Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110294 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #175 on: July 21, 2008, 01:29:24 PM »
You have always had good delts but your back and spinal erectors are amazing

Thanks... I attribute that to heavy deadlifting.   8)

you look great Lori.

i am happy you where able to meet with Carla.

just keep it up young lady...and the pro card is yours.

Thank you Bernie!   :-*

And thanks Flexington... I appreciate the support.  Keep thinking "LIGHTWEIGHT BABY"   ;D

Lookin good, what if any supps are you using to aid the fat burning? I'm pretty sure you wrote this somewhere in the thread I'm just being lazy  :P  :-*

I have been on Palumbo's fat burner (Lypolyze/Somalyze) for several weeks and will continue that right through the NAs.  I have also started Gaspari's Third Degree Burn last week and am on that now through the NAs.  I will add in Gaspari Thyrotabs for the final 4 weeks.  And I'm a caffeine junkie.   ;D

Rip you look great!  Thanks for this thread..very motivating! :)

Looking great - especially from the backside - back, glutes, legs.

I agree,

Rip you look great every part is coming in nicely. Awesome back double, you are the Incredible Hulktress!

GL

HM

Thanks guys!!  I really appreciate the support!  It's very motivating for me too.

I'm officially IN for the North Americans BTW.  I booked my flights and hotel room today.   :o
:)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #176 on: July 21, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
Gorgeous!  It's nice to see a natural beauty once in a while.  Your conditioning and tan looks great, love the red nail polish, sexy.

jt
TEAM Nasser

w8m8

« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »
You look so GOOD   :D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2008, 01:05:40 PM »
Thanks jt and w8m8!   :-*

So Carla and I made some MAJOR adjustments to my diet for this week and next week, and we'll see what happens.  I am not loving these adjustments, as things are quite different than what I am used to, but variety is the spice of life, and mixing it up is what keeps things interesting and keeps the body guessing, I suppose.  I am just going to have faith and see how it goes.  I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning, and I hadn't lost any weight since last Sat, but that's OK, it was my fault for not letting more time pass before getting back on the scale.  I feel flat and smooth and soft right now.   :P

Double cardios and a good back workout yesterday.  Luv would have been proud... I got 10 wide grip pullups on my first set.  The other three sets were more in the 7-8 range, but still!

I took my cardio outside this morning.  There is a very hilly (steep too!) loop in my neighborhood that is 2.2 miles to/from my house. I did it twice this morning. It was glorious!!
Except that I got shin splints and need new sneakers badly. And the ear buds that they give you with ipods SUCK at staying in your ears when you jog. And my brand new ipod broke half way through the run and is totally dead now, and I have to return it.   >:(
But other than that, it was glorious!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »
Thanks jt and w8m8!   :-*

So Carla and I made some MAJOR adjustments to my diet for this week and next week, and we'll see what happens.  I am not loving these adjustments, as things are quite different than what I am used to, but variety is the spice of life, and mixing it up is what keeps things interesting and keeps the body guessing, I suppose.  I am just going to have faith and see how it goes.  I made the mistake of weighing myself this morning, and I hadn't lost any weight since last Sat, but that's OK, it was my fault for not letting more time pass before getting back on the scale.  I feel flat and smooth and soft right now.   :P

Double cardios and a good back workout yesterday.  Luv would have been proud... I got 10 wide grip pullups on my first set.  The other three sets were more in the 7-8 range, but still!
I took my cardio outside this morning.  There is a very hilly (steep too!) loop in my neighborhood that is 2.2 miles to/from my house. I did it twice this morning. It was glorious!!
Except that I got shin splints and need new sneakers badly. And the ear buds that they give you with ipods SUCK at staying in your ears when you jog. And my brand new ipod broke half way through the run and is totally dead now, and I have to return it.   >:(

Yes he is, stay with those Rip they will pay off, awesome job  8)

LOL yeah those earbuds with the ipod do suck, I never even used used em and bought some nice ones instead, made by Shure, I like em.  Thing is the ear buds always break down on me, seem to last like 4 months max.  They replaced the last set under warranty, I made sure and kept the recipt cause I knew i was gonna need it LOL.  Sucks about the pod, they will replace it though.

