Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110252 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #575 on: September 19, 2008, 01:19:26 PM »
  :o

hahha I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOURS STELLA!!   :-*

I don't really know why I don't like massage.  I am a bit ticklish but not that bad... just never really got into it.  It usually hurts me too much, and I am a wimp.   :-[

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: September 19, 2008, 01:29:22 PM »
I've been scoping out the competition for the LW class at Nationals.   ;D

So far, it looks like some of the front-runners include Tammy Patnode, Barbara Fletcher, and Cassie Faucett (sp?). 

Tammy placed third at last year's Nationals and will no doubt come in shredded to the bone.  Her legs are crazy!   :o

Barbara probably carries the MOST muscle out of any LW competitor EVER.  If she brings it in with conditioning to match, she will be tough to beat.  She placed second at the 2006 Nationals with the best conditioning I have ever seen her have, and she just recently placed second at the 2008 USAs in Vegas.

Cassie placed very well at last year's Nationals as well. 

Here are some pics of Tammy from last year's Nationals (2007). 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: September 19, 2008, 01:30:28 PM »
Barbara Fletcher from the 2006 Nationals and the 2008 USAs.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #578 on: September 19, 2008, 01:31:55 PM »
And Cassie from Nationals last year. 

It's going to be a very tough competition.  I'm sure there are more quality LWs who will be there in addition to these ladies!   8)

I'll have to think about competing with these ladies for motivation over the next 9 weeks!   :o

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #579 on: September 19, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »
Hi Lori,
what do think of this chick? she is pretty impressive and has to be considered a front runner placing 2nd at last years nationals. It seems that it was her first national show..She could be a real threat to anyone.. her name is Galina
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: September 19, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »
Hi Lori,
what do think of this chick? she is pretty impressive and has to be considered a front runner placing 2nd at last years nationals. It seems that it was her first national show..She could be a real threat to anyone.. her name is Galina

Oh Galina is awesome... a major threat alright.  My sources tell me that she is not competing at Nationals this year, though.  Definitely let me know if you hear otherwise!!   ;D

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #581 on: September 19, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »

hahha I AM A HUGE FAN OF YOURS STELLA!!   :-*

I don't really know why I don't like massage.  I am a bit ticklish but not that bad... just never really got into it.  It usually hurts me too much, and I am a wimp.   :-[

hahahha!  Me too you rip :-*

I'm ticklish too, on the sides but maybe you should try a deep sports massage.  Anyway, glad your chiro snapped you back into place and I must say that the gals you posted here on this page have absolutely gorgeous physiques!

Rip, what is the date of Nationals again please?

R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: September 20, 2008, 05:21:39 PM »
hahahha!  Me too you rip :-*

I'm ticklish too, on the sides but maybe you should try a deep sports massage.  Anyway, glad your chiro snapped you back into place and I must say that the gals you posted here on this page have absolutely gorgeous physiques!

Rip, what is the date of Nationals again please?

Thanks stella... Nationals is November 21.  Nine weeks from yesterday.... 62 days from now.  It really couldn't come soon enough for me.  I am so sick of dieting that it's not even funny.   >:(

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #583 on: September 20, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »

Thanks stella... Nationals is November 21.  Nine weeks from yesterday.... 62 days from now.  It really couldn't come soon enough for me.  I am so sick of dieting that it's not even funny.   >:(

Good luck Rip, you are such an incredible person and athlete.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: September 20, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »
Good luck Rip, you are such an incredible person and athlete.

Thanks Jedi.  Good to see you back around these parts. ;)

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2008, 08:03:51 PM »

Dont worry Lori, as you get closer you will love every minute of it. I usually dred the start of the prep but as i diet longer and my bodyfat gets lower and lower, i love it even more. My favorite is the last 2 weeks when your crazy dry and shredded. Hang in there, 62 days goes by quick!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #586 on: September 21, 2008, 12:55:49 AM »

Yea I'd be sick of dieting too if i did it from april to november!  >:(

But hang in there, your an unbelievable motivation for us all! Thanx for your hard work and remarkable accomplishments, it pushes and helps more people than u know!!

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #587 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21:02 AM »
Hi Lori,

Hey Alex. How are you and the family?    the Nationals was not Galina's first national show, she won the lightweight class at the USA over the summer in 2007.   I have also heard that she won't be competing this year at Nationals. 
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Claire

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #588 on: September 21, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

I hear you girl,   how the hell are you other then going crazy with dieting.   like you the show just can't get here soon enough.    see ya soon.
IFBB Pro Bodybuilder

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #589 on: September 21, 2008, 11:29:40 AM »
Hey Alex. How are you and the family?    the Nationals was not Galina's first national show, she won the lightweight class at the USA over the summer in 2007.   I have also heard that she won't be competing this year at Nationals. 

Good to hear from you. I will see you at the NPC San Francisco.. I was at the Tournament of Champions this weekend.. It was a decent show.. 

Things are going good, keeping busy as possible and focused as ever.. 9 weeks is going to go by quick and i just want to bring it, not have any excuses..  take care.. see you soon.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: September 22, 2008, 04:36:30 AM »
Two months from yesterday...  ::)

hahaha it's all good  ;D

Claire, Alex, I can't wait to finally meet you guys in person!  It's gonna be a great time down there. :)

We raced all weekend, it was a really crazy weekend at the track, the bike ran really well after some initial troubles and my husband went 8.08 seconds in the 1/4 mile.   Good times! 8)
I did plenty of running around and physical activity at the track both days, I was exhausted!  45 mins cardio this morning, and now I am totally late for work!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #591 on: September 23, 2008, 05:23:47 AM »
I did a mean back and ab workout last night.  I don't remember all of the numbers but here's what I did from what I recall..

