Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110447 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2008, 05:08:45 AM »
How do you usually prepare your chicken to eat it so many times a day without wanting to barf?  :-X Do you feel full all day or are you usually hungry? When I eat 7+ times a day like you do I am usually constantly hungry. I am far better off eating 4 slightly larger meals when eating clean.

CONSTANTLY hungry... but that's how you know it's working and your metabolism is cranked.  :)

I grill all of my chicken.  Ms. Dash for the most part, although I have been using some soy sauce and Ms. Dash teryaki marinade lately, because I can.  I'll cut that stuff out at about 6 weeks.  I do a HUGE grill on Sundays, put all the chicken in ziploc bags and refrigerate/freeze it so that it'll last me till about Thursday or even Friday for the frozen stuff. 

I hate eating chicken that often and sometimes I does make me want to barf LOL.  About 2-3 times during the week, I usually get a steamed red snapper fillet for $13 from the sushi restaurant in town and use that for two meals a day.  And sometimes I'll have egg whites at night instead of chicken.  :P

:)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:25 AM »

CONSTANTLY hungry... but that's how you know it's working and your metabolism is cranked.  :)

I grill all of my chicken.  Ms. Dash for the most part, although I have been using some soy sauce and Ms. Dash teryaki marinade lately, because I can.  I'll cut that stuff out at about 6 weeks.  I do a HUGE grill on Sundays, put all the chicken in ziploc bags and refrigerate/freeze it so that it'll last me till about Thursday or even Friday for the frozen stuff. 

I hate eating chicken that often and sometimes I does make me want to barf LOL.  About 2-3 times during the week, I usually get a steamed red snapper fillet for $13 from the sushi restaurant in town and use that for two meals a day.  And sometimes I'll have egg whites at night instead of chicken.  :P

Dont cut that out Rip! u need the sodium to get a pump, no need to even worry about sodium, til the last few days :)

Also how does flounder and salmon taste?? Ive never had em. Im on a orange roughy kick, thats the best white fish ive had!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »
Dont cut that out Rip! u need the sodium to get a pump, no need to even worry about sodium, til the last few days :)

Also how does flounder and salmon taste?? Ive never had em. Im on a orange roughy kick, thats the best white fish ive had!

Flounder is "OK" but a bit fishy.  Salmon is fishy but SOOOO good.  Salmon is high in fat content though (good fat), so it's not on my list for a lowfat/lowcal diet.  Works well with a keto diet.  I had a piece of salmon every day when i did no carbs for 8 days, and I loved it. 

I'll give the roughy a go... I had Chilean Sea Bass the other week, and I hated it.  Way too fishy.  Steamed red snapper from the sushi restaurant is the cleanest white fish (clean as in pretty much tasteless) except for maybe haddock.

I got new sneakers and did a 50 minute hill walk this morning.  Legs are now tired, but I am gonna hit the gym tonight and MAYBE do a second cardio session after I train.  :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: September 16, 2008, 12:51:26 AM »

Flounder is "OK" but a bit fishy.  Salmon is fishy but SOOOO good.  Salmon is high in fat content though (good fat), so it's not on my list for a lowfat/lowcal diet.  Works well with a keto diet.  I had a piece of salmon every day when i did no carbs for 8 days, and I loved it. 

I'll give the roughy a go... I had Chilean Sea Bass the other week, and I hated it.  Way too fishy.  Steamed red snapper from the sushi restaurant is the cleanest white fish (clean as in pretty much tasteless) except for maybe haddock.

I got new sneakers and did a 50 minute hill walk this morning.  Legs are now tired, but I am gonna hit the gym tonight and MAYBE do a second cardio session after I train.  :)

sorry, im so out of it, i meant how does snapper taste, not salmon lol. I eat salmon on a weekly basis lol.

I need some carbs, my brain aint functioning right :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2008, 05:15:51 AM »
sorry, im so out of it, i meant how does snapper taste, not salmon lol. I eat salmon on a weekly basis lol.

I need some carbs, my brain aint functioning right :)

LOL!  You should be eating carbs very soon.  ;)

Red snapper is a good choice for a nice white fish with little fishy flavor.  I like it alot! 

I did a mean bicep and ab workout last night with 30 mins on the elliptical afterwards.  I did my hill walk this morning, 50 mins.  Legs are TIRED.  I am going to chill on the cardio for most of the rest of this week - single sessions only, no more doubles - so that I can last another 9 weeks! 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:50 AM »

Red snapper is a good choice for a nice white fish with little fishy flavor.  I like it alot! 

I did a mean bicep and ab workout last night with 30 mins on the elliptical afterwards.  I did my hill walk this morning, 50 mins.  Legs are TIRED.  I am going to chill on the cardio for most of the rest of this week - single sessions only, no more doubles - so that I can last another 9 weeks! 

yea give those ripped wheels of yours a rest, your already in shape. :)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »

You're sexy, Lori.  :)
!