Stay strong Rip!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2008, 11:51:04 AM »
Yes he is, stay with those Rip they will pay off, awesome job  8)

LOL yeah those earbuds with the ipod do suck, I never even used used em and bought some nice ones instead, made by Shure, I like em.  Thing is the ear buds always break down on me, seem to last like 4 months max.  They replaced the last set under warranty, I made sure and kept the recipt cause I knew i was gonna need it LOL.  Sucks about the pod, they will replace it though.

Stay strong Rip!

This is the second IPOD I have to return.  Total pain in my ass!  >:(

I did a chest workout last night that was OK.  I only did a short second cardio last night because it was so late, but I'm getting two hours in today for sure.

BENCH PRESS
barx15, 95x15
135x8
155x6/3 sets

INCLINE FLIES - 3 sets 20 lbs x 15

CLOSE GRIPS
115x12
95x8/2 sets with suicide grip

PEC DECK - 3 sets x 12 (last two sets were drop sets about 20 reps each)

Finished off with 2 sets of pushups.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: July 23, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »

So Carla and I made some MAJOR adjustments to my diet for this week and next week, and we'll see what happens. 

rip, would Carla be against you posting your new diet?  It's completely understandable if she'd prefer you not post it as I assume it may be part of her livelihood....(I need to read back through this whole thread thoroughly).

:D

This is the second IPOD I have to return.  Total pain in my ass!  >:(

R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
rip, would Carla be against you posting your new diet?  It's completely understandable if she'd prefer you not post it as I assume it may be part of her livelihood....(I need to read back through this whole thread thoroughly).

:D

LOL I LOVE that Ipod!!   :D

I can't post the specifics of my diet for the reasons that you stated, stella... but I will tell you that it's different than anything I have EVER done before.  And it's basically the kind of diet that I have always said I would NEVER do.  That's right... no carbs.   :o

I have replaced all of my complex carbs with fats.  I eliminated protein shakes as well and dropped from seven to six meals (because the fats keep you fuller).  Two servings of fibrous veggies a day and the rest protein and fats. 

It's weird... I thought I would feel a million times worse because any time I have done no carb, I have also done no fat, which is just brutal.  But sprinkling in some fats throughout the day makes a HUGE difference in terms of filling you up and making you feel OK.  I can still function at work, which I am surprised by LOL.  It's Thursday, and I've been on this since Monday, and today is the first day where I feel like I am dragging ass a little bit.  But I have felt better this week than many weeks prior to this one.  And this morning, I had 5 oz. ground buffalo with an omega egg on top, sunny side up... although I would have preferred about 12 oz. and 2-3 eggs, it was a REALLY delicious breakfast!  I get steak and nuts as well, which are two things that I totally crave on my old plan. 

So we'll see what happens.  I wasn't planning on taking progress pics this weekend, but I might go ahead and take some just to see what I look like after a week of zero carbs. 

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2008, 02:00:52 PM »
I have been on Palumbo's fat burner (Lypolyze/Somalyze) for several weeks and will continue that right through the NAs.  I have also started Gaspari's Third Degree Burn last week and am on that now through the NAs.  I will add in Gaspari Thyrotabs for the final 4 weeks.  And I'm a caffeine junkie.   ;D

If you had to compare any of these products to just a regular ECA, which one is better?

i'm thinking about cutting down 15 pounds and due to my work schedule morning cardio is almost impossible, so i wanted some "help". ECA works great for me, but i'd like your opinion on the other stuff.

I agree that your back and erectors look fantastic!

Keep up the good work, you look right on track!

