and then we'll take some progress pics this weekend.  I get an extra carb meal today and tomorrow!   :D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2008, 02:19:24 PM »
I am STILL sore from the Powerlifting meet last weekend.  My lower back is in rough shape.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take the week off to recover.  I took Sunday off (just rode the bike a little), and then got back to it on Monday.  I got my double cardios in every day this week so far and did some light weight training.  I did a bunch of stuff that I hadn't done in a long time and just tried to keep it light and high-rep until I can fully recover.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 2
AM - Cardio, elliptical 54 minutes (don't ask, I sometimes pick weird and random amounts of time)

PM - LEGS (Light)
---Leg Press (sled) - two plates per side, 3 sets x 12.  very tough on the lower back, so I had to keep them a bit shallow and not too heavy
----Seated Calf Raises - 5 sets x15
----Leg Extensions - 3 sets both legs together x 10-12, 2 sets one leg at a time x 10.  Held these at the top for nice, long squeezes
----Seated hammy curls - 3 sets x 12
---Cardio - 30 minutes on the stair climber (brutal)

One thing I came to realize really quickly is that my squat and deadlift workouts for powerlifting are just about all I need to train my lower body adequately.  With the exception of leg extensions and calf machines (and maybe the leg press if squats are not part of the workout), I found most every other leg/lower body machine in the gym to be a total waste of my time.  I think I get a better leg workout from doing 8-10 sets of squats and calling it a day versus 3-4 sets on 3-4 different lower body machines that work little parts of your legs.

I'm hoping to squat later this weekend if my lower back recovers enough.  I'm really surprised that I am still sore five days after the meet!

Just finished up three VERY low carb days that were brutal...trying to shed a little water from the loading I did for the PL meet, and then we'll take some progress pics this weekend.  I get an extra carb meal today and tomorrow!   :D

Man I could not agree more.  One big mass movement is all you need and IMO they are the squat and the leg press.  If you can get 5 good heavy work sets in on one of those the rest as I have said before is just fluff.

I will do 2 other excersises with the big excersise usually extensions for detail and something else like machine hacks, lunges or one leg leg press if I squated.  But they are probally more for my head than anything as they seem like a breeze after the hard work is done.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2008, 05:06:18 PM »
You just can't beat squats.  Ass to calves.  Narrow stance.  I have developed a love/hate relationship with them.   ;D

Thursday July 3 - 50 mins AM cardio, 55 mins PM cardio.  No weight training today.

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
gotta love your work outs.....shoot i wouldnt be caught dead in a gym with you....wouldnt be able to stand being shown up by a person one third my size..... :P

ill be praying your back heals up quickly Lori.......

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »
You just can't beat squats.  Ass to calves.  Narrow stance.  I have developed a love/hate relationship with them.   ;D

Thursday July 3 - 50 mins AM cardio, 55 mins PM cardio.  No weight training today.

Yeah i like a little less than shoulder width for the stance.  Deep is good for building that foundation, down the road you may find just a bit lower than parallel will do the trick.

Last time I squatted which was about 2 weeks ago you motivated me to deep as i could on the squats and did a set with 315 all the way down, it was hard to get 12 reps that way.

When i began weight training I always did deep squats and it paid off.  Nowadays I see wannabees in the gym short ranging squats all the time.  They must wonder why thier legs dont grow. Some guys I see working hard at it with like 195lbs and they go down deep and push hard, I respect that so much more than the person who feels they need to look like they are lifting a lot, and go down half way.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2008, 05:37:40 PM »
Happy Fourth of July.  :)

-38 mins elliptical

Light Bench/Shoulders
BENCH - warmup barx15, 95x12
145x5/3 sets
125x5/2 sets
Benching was supposed to be light and it felt surprisingly heavy.  I don't think I'll be benching heavy for a couple weeks at least.  I just got my bench shirt back with all kinds of alterations and adjustments, and I really would like to try it out, but I think I'm pretty fried on the heavy heavy right now.

Dumbell Lateral Raises - 3 sets 15 lbs bent arm, 3 sets 10 lbs straight arm
Rear Delt - reverse pec deck 3 sets
Pec Flies - pec deck 4 sets
(rep range 10-15 on all that stuff)

35 mins on the elliptical right after weight training.  Did it all in one trip to the gym (one meal after the first cardio session) with everything done by 1 PM.  I love days like this.  I actually got a ton of crap done today other than training.   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2008, 05:33:03 PM »
Sat, July 5
We went racing today.  I walked/jogged 25 mins as soon as we got to the track, and then I did another 20 mins, on top of the general physical work.  Rode the bike at home for 30 mins this evening as well.  Pooped out.   :P

I got a new Ipod Nano, and I am psyched about it! 

