Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110419 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2008, 04:58:51 PM »
Congrats Rip :D

The older lady showed fabulous condition for her age also..

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2008, 05:00:55 PM »
GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: September 01, 2008, 01:40:50 AM »
congrats Lori. you look awesome.
your conditioning is insane. and still look beautiful on stage.

well done  :D

Alex23

« Reply #453 on: September 01, 2008, 02:04:44 AM »
Lori, I wish you and the T-Man were closer... we could go out for drinks.. well every other night now ;D

Congratulation on your unreal display of feminina domination. I feel like a proud brother.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: September 01, 2008, 07:53:04 AM »
Lori, I wish you and the T-Man were closer... we could go out for drinks.. well every other night now ;D

Congratulation on your unreal display of feminina domination. I feel like a proud brother.

Wow you guys sound close!  Either that or Rip has a desperate need to take a shower after reading your post.

I doubt highly her husband goes by "T-Man" sounds sophomoric.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #455 on: September 01, 2008, 07:58:44 AM »
Great job Rip.  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #456 on: September 01, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »
Wow you guys sound close!  Either that or Rip has a desperate need to take a shower after reading your post.

I doubt highly her husband goes by "T-Man" sounds sophomoric.

Actually I can vogue that myself, alex, lori, and the T-MAN! are very close, we've been out for many drinks and keep in touch on a regular basis. :)

Maybe if u make it out to the olympia we'll give u an invite for a few shots and beers!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #457 on: September 01, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »
Actually I can vogue that myself, alex, lori, and the T-MAN! are very close, we've been out for many drinks and keep in touch on a regular basis. :)

Maybe if u make it out to the olympia we'll give u an invite for a few shots and beers!

;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: September 01, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:28 AM »

Will Rip and her hubby be there?  I figured since you guys are very close you might know.

Thanks for the invite, it sounds marvelous!  8)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #460 on: September 01, 2008, 02:45:46 PM »
A 5 second video of Lori posing down with the class winners............

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/bigjoelster/?action=view&current=P8300068.flv

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #461 on: September 01, 2008, 05:22:19 PM »
Hey guys!

We made it back home, and I am unpacking and getting things put back together... what a weekend!!   :D

I have thought alot about the show and reflected on how I did, and I definitely see some things I can improve on for Nationals.  At this point, I am planning on making a run for Nationals in 11 weeks.  This week is kind of a "down week" for me, although I am hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow or as soon as I am not sore.  I will start a LITTLE cardio in the next few days, but nothing crazy.  And the diet has been horrible for two days, but I think I have eaten enough to disgust myself and get over it.   ;D

In general, the areas I want to focus on for the next few weeks are my ABS and back width.  I was a little disappointed that my abs looked a little smooth/watery, given the leanness in my lower body and my striated glutes.  I was THRILLED at how my lower body looked, and I think that I compromised a little size in my upper body to get my lower body that lean.  So I am going to try to work on getting my back a little bigger/wider/thicker in the next few weeks too, while I am eating more and feeling stronger.  Gonna do some good powerlifting workouts in the next few weeks - squats and deadlifts mainly - and gonna start working abs like crazy.  I have very shallow abs anyway, but I need to work them a lot more and try to improve them before Nationals.

MD finally has posted pics from the night show, and here are a few from the overall comparisons.  :)

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: September 01, 2008, 05:26:46 PM »
Another area that I have vowed to work on before Nationals is POSING.  I was so physically destroyed in the 2-3 weeks before this show that I did NO posing practice whatsoever, and I think it showed.  There are some weird things going on with some of my poses.   :-\

Also I did not make up a routine at all, which was a huge mistake.  I totally winged it up there, and it showed too LOL.  I am going to book a guest posing appearance for sometime before Nats to force myself to do a routine and practice.  I knew there would be a time when I regretted not putting together a routine, and it was basically the minute before I walked out on stage and was like WTF am I going to do?!?!  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: September 01, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »
A 5 second video of Lori posing down with the class winners............

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/bigjoelster/?action=view&current=P8300068.flv
;D ;D

Rip was going after them!!