8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
If you had to compare any of these products to just a regular ECA, which one is better?

i'm thinking about cutting down 15 pounds and due to my work schedule morning cardio is almost impossible, so i wanted some "help". ECA works great for me, but i'd like your opinion on the other stuff.

I agree that your back and erectors look fantastic!

Keep up the good work, you look right on track!

8)

If you can handle ECA, it's the way to go.  I can't handle it, I'm a pussy.   ;D

Third Degree Burn is great, but it's discontinued.  The new product is Cytolean, which I like a lot too, but again, I think that none of these will beat a good ECA stack if you can hang with it.

The good thing is that you can take Palumbo's stuff with other stimulant-based fat burners because his is non-stim.  I was skeptical at first, and I had some stomach issues adjusting to it, but I do think that it's effective, and I like the nighttime formula quite a bit because it has melatonin in it and it helps you sleep.

There's a fat burner thread on this board that has a lot of good info/suggestions....

And thanks OL!   :-*

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »

If you can handle ECA, it's the way to go.  I can't handle it, I'm a pussy.   ;D

Third Degree Burn is great, but it's discontinued.  The new product is Cytolean, which I like a lot too, but again, I think that none of these will beat a good ECA stack if you can hang with it.

The good thing is that you can take Palumbo's stuff with other stimulant-based fat burners because his is non-stim.  I was skeptical at first, and I had some stomach issues adjusting to it, but I do think that it's effective, and I like the nighttime formula quite a bit because it has melatonin in it and it helps you sleep.

There's a fat burner thread on this board that has a lot of good info/suggestions....

And thanks OL!   :-*

Awesome!

Thanks for the quick reply, i will read over that thread.

Good luck!

8)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2008, 05:42:54 PM »

I can't post the specifics of my diet for the reasons that you stated, stella... but I will tell you that it's different than anything I have EVER done before.  And it's basically the kind of diet that I have always said I would NEVER do.  That's right... no carbs.   :o

I have replaced all of my complex carbs with fats.  I eliminated protein shakes as well and dropped from seven to six meals (because the fats keep you fuller).  Two servings of fibrous veggies a day and the rest protein and fats. 

It's weird... I thought I would feel a million times worse because any time I have done no carb, I have also done no fat, which is just brutal.  But sprinkling in some fats throughout the day makes a HUGE difference in terms of filling you up and making you feel OK.  I can still function at work, which I am surprised by LOL.  It's Thursday, and I've been on this since Monday, and today is the first day where I feel like I am dragging ass a little bit.  But I have felt better this week than many weeks prior to this one.  And this morning, I had 5 oz. ground buffalo with an omega egg on top, sunny side up... although I would have preferred about 12 oz. and 2-3 eggs, it was a REALLY delicious breakfast!  I get steak and nuts as well, which are two things that I totally crave on my old plan. 

So we'll see what happens.  I wasn't planning on taking progress pics this weekend, but I might go ahead and take some just to see what I look like after a week of zero carbs. 

Thanks rip!  Yes, please take and post the pics.......And that breakfast does sound delicious!
R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2008, 10:17:34 AM »
It's Friday and I am dragging ass.  But I drag ass every Friday, so I can't say for sure it's the lack of carbs.  Something must be working because I weighed in at 122.4 this morning.   :o

I was REALLY tired yesterday too, but I haven't felt terrible this week at all.  I have had fewer migraines this week than previous weeks too (none so far this week and I have really been struggling with them this year). 
I did one hour on the bike yesterday morning and then a tough leg workout last night.  10 mins of climbing stairs after legs was all I could handle.  I got up this morning and did 55 minutes on the elliptical, but I was sore, and it was brutal.  It was one of those cardio sessions where I spent every single minute of it trying to talk myself into staying on the elliptical.  Got it done though.  Gonna do ARMS and another cardio session tonight. 

Here's a summary of my leg workout from yesterday.

