Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110300 times)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #475 on: September 02, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
I also find it appaling that a "get-bigger" wins her class at the North Americans (almost turns pro)
yet there is no mention of it on the "main board"

there are however 20 threads about some 17 yr old VP's daughter having a baby

Maybe because women are routinely attacked in the open forum.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #476 on: September 02, 2008, 12:13:48 PM »
WOW!!!
You look darling in that video too rip :)

R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #477 on: September 02, 2008, 12:47:06 PM »
I also find it appaling that a "get-bigger" wins her class at the North Americans (almost turns pro)

LOL!!  I searched high and low on the G&O for my "ripitupbaby is a man" hate thread and couldn't find it anywhere!   :D

Thanks for converting the clip to youtube Mike!

I have a bunch of candids still to sort through, so when I have a chance this week, I will try to get a few more pics posted up. 

We have decided to travel down to NYC for Team U this weekend, as I am planning on doing some photo shoots etc, and Friday is my husband's birthday, so we are going to throw down in the Big Apple this weekend.  Then it's back to the grind next week.  I did manage to get up this morning and take a 30 minute walk, just so that I don't get myself TOO far away from my routine.  The more I can stay in the groove now, the less painful the next 11 weeks will be.  We're headed to the gym tonight too, although I am still a bit sore in the lower body...gonna try to do a chest/tri workout tonight!  Feeling good!  :)

I have two 1/2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer to finish off in the next couple days, and the rest of The BEAST's baked goods, one big lunch with my co-workers next week, and the weekend in NYC, and after that, I think I'll be back on track for the most part.  I actually had omega eggs and rice for breakfast this morning, nuts mid-morning, and sirloin with veggies and rice for lunch, so I am TRYING not to turn into a total pork chop!   ;D

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #478 on: September 02, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

Way to to Lori!!!!!    You looked gorgeous!!!!!!      Great Job!!!!

ps- I hate you and ate Nilla Cakesters to show how much!!!! 
   ;D

Thanks weed!!!   :-*
I may have to have some Nilla Cakesters too, those sound good, whatever they are.  ;D

WOW!!!
You look darling in that video too rip :)

Thank you stella for everything, I love you dweetir!!   :-*

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #479 on: September 02, 2008, 01:00:12 PM »

Too many pages to read, what do you mean almost turned pro? I thought she won her class or whatever, thus earning pro status?
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: September 02, 2008, 01:06:32 PM »
Too many pages to read, what do you mean almost turned pro? I thought she won her class or whatever, thus earning pro status?

At this particular show, IFBB Pro Status was only awarded to the Overall winner, not the class winners.  The NPC Nationals is the ONLY show where they award pro status to the class winners.  That's in November. 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #481 on: September 02, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »

At this particular show, IFBB Pro Status was only awarded to the Overall winner, not the class winners.  The NPC Nationals is the ONLY show where they award pro status to the class winners.  That's in November. 

Ahh, well good job anyway. Not much of a judge of female BBing, but you looked like you got into great condition.
E

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: September 02, 2008, 01:28:13 PM »
Ahh, well good job anyway. Not much of a judge of female BBing, but you looked like you got into great condition.

Thanks danielson.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: September 02, 2008, 01:53:52 PM »
I converted this clip of Lori to "you-tube" format

Nice job, thanks Mike.

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #484 on: September 02, 2008, 03:18:49 PM »

LOL!!  I searched high and low on the G&O for my "ripitupbaby is a man" hate thread and couldn't find it anywhere!   :D

Thanks for converting the clip to youtube Mike!

I have a bunch of candids still to sort through, so when I have a chance this week, I will try to get a few more pics posted up. 

We have decided to travel down to NYC for Team U this weekend, as I am planning on doing some photo shoots etc, and Friday is my husband's birthday, so we are going to throw down in the Big Apple this weekend.  Then it's back to the grind next week.  I did manage to get up this morning and take a 30 minute walk, just so that I don't get myself TOO far away from my routine.  The more I can stay in the groove now, the less painful the next 11 weeks will be.  We're headed to the gym tonight too, although I am still a bit sore in the lower body...gonna try to do a chest/tri workout tonight!  Feeling good!  :)

I have two 1/2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer to finish off in the next couple days, and the rest of The BEAST's baked goods, one big lunch with my co-workers next week, and the weekend in NYC, and after that, I think I'll be back on track for the most part.  I actually had omega eggs and rice for breakfast this morning, nuts mid-morning, and sirloin with veggies and rice for lunch, so I am TRYING not to turn into a total pork chop!   ;D

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS LORI!!!  I am so proud of you and you look gorgeous in that purple suit - what a PERFECT pick!!! You really worked for this and must be so excited about your win - congrats again - you really look beautiful on stage, girl - and SHREDDED!!! WOW!!!!