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
Sat, July 5
We went racing today.  I walked/jogged 25 mins as soon as we got to the track, and then I did another 20 mins, on top of the general physical work.  Rode the bike at home for 30 mins this evening as well.  Pooped out.   :P

I got a new Ipod Nano, and I am psyched about it! 

Awesome job!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »
OK here it is.  Theoretically, this would be 8 weeks out from the North Americans.  ;)

Pics were taken this morning after cardio.  I'm about 128/129 pounds right now and retaining quite a bit of water in my lower body (as usual ::)).  I definitely have more leg separation than the pics show.  The bright sun is unforgiving.   :-[

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
front bis, side chest

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2008, 05:54:34 PM »
side tris

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2008, 05:56:15 PM »
And the backside... :o

Yes, there's some to lose on the backside still!! 

Jenny is going to give me a hard time for wearing shorts that make my ass look larger than it already is.   ;D

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2008, 05:58:53 PM »
WOW  :o :o :o You look incredible. You really are very beautiful.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2008, 06:44:38 PM »
WOW  :o :o :o You look incredible. You really are very beautiful.

Thanks Jedi.  :)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »
what the hell happened to your hair sister?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2008, 07:00:32 PM »
what the hell happened to your hair sister?

???

It's ridiculously long right now, it needs highlights, it was blowing all over the place, and I was sweating my ass off. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2008, 07:16:27 PM »
OK here it is.  Theoretically, this would be 8 weeks out from the North Americans.  ;)

Pics were taken this morning after cardio.  I'm about 128/129 pounds right now and retaining quite a bit of water in my lower body (as usual ::)).  I definitely have more leg separation than the pics show.  The bright sun is unforgiving.   :-[

Cute as always.  Now the not so fun part.........you need to get on your diet hard missy.  2 cardio sessions daily, no milk, no cheese, no sugar.  chicken, turkey or fish get those carbs down.  Hams are soft and its not all water.  Your upper body is ahead of your lower as you said. Start tanning soon also.

You can still do this and I know you will.  I would not have a cheat meal or day if I was you right now.

Its go time!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2008, 07:24:38 PM »
???

It's ridiculously long right now, it needs highlights, it was blowing all over the place, and I was sweating my ass off. 

with the brand new ipod it you will have the young girl look! nice pics, well done

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »
you look great young lady.

now go kick some butt.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »
nice full booty...looking good. lol  :P

Eight weeks is plenty of time. Stay disciplined and I'm sure you'll come in ripped.
!

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »
You are going to be shredded at 115 pounds!  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2008, 07:26:36 AM »
you look great young lady.
now go kick some butt.

Thanks Bernie!

You are going to be shredded at 115 pounds!  ;)

That's the plan LOL.

nice full booty...looking good. lol  :P

Eight weeks is plenty of time. Stay disciplined and I'm sure you'll come in ripped.

Thanks!  The rear end is always the last thing to go on me (boobs are obviously the first thing to go LOL).  I guess I should consider myself lucky in some respects.  It usually doesn't start to come down significantly until I am inside of 4 weeks.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 07:36:01 AM »
Cute as always.  Now the not so fun part.........you need to get on your diet hard missy.  2 cardio sessions daily, no milk, no cheese, no sugar.  chicken, turkey or fish get those carbs down.  Hams are soft and its not all water.  Your upper body is ahead of your lower as you said. Start tanning soon also.

You can still do this and I know you will.  I would not have a cheat meal or day if I was you right now.

Its go time!

Thanks...I'm with you Luv Baby!  Milk, cheese, sugar...what are those things?!?!  ;)
The diet is pretty tight right now.  For this week and into next week, I am going to hold the diet steady but focus on getting control of my water retention by weening myself off of soy sauce and tamari sauce, which I am totally addicted to.  I think that cutting down on my sodium intake will help significantly.  My backside and hams were actually tighter a week ago, and I know I haven't gained any fat, so I definitely have some water issues to deal with.  (not to say that I don't have another 10-12 pounds to lose  :P)

I also started Third Degree Burn this morning and will take that for the next 8 weeks, in addition to Palumbo's fat burner, which I am still taking.  I'll add Thyrotabs for the final 5-6 weeks. 

One thing is for sure...the bright sunlight is very unforgiving!  It washes your muscle definition right out.  If you can look good and hard in outdoor pics in the bright sunlight, then you can look good and hard anywhere!!

For comparison purposes, these are a few pics of me at 8 weeks out from Junior Nats last year.  It's kind of hard to compare because I had almost a year for a very productive off-season, so I look a bit different.  I may have been a little tighter last year at 8 weeks out, but I am definitely bigger in the legs and thicker everywhere than I was last year.