SQUATS - ass to calves, you know it!
Barx15
95x15
115x12
145x8
165x6
165x6
165x6
95x15

Seated Calf Raises - with 70 pounds on the bar, I did these in btw squats and SLDLs, probably about 5-6 sets x 15 or so

SLDL - because I haven't deadlifted in a couple of weeks and wanted to hit the hammies
95x15
115x15
135x10
135x10

Leg Extensions - used the Nautilus machine, I think.  I did 5 sets with a squeeze at the top.  Last 2 sets were drop sets (20+ reps), and last two sets were also supersets with the Nautilus lying hammy curl machine, which I also did as a dropset.

I did a couple extra unweighted calf raises on my left calf and a couple extra lying hammy curls with a squeeze on my left hammy, both of which are lagging way behind my right side.   ::)

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:41 PM »
Hi Lori!  We competed together in "figure" a couple years back and I was browsing the message boards and was excited to see that you have a contest thread for bodybuilding!  How exciting!  You are working your butt off, girl, wow!!!  I will bookmark this thread so I can watch you as you count down to show time.  Hang in there with the no-carbs diet....it is sooooo hard!!!  Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Michele W.P.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
Hi Lori!  We competed together in "figure" a couple years back and I was browsing the message boards and was excited to see that you have a contest thread for bodybuilding!  How exciting!  You are working your butt off, girl, wow!!!  I will bookmark this thread so I can watch you as you count down to show time.  Hang in there with the no-carbs diet....it is sooooo hard!!!  Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Michele W.P.

Hey Michele!  Holy cow!  Long time, no see!  Great to hear from you! 
Thanks so much for checking up on me...I'm still at it lol, although my figure days are far behind me now.
Definitely keep in touch... let me know what you're up to this year, and be sure to say HI to your hubby too!  :)

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
I know it's been a long time!  I haven't competed this year and probably won't consider it until next year with my work schedule.  I'm more than happy to live vicariously through you though..LOL..  Yes, I can see - no more figure for you - and I say good for you!  I'm looking forward to those progress pix :)

xoxo
Michele W.P.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2008, 11:31:29 PM »
stay strong lori!!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2008, 10:08:32 PM »

That sounds like a variation of Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale’s anabolic diet (which some would call a variation of a keto type diet).  Are you carb loading 1-2 days per week?   And are you really doing 0 carbs?  You need a minimal amount for brain function...   

And the pics look good.   ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2008, 07:34:20 AM »
That sounds like a variation of Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale’s anabolic diet (which some would call a variation of a keto type diet).  Are you carb loading 1-2 days per week?   And are you really doing 0 carbs?  You need a minimal amount for brain function...   

Thanks Vet.  :)

I did pretty much zero carbs this whole week, except for maybe like 30-40g fibrous veggies, in two servings.  I'm not carb loading YET, one more week I think, and then Carla is going to put carbs back into my diet.  I'm not going zero carb all the way to the show. 

I feel OK, although I have to confess I was voraciously hungry last night - like to the point where I didn't care what I ate - and I put down about 1/3 jar of peanut butter and an extra piece of lean steak.   :-[

I'm not terribly worried about it.  I weighed 121.6 yesterday morning and weighed 122.6 this morning, so I am holding some water - of course on the day when I want to take pics, but whatever.  ::)

Did double cardios Friday and yesterday, shoulders Friday and arms yesterday.  Just did 55 mins on the elliptical this morning, and I will hit the gym later today but I am not sure yet what I am going to lift.  I'll prolly take some pics even though I am a bit watery today.  I'm fairly happy with where my weight is at for just under 5 weeks out. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:24 AM »

Thanks Vet.  :)

I did pretty much zero carbs this whole week, except for maybe like 30-40g fibrous veggies, in two servings.  I'm not carb loading YET, one more week I think, and then Carla is going to put carbs back into my diet.  I'm not going zero carb all the way to the show. 