Enjoy that ice cream! 

xoxo
Michele W.P.

DougSmith

• Getbig II
« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2008, 07:45:38 PM »
Hi Rip

Congrats on your win.  I see  a pro card in your future at the Nats!

Best

Doug

AVBG

« Reply #486 on: September 02, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
on a roll now Lori. whats the gameplan for the nex 11 weeks? are you going to break up the training into different stages to peak for the nats? what are your realistic expectations for the back?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:20 AM »
Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS LORI!!!  I am so proud of you and you look gorgeous in that purple suit - what a PERFECT pick!!! You really worked for this and must be so excited about your win - congrats again - you really look beautiful on stage, girl - and SHREDDED!!! WOW!!!!

Enjoy that ice cream! 

xoxo
Michele W.P.

Thanks Michele!!   And thanks for cheering me on...it was great to find you here before the show and know that you were behind me all the way!!   :-*

On to Nats... let's hope the next 11 weeks are not as bad as the last 11 LOL!   :-\

Hi Rip

Congrats on your win.  I see  a pro card in your future at the Nats!

Best

Doug

Thanks Doug!  Still looking forward to working with you guys, hopefully in Atlanta.  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: September 03, 2008, 04:31:36 AM »
on a roll now Lori. whats the gameplan for the nex 11 weeks? are you going to break up the training into different stages to peak for the nats? what are your realistic expectations for the back?

The next 11 weeks are going to be interesting for sure.  I have never tried to compete in two major BB shows in the same year, so it's hard to know what to expect during this "bridging" time.  Realistically, I don't think I can expect to acheive much growth in my back, especially once I am back in a calorie deficit.  I think there ARE things I can definitely work on and improve on for Nationals, though. 

In general, here's my plan:
---This week is pretty much an off week.  I am training and doing some cardio, but I am not dieting (I'm not binging and going TOTALLY crazy either).  I am lifting as heavy as I can when I go to the gym because I actually feel GOOD.  I took a 40 min walk this morning and am just generally trying to stay in the routine.  Gonna polish off the ice cream and goodies in the next couple of days, then go to NYC this weekend for Team U and party a little bit, and then that's about it for the down time.
---Next week I will get back into a more regular routine with cardio once a day and a cleaner diet.  I am going to keep some things like whole eggs and nuts and steak in the diet though. 
---I am still working through a rebound, so I am taking some herbal diuretics (dandelion, etc) for a couple of weeks and drinking as much water as I can.  I will not step on the scale until about 9 weeks out (two more weeks), and hopefully when I do step on the scale, I won't be more than 125.  Here's to hoping! :-\
---Based on my weight at that point, I'll get back on the diet and adjust the cardio accordingly.  I am planning on getting back on my 12 weeks out diet when I am 9 weeks out from Nats, and I am hoping to only have to do double cardios for the last 6 weeks or so. 
I'll adjust as I need to once I get through this week and next week, and I'll keep you posted as to what is going on.  I will probably take my next round of progress pics at 8 weeks out from Nationals.  Hopefully they will look alot better than the 8 weeks out pics that are in this thread...they better!!!