AVBG

« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
eating chicken more than 2-3 times a week makes me gag :-X

However, eating steak I can do easily 2-3 times a day!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2008, 05:58:15 PM »

We'll all come to your funeral shortly before your 50th birthday.  :'(
!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: September 17, 2008, 04:09:35 AM »
You're sexy, Lori.  :)

haha I totally agree. I am so lucky right now that I can have some steak in my diet... I went weeks on just chicken and egg whites for my prep for the NAs.

SO I finally broke down, I couldn't resist anymore, I weighed myself last night and again this morning to see where I am at.
I weighed 118.2 this morning.   :o

I am pretty surprised.  It's a much different place to be at just over 9 weeks out (versus 130 at 9 weeks out from the NAs).  I am going to try to maintain some sort of holding pattern for a few weeks, which I have never really done before. 

I did a really good chest/tricep workout last night, no double cardio, and then I slept extra this morning and skipped cardio.  I am doing a spin class at lunchtime though.  Here is my chest workout from last night.  I am happy with the numbers given my bodyweight.

INCLINE DB PRESS (the incline was pretty low, about 40 degrees)
30x20
40x15
50x10/3 sets

CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
95x15
115x12/2 sets

INCLINE DB FLIES -17.5 lbs x 15, 20 lbs x 12

HAMMER STRENGTH CHEST PRESS - this was almost like a decline press.  3 sets x 8 with 35 pounds on each side, I was getting fried!

PEC DECK - 3 sets, last two sets were drop sets about 25 reps

TRICEP CABLE EXTENSIONS (ROPE) - 4 sets x as many as I could do, I lost count but about 10-15

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #560 on: September 17, 2008, 04:25:20 AM »

haha I totally agree. I am so lucky right now that I can have some steak in my diet... I went weeks on just chicken and egg whites for my prep for the NAs.

SO I finally broke down, I couldn't resist anymore, I weighed myself last night and again this morning to see where I am at.
I weighed 118.2 this morning.   :o

I am pretty surprised.  It's a much different place to be at just over 9 weeks out (versus 130 at 9 weeks out from the NAs).  I am going to try to maintain some sort of holding pattern for a few weeks, which I have never really done before. 

I did a really good chest/tricep workout last night, no double cardio, and then I slept extra this morning and skipped cardio.  I am doing a spin class at lunchtime though.  Here is my chest workout from last night.  I am happy with the numbers given my bodyweight.

INCLINE DB PRESS (the incline was pretty low, about 40 degrees)
30x20
40x15
50x10/3 sets

CLOSE GRIP BENCH PRESS
95x15
115x12/2 sets

INCLINE DB FLIES -17.5 lbs x 15, 20 lbs x 12

HAMMER STRENGTH CHEST PRESS - this was almost like a decline press.  3 sets x 8 with 35 pounds on each side, I was getting fried!

PEC DECK - 3 sets, last two sets were drop sets about 25 reps

TRICEP CABLE EXTENSIONS (ROPE) - 4 sets x as many as I could do, I lost count but about 10-15

Nice chest training.  You are strong enough to hold your size.  Staying ready till the next show can be tricky, sounds like you are about right where you should be though. I would not go over 120lbs by much.  Adjust your food and cardio to stay in the range, sounds like you have lessened the cardio some which is a good idea for now.  Being just 5-7 lbs over your comp weight should let you coast into the show by just turning the screws tighter a bit the last 2-3 weeks or so.

Would love to see you hit the stage as hard but right at the class limit those 3-4 lbs will look like 7-8 lbs of muscle on you.

This is very exciting Rip and thanks for giving us all here some inspiration and sharing your energy with us, it has not gone unnoticed, Rip Baby is a machine  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: September 17, 2008, 06:44:02 AM »
Nice chest training.  You are strong enough to hold your size.  Staying ready till the next show can be tricky, sounds like you are about right where you should be though. I would not go over 120lbs by much.  Adjust your food and cardio to stay in the range, sounds like you have lessened the cardio some which is a good idea for now.  Being just 5-7 lbs over your comp weight should let you coast into the show by just turning the screws tighter a bit the last 2-3 weeks or so.

Would love to see you hit the stage as hard but right at the class limit those 3-4 lbs will look like 7-8 lbs of muscle on you.

This is very exciting Rip and thanks for giving us all here some inspiration and sharing your energy with us, it has not gone unnoticed, Rip Baby is a machine  :)

Thanks Luv, I appreciate that!   :-*

It IS tricky to hold conditioning for TWELVE WEEKS, I am not sure how many people realize how tricky it is.  It's a new challenge for me... but better I suppose than having to drop 15 pounds in the next 9 weeks.  I am going to try to stay at or under 120 till about 6 weeks out and then bring it home in the final few weeks.  I really hope that I don't weigh in any less than I did at the NAs because I don't think that I need to be any more conditioned than I was at the NAs.  If anything, like you said, I would just like to be bigger!   ;D

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: September 17, 2008, 08:10:39 AM »