Chin Ups - 3 sets wide grip (12, 10, 8 ), 2 sets close grip (10 each).  Super-setted several of them with hanging leg raises (15-20 reps... I can't do 50+ yet but I thought of Michele :D).  Ended up doing about 5 sets of leg raises. 

Medium Grip Seated Cable Rows - 4 sets, 12-15 each.  Super-setted the last two sets with cable pullovers x 10 and then did another 2 sets of cable pullovers. 

5 sets x 15 of weighted ab crunches using cables on my knees.  Supersetted the last three sets with DB bicep curls 20/25 poundsx 12-15.

Wide grip lat pulldown 3 sets x 10.
Wide grip upper back row machine 3 sets x 10. 
Life Fitness Ab crunch machine 3 sets x as many as I could do, dropping the weight down, about 40 reps each.

Went for a 45 minute hill walk/jog this morning... I love outside cardio!!

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #592 on: September 23, 2008, 06:07:57 AM »
Hey Rip I am new to this forum, but I have been following your prep, as well Beasts. Wow, you two give me alot of inspiration to keep going! You go girl! You looked fantastic in you last show! I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with beast. If I could get my body Like either one of you I will be a happy camper!

Looking to make my 1st national debut at the 2009 Masters Nationals in PA. I'm a LW.

Hey Tim, I finally got my password fixed!!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: September 23, 2008, 01:48:52 PM »
Hey Rip I am new to this forum, but I have been following your prep, as well Beasts. Wow, you two give me alot of inspiration to keep going! You go girl! You looked fantastic in you last show! I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with beast. If I could get my body Like either one of you I will be a happy camper!

Looking to make my 1st national debut at the 2009 Masters Nationals in PA. I'm a LW.

Cool little D is here  ;)

Little D is a Competitive FBB and an awsome girl.  She won the overall in FBB at the Continetal USA last year as a LW and beat out a strong HVY contender.  She is a PT at the gym i train at and trains girls for figure and BB.

Would love to see her take it to the next level next year at the Masters Nationals.  She is strong and trains very hard and Iam certian will do well in whatever comp she enters.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2008, 04:36:50 AM »

Cool little D is here  ;)

Little D is a Competitive FBB and an awsome girl.  She won the overall in FBB at the Continetal USA last year as a LW and beat out a strong HVY contender.  She is a PT at the gym i train at and trains girls for figure and BB.

Would love to see her take it to the next level next year at the Masters Nationals.  She is strong and trains very hard and Iam certian will do well in whatever comp she enters.

Awesome, thanks Little D! :)

Best of luck to you too...Nice to see more LWs on the scene!   8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: September 26, 2008, 04:19:06 AM »
Did a 50 minute hill walk yesterday morning, and then legs last night.  I hurt my lower back again. 
I'm weak with the squats these days.  I got my back fixed last week and skipped squats.  Last night, I went light/high rep, but I felt "loose" in the hips on the last set, and my back totally popped out at the bottom on the last rep.  I am going to have to see my chiro ASAP because it hurts to walk!

I managed to get through the leg workout, and I am glad I got through some squats first but still... weak... ::)

Squats, ass to calves - barx20, 95x15, 115x15, 125x10 (ouch)
Hammer Strength Leg Extension - 2 sets 25 lbs/side x 15, 2 sets 35/side x 15, 2 sets 45/side x 10
Seated Hammy Curls - 4 sets x 15
Straight Leg Calf Extension - 3 sets x alot
Seated calf raise - 4 sets x alot
Abductor machine (outer thigh) - 2 dropsets x alot
Lying Hammy Curl - 2 sets 1 leg at a time x 10

Swamped at work and travelling next week , so I am going to try to get my back fixed tomorrow morning if I can get in there! 

No cardio this morning for obvious reasons...

8 weeks out.  119.6 pounds this morning and retaining quite a bit of water.   :P

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #596 on: September 26, 2008, 04:23:25 AM »
Sounds Ouch  >:(  :-\
You have pushed yourself hard all year so you will be getting fragile now.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: September 26, 2008, 04:53:34 AM »
Sounds Ouch  >:(  :-\
You have pushed yourself hard all year so you will be getting fragile now.

Yep... definitely.  I gotta try to hold it together for 8 more weeks.  I have faith that my chiro can put me back together, but I can't let it go and I am probably going to have to see him regularly for the next few weeks... which is a pain in the ass because he's far away and I am sooo busy right now!   :P

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #598 on: September 26, 2008, 07:15:16 AM »
NO MORE SQUATS FOR U LORI!!  >:( U got Nationals in 8 weeks  ;D

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #599 on: September 26, 2008, 07:29:45 AM »
Yep... definitely.  I gotta try to hold it together for 8 more weeks.  I have faith that my chiro can put me back together, but I can't let it go and I am probably going to have to see him regularly for the next few weeks... which is a pain in the ass because he's far away and I am sooo busy right now!   :P

Get your husband to walk on your back
It is called a "french foot" massage
It will either sort you out or take you out  ;D