Training-wise, I am going to:
---Do ABS at least three times a week.  I can definitely improve on my abs.  I slacked on abs this last go around, and I have very shallow abs anyway, so I need to start working the shit out of them and see if I can get them any denser.  My goals with my abs for Nats are (1) build them up as much as possible between now and then and (2) don't stress my body out to the point where I release cortisol the week of the show and end up with a film of water on them.  ::)
---Do all wide grip training for my back (in addition to deadlifts, of course).  Every excercise will be wide grip.  I MAY do back twice a week for the next several weeks, and definitely wide pullups at least twice a week.
---Maintain my leg size.  SQUATS!!!  ASS TO CALVES!  I am convinced that my squatting is what resulted in such major improvements in my legs, so I am hoping to get some good heavy squat workouts in during the next several weeks before I need to back it down again as the show gets closer.
---Do upper body work at least four times a week, possibly five.  I need to do back possibly twice, shoulders at least once a week in addition to chest, and then an arm day focusing more on biceps. 
---Work on my posing and make up a damn routine.  I am not going to let myself go into Nationals without the practice I need and without a routine.  I think that I will guest pose at Mike Katz's show in CT on November 1 so that I force myself to put a routine together.

I'll update this thread as I move through the upcoming weeks and we see how things go.  This is a first for me, so I have no idea what to expect.  I just hope that I can come into Nationals looking as good or better than I did at the NA's, but 11 weeks is a long time to try to hold on to what I've got.   :-\

I would be happy with a Top 5 placing at Nationals, but my goal is Top 3, and my ultimate goal is of course a win, but I have no expectations at this point... just hopes.  :)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: September 03, 2008, 05:14:13 AM »
Great plan Rip I really think you will be able to go into the Nationals better than the NA.

Keep on track, stay calm, confident and focused the whole way.  You will be going into this thing with a great body and a killer track record, you will be getting looked at.

Keep doing what you do Ripbaby  8)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #490 on: September 03, 2008, 05:52:02 AM »
This might sound a little strange but....stay away from anyone with even a little sniffle or a cough!
(depleted like this for an extended period of time KILLS your immune system )
i up my Vit C intake and take a Multi vit/Multi Min twice a day (ask Laura.. if we are at the grocery store and someone coughs or sneezes i literally run the other way lol!)
The Gym = a breeding ground for coughs/colds/germs so wash your hands often with anti-bacterial soap,
also carry a small bottle (purell or something) with you

good luck Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps:  Kick Sum Ass!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: September 03, 2008, 06:40:42 AM »
Hey Rip, question, the girl that was in your class (she looked asian) is listed on MD as having done the Olympia in 97 (I think was the year), why was she doing a national level show if she had already done an Olympia?
:D Weee

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #492 on: September 03, 2008, 08:06:09 AM »
do more reverse medium grip pulldown and rowing movements Rip, those are the width builders, those are the two movements Dorian believed in for back width and thickness, i remember Bob Chick saying the same thing "wide grip for inner back, narrow grip for outer back"

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #493 on: September 03, 2008, 08:17:51 AM »
lol!

(lotta questions/advice here)

Rip ..........do u think a deep conditioner is better for the hair than a "daily"?

also do u prefer powdered or liquid dishwaher detergent and why?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: September 03, 2008, 01:29:23 PM »
I agree about staying away from sick people.  I am taking tons of Vit C every day as well as Vit B and ZMA.  I got that terrible UTI at about 3 weeks out from the NA's, and that was sort of the beginning of a terrible couple of weeks leading up to the show for me. I am hopeful to keep myself healthy through this prep.

Laura, that is Ana Sanchez, she is a Mexican competitor who hardly spoke a word of English.  She's definitely an amateur, not sure why she would have been listed as a competitor at the O.   ???

I prefer a daily conditioner and liquid dish detergent.   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: September 03, 2008, 01:58:47 PM »
A few candids from backstage.  HUGE thanks to my trainer Carla Salotti, the mighty lightweight.   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:10 PM »
Last couple... Carla did NOT eat the macaroon BTW...she is prepping for the AC Pro next weekend.   8)

BEAST made the macaroons and they were incredible.  I had the last two for breakfast this morning.   ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #497 on: September 03, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »
Awesome results RIP!

Now go repeat at the Nationals!

Good luck!

8)

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #498 on: September 03, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »
Hey Rip, question, the girl that was in your class (she looked asian) is listed on MD as having done the Olympia in 97 (I think was the year), why was she doing a national level show if she had already done an Olympia?

Just an MD fuck up.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: September 03, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »
Laura, that is Ana Sanchez, she is a Mexican competitor who hardly spoke a word of English.  She's definitely an amateur, not sure why she would have been listed as a competitor at the O.   ???

It does say she's from PR.
:D Weee