Thanks Luv, I appreciate that!   :-*

It IS tricky to hold conditioning for TWELVE WEEKS, I am not sure how many people realize how tricky it is.  It's a new challenge for me... but better I suppose than having to drop 15 pounds in the next 9 weeks.  I am going to try to stay at or under 120 till about 6 weeks out and then bring it home in the final few weeks.  I really hope that I don't weigh in any less than I did at the NAs because I don't think that I need to be any more conditioned than I was at the NAs.  If anything, like you said, I would just like to be bigger!   ;D

I think you can, if you are, you'd definetely be the most complete in the LW class. With a combination of symmetry, asthetics, conditioning, and femininity ( good looks :)  ) that u dont see in female bb'ing much anymore. It would be a cant be beat package.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: September 17, 2008, 10:14:14 AM »

Ditto this.  And thanks for posting your workouts and some of your meal plans :)
R

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #564 on: September 17, 2008, 12:11:44 PM »

I agree

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: September 17, 2008, 06:01:54 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm looking forward to it!
Stella, I'll try to keep you updated and post some more of my meal plans and workouts.  :)

What I am really looking forward to is seeing my chiropractor tomorrow.  I have figured out that the leg pain I am feeling is from a major misalignment in my lower back, which is sending shooting pains down both legs.  I think that once I get fixed, I will be good to go for a while.  :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: September 17, 2008, 07:17:21 PM »
Thanks guys!  I'm looking forward to it!
Stella, I'll try to keep you updated and post some more of my meal plans and workouts.  :)

Thank you so much!  (and thanks for those pics too!)

What I am really looking forward to is seeing my chiropractor tomorrow.  I have figured out that the leg pain I am feeling is from a major misalignment in my lower back, which is sending shooting pains down both legs.  I think that once I get fixed, I will be good to go for a while.  :)

Rip, not sure if you've mentioned it but you would probably benefit greatly from massage 1ce/week or 1ce/2 weeks.
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #567 on: September 18, 2008, 07:29:40 AM »
Whatever happened to that interview with bodybuilding.com??  (isaac)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #568 on: September 18, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »
wow, looks like you're really training hard Rip, goos stuff.

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #569 on: September 18, 2008, 09:03:31 AM »
Hey girl - that's great that you are 118lbs - you should be able to maintain that and as long as you don't do the double cardios, you can still put on some muscle in time for the next show.  You don't need doubles right now - you are at a great weight and your body needs the rest or it won't cooperate.  As for those abs, girl, hit 'em hard.  I mean - hard - I don't care what people say about hanging leg raises (some people say they only work your hip flexors) - build yourself up to doing sets of 50+ (knees slighly bent so you target the abs more) - and add a medicine ball between your feet!!!!  Oh and don't forget to do crunches holding weights above you.  Seriously, I built some serious abs by working them this way (they looked like a lobster tail!!).  Especially hanging leg raises....I don't ad weights to side bends because they add too much thickness to the waist line - and I see that making you lose your symmetry.  Anyways, don't beat yourself up over the mini-cheats (almonds are HARDLY a cheat :) )- tomorrow is another day!   :-*

xoxo
Michele W.P.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: September 19, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »
Thanks, I AM training hard.  I am trying to take advantage of this time as much as I can, before I really have to turn the screws and tighten everything up more for Nationals.  I will stay under 120 pounds until 4-6 weeks out, no matter what, but I am trying to lift heavier and focus more on my weight training and less on cardio right now.

Went to the chiro and got adjusted... he said my sacrum/hips were so out of whack that it was cutting off some of the blood supply to my lower body, which is prolly why my legs have been so tired.  He even adjusted my knees.   :o

Stella - I am not a huge fan, but I have been looking into massage, and I may go to sports massage once or twice a week in the next several weeks if I can afford it.

Mike - not sure what happened to the video... good question.   ???

Michele - 50?!?!!  :o
That's how you got your abs looking so nice, huh?  ;)
I with ya though... hanging leg raises (I'll work my way up to 50 if I can!), weighted ab crunches...for sure!  And no oblique training... I haven't trained my obliques in over 2 years and my waist is actually 2 inches smaller than it was when I competed in 2006!
Thanks so much for the advice.  I am trying to hit my abs much more this time around, and I will dedicate my next ab workout to you!   :-*

We're going racing this weekend.... I hope... my husband is terribly sick in bed right now, and I feel awful for him.  He's in rough shape.  I am just trying to help him out this weekend and somehow keep myself from getting sick.  40 mins of cardio this morning, and a shoulder workout tonight... and then no cardio or weight training for me Sat or Sunday... just physical activity at the track if we go.  :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:50 AM »
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: September 19, 2008, 10:01:50 AM »
  :o
Don't worry Stella.  I'm a huge fan of yours.   :D
:D Weee

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: September 19, 2008, 10:16:28 AM »
Don't worry Stella.  I'm a huge fan of yours.   :D
hahaha ;D back atcha

I'm shocked that rip isn't a fan of massage.  It's great!
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: September 19, 2008, 10:58:51 AM »
hahaha ;D back atcha

I'm shocked that rip isn't a fan of massage.  It's great!
Some people don't like being touched (especially by strangers), or are very ticklish so they cannot enjoy it.
:D Weee