Rip poses nice  :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #464 on: September 01, 2008, 07:13:37 PM »
Looking at the pics u really need to "beef up" your whole upper body
(lats from the front simply aren't there!/no v-taper/straight up and down)
lower body is there......some more arms
lats ull be good.
structurally you have a long torso and narrow clavicles (shoulders),but im not so sure that matters as much in female bodybuilding judging as it does the men

take a look objectively at ur physique ...........like it's someone elses
then try to make the necessary changes

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #465 on: September 01, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »
Damn Lori, that was a tough overall lineup. The woman just to your left in black...who is she? :o Impressive quads. However, you held your own there. You looked great!

Yes, abs and lat width are probably the two main weakness that need to be brought up a tad. But let's focus on the positives too. You were shredded! Awesome quad development. And triceps that make ME jealous! LOL

Keep up posted as you begin your assault on the Nats and obtaining your pro card.  :)
!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: September 01, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »
From the bellybutton down a phenomenal bodybuilder!  ......this pose showcases Lori's "narrowness"

maybe don't hit this pose (not very flattering)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #467 on: September 01, 2008, 10:38:15 PM »
Another area that I have vowed to work on before Nationals is POSING.  I was so physically destroyed in the 2-3 weeks before this show that I did NO posing practice whatsoever, and I think it showed.  There are some weird things going on with some of my poses.   :-\

Also I did not make up a routine at all, which was a huge mistake.  I totally winged it up there, and it showed too LOL.  I am going to book a guest posing appearance for sometime before Nats to force myself to do a routine and practice.  I knew there would be a time when I regretted not putting together a routine, and it was basically the minute before I walked out on stage and was like WTF am I going to do?!?!  ;D

Legs are ready for the Pro's.

PS ... any chance of seeing those striated glutes??? Up close and personal  ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: September 01, 2008, 11:47:59 PM »
From the bellybutton down a phenomenal bodybuilder!  ......this pose showcases Lori's "narrowness"

maybe don't hit this pose (not very flattering)

This is why pictures suck, because lori is obviously in between poses, and it makes her look worse than she shoudl because she is, but lori looked great, no denying that!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:06 AM »
Yeah, that one pic was kind of before I fully hit that pose, but it's not the best pose in the world anyway.  It's sort of a most muscular.
The woman in black is the MW winner...Cheryl Faust I believe.  She had great legs and was really cute too.

Thanks for the feedback guys!  I appreciate constructive criticism.  There is ALWAYS room for improvement.   :)

Like I said, I agree that abs and upper back width need work.  Part of the problem is that I definitely lost some upper body size in order to get my lower body as lean as I did...that's just what happens with women because it's very hard for a woman to get that lean in the lower body.

However, I don't think you can say that my back is lacking detail, as there is a TON of detail in my back...I could just use some more upper width.  My back double bicep is one of my best poses (along with the side poses) and I was told by several people that it was the best back double bi of any of the female competitors at the show. 

Where you can see the weakness is in my back lat spread...like Mike said, I'm narrow through the upper back when I pull it out, and that's what I need to work on.   I'm not sure how much I can improve on that between now and Nationals, but I am going to focus more on it for sure.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: September 02, 2008, 04:39:39 AM »
You looked great Rip!!

Yeah the bigger your legs get the bigger your back has to be.  You have brought your legs to the next level and I know for a fact you will get your upper body there too.  I'm thinking when you can you do 4-5 sets of 12-15 pullups you will be there  ;)  Rear Dbl Bi is great, tons of detail, I have always thought that was one of your best poses.

Your legs really came in nice  :)  Your rods were ridiculous!!

Enjoy some good food Rip and your win.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: September 02, 2008, 05:34:47 AM »
im not just focusing on what needs to be improved
(i noticed your rear double bicep from the back looked sick!)
it's just your lower half is so good..................yo u remind me of a female version of Roger Stewart

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: September 02, 2008, 08:16:42 AM »
I also find it appaling that a "get-bigger" wins her class at the North Americans (almost turns pro)
yet there is no mention of it on the "main board"

there are however 20 threads about some 17 yr old VP's daughter having a baby

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: September 02, 2008, 08:39:32 AM »
I converted this clip of Lori to "you-tube" format

~weed~

« Reply #474 on: September 02, 2008, 10:49:59 AM »

Way to to Lori!!!!!    You looked gorgeous!!!!!!      Great Job!!!!

ps- I hate you and ate Nilla Cakesters to show how much!!!! 
   ;D