I feel OK, although I have to confess I was voraciously hungry last night - like to the point where I didn't care what I ate - and I put down about 1/3 jar of peanut butter and an extra piece of lean steak.   :-[
I'm not terribly worried about it.  I weighed 121.6 yesterday morning and weighed 122.6 this morning, so I am holding some water - of course on the day when I want to take pics, but whatever.  ::)

Did double cardios Friday and yesterday, shoulders Friday and arms yesterday.  Just did 55 mins on the elliptical this morning, and I will hit the gym later today but I am not sure yet what I am going to lift.  I'll prolly take some pics even though I am a bit watery today.  I'm fairly happy with where my weight is at for just under 5 weeks out. 

Hahahah Funny!! LOL   :P  Sounds like me from my partying days, damn munchies  ;D   Nice leg work out too Rip thats a good girl  :)

When your body is on zero carbs there is an internal reaction that will convert fats to carbs for survival.  This is involuantary.  I will research the science more if needed.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2008, 09:11:15 AM »
Hahahah Funny!! LOL   :P  Sounds like me from my partying days, damn munchies  ;D   Nice leg work out too Rip thats a good girl  :)

When your body is on zero carbs there is an internal reaction that will convert fats to carbs for survival.  This is involuantary.  I will research the science more if needed.
not trying to argue with you or anything, but that is impossible. Carbs and fats are two totally different entities.

When not consuming carbs your body will turn fats into KETONES which your brain will use for energy. Hence the name, "keto diet"

:)..........I didnt get a degree in this shit for nothing  ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »
not trying to argue with you or anything, but that is impossible. Carbs and fats are two totally different entities.

When not consuming carbs your body will turn fats into KETONES which your brain will use for energy. Hence the name, "keto diet"

:)..........I didnt get a degree in this shit for nothing  ;)

Hey very good, Im not even gonna look it up then.  I just knew there was a conversion process taking place to replace the missing carbs.  Thanks for explaining it further and more accurately.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2008, 03:13:23 PM »
One thing I Have noticed for sure from the keto diet is that while my mood is generally better (I am not as cranky) and I like the food better, my energy levels are in the shitter, and my mental awareness is not all there.  Everything hurts and my legs are very very very tired. 
I am definitely more out of it than I am when I have carbs.   :-\

No pics today, I was way tooo tired to deal with it.  Maybe some in the middle of the week, if not then I will do them at 4 weeks out next weekend.  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2008, 03:26:15 PM »
One thing I Have noticed for sure from the keto diet is that while my mood is generally better (I am not as cranky) and I like the food better, my energy levels are in the shitter, and my mental awareness is not all there.  Everything hurts and my legs are very very very tired. 
I am definitely more out of it than I am when I have carbs.   :-\

No pics today, I was way tooo tired to deal with it.  Maybe some in the middle of the week, if not then I will do them at 4 weeks out next weekend.  :)

thats strange, because your energy levels should stay pretty constant and your mental awareness should be greater since your not having the ups and downs related to your blood sugar surging and lowering all day long. Be sure to watch out over eating your nuts and butters, because they do have carbs in them. And if your eating too much, it can cos you to dip out of ketosis because your having too many of those carbs for your body to go fully into keto. ( just my $ 0.02 )

Most likely your body is still adjusting to it, some people become "fat adapted" in days and others take up to 2 weeks. Dont give up on it yet, since you havent been doing it for too long. After about 10 days u shoudl feel fantastic.

ive ate carbs about 6 times in teh past 8 weeks, and i feel fantastic, and my metabolism is faster than ever, so dont worry, it'll get u there ! :)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »
Once you get into the keto diet...this can take a good wk to adjust...you should start feeling a lot better. From what I've seen, it typically takes most people at least 3-4 days to adjust, but for some reason for some women it can take at least a wk, if not a few days more.

Give it time and you should come around. of course this is assuming that once you're fully in ketosis that you stay in ketosis. If you have an entire day or 2 of carb eating and then go right back into the keto diet, then you will have to start the physicall adjustment all over again. granted, if this happens for whatever reason, it should not take you as long to adjust as it did the first time.