Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110139 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
Great pics rip!!  WOW :D
R

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #626 on: October 06, 2008, 09:42:45 AM »
Lori not trying to "hi-jack" your thread with pics of me/but look at my face in this pic taken in the lobby after pre-judging..........(i look like a totally different person!/my mom said i looked like a "concentration camp survivor")
once you "fill-out" you look normal again (and you look pretty even in your depleted state)
props to you on a great showing!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2008, 04:28:25 AM »
Lori not trying to "hi-jack" your thread with pics of me/but look at my face in this pic taken in the lobby after pre-judging..........(i look like a totally different person!/my mom said i looked like a "concentration camp survivor")
once you "fill-out" you look normal again (and you look pretty even in your depleted state)
props to you on a great showing!

Very true, Mike... thanks.  And thanks stella!

And YES, my lats are sore!   :P

:)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: October 09, 2008, 04:37:17 AM »
I was out of town for a couple of days but managed to get my workouts in.  Stopped by my friend's gym on the way home last night and did a pretty good chest workout.

BENCH - barx 15, 95x15, 135x10, 155x6 (2 sets)
INCLINE DB - 45x15, 50x10, 50x10, 50x8
PEC DECK - 4 sets x 12-15
HAMMER STRENGTH CHEST PRESS (pretty close grip) - 3 sets x 12
CABLE FLIES - 2 sets x 12

I saved triceps for another day.  Did 55 mins on the elliptical in the morning and another 25 mins after the chest workout. 

120.0 this morning.  :)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #629 on: October 09, 2008, 04:42:17 AM »
I just cracked one off!  ;D

Lookin hot Rip!!!
P

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: October 09, 2008, 05:16:11 AM »
I just cracked one off!  ;D

Lookin hot Rip!!!

LOL thanks.  ;)

More pics later...

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #631 on: October 09, 2008, 08:48:11 AM »
Lori,

Does your gym have a pullover machine?

I have noticed my lats/teres responded well to supersetting close grip pulldowns with pullovers.

Keep up the good work!

8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: October 09, 2008, 12:23:02 PM »
Lori,

Does your gym have a pullover machine?

I have noticed my lats/teres responded well to supersetting close grip pulldowns with pullovers.

Keep up the good work!

8)

Thanks OL.  We do have a pullover machine, but I don't fit into it very well because I am so short.  I do a similar exercise with the cable setup sometimes.  I'll give it another go next time I do back and letcha know. ;)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #633 on: October 09, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »
ripitupbaby@!!@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha, how's it going stranger, you don't post enough these days.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #634 on: October 09, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »

Thanks OL.  We do have a pullover machine, but I don't fit into it very well because I am so short.  I do a similar exercise with the cable setup sometimes.  I'll give it another go next time I do back and letcha know. ;)

I've often liked using the dual cable method and kneeling on the ground in a lat pull down fashion. Seems to really hit them well, and can be used to isolate one side over the other.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2008, 04:14:55 AM »
I'm alive... Getbig has been kinda slow and lame lately, anyone else notice that?  ::)

TU - thanks, I'll try those.  That's how my hubby recommends doing them too.  I usually take the easy way out and stay standing!

I did a MEAN abs and calves workout last night, plus 30 mins on the stairmill.  This morning, it was 52 degrees out, so I went out and had a great walk/run for about 45 mins.  It was really perfect weather.  I am going to miss my outdoor cardio when winter sets in...gonna try to get out there as much as possible for the rest of October!

Hitting the gym this afternoon for arms and maybe a little more cardio.  We're working the NPC Jr New England show in RI all day tomorrow, so I think that tomorrow will be an "off" day for training and cardio... haven't had one of those in a long time!  119.6 this morning...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #636 on: October 10, 2008, 04:36:37 AM »
I'm alive... Getbig has been kinda slow and lame lately, anyone else notice that?  ::)

TU - thanks, I'll try those.  That's how my hubby recommends doing them too.  I usually take the easy way out and stay standing!

I did a MEAN abs and calves workout last night, plus 30 mins on the stairmill.  This morning, it was 52 degrees out, so I went out and had a great walk/run for about 45 mins.  It was really perfect weather.  I am going to miss my outdoor cardio when winter sets in...gonna try to get out there as much as possible for the rest of October!

Hitting the gym this afternoon for arms and maybe a little more cardio.  We're working the NPC Jr New England show in RI all day tomorrow, so I think that tomorrow will be an "off" day for training and cardio... haven't had one of those in a long time!  119.6 this morning...

Thats perfect weight Rip.  I bet it is really pretty up there in the fall had to be a nice run/walk, can feel winter comming though  >:(

Have fun at the show and enjoy spectating for a change.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #637 on: October 10, 2008, 04:52:18 AM »
Thats perfect weight Rip.  I bet it is really pretty up there in the fall had to be a nice run/walk, can feel winter comming though  >:(

Have fun at the show and enjoy spectating for a change.

haha no spectating...between me and my husband, we are running check-ins, scoring the show, judging it, and doing the photography.   :P

NPC Team New England works like a well-oiled machine.   8)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #638 on: October 10, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »

Thank you Alex.  I have some great pics of me and Carla together that I'll post later this week... I have to go out of town for a couple of days.

I did double cardios and a good back workout last night...lots of close-grip stuff.  :)

Also rode the bike for 55 mins this morning...

I saw a pic, but rippers will post them.

The clock is ticking...
   ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #639 on: October 10, 2008, 12:18:21 PM »
I saw a pic, but rippers will post them.

The clock is ticking...
   ;D

LOL!!   

OK first set is from the North Americans.  I was looking crazy and Carla was two weeks out from the Atlantic City Pro.

We shot again the following weekend at Team Universe, I was one week post-NAs, and she was one week out.  I will post THOSE pics later...you can see how much I filled out in my one week that I got off my diet.  :)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #640 on: October 10, 2008, 12:29:40 PM »
damn girl shredded
DAWG

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #641 on: October 10, 2008, 12:32:42 PM »
Rip needs to "throw some d's on dat".

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #642 on: October 10, 2008, 12:36:52 PM »
Rip needs to "throw some d's on dat".

she's hot either way man.
DAWG

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #643 on: October 11, 2008, 06:22:58 AM »

LOL!!   

OK first set is from the North Americans.  I was looking crazy and Carla was two weeks out from the Atlantic City Pro.

We shot again the following weekend at Team Universe, I was one week post-NAs, and she was one week out.  I will post THOSE pics later...you can see how much I filled out in my one week that I got off my diet.  :)

Rip is as big as Carla, maybe bigger  :-\  Ripitupbaby getting ready to step up in the ranks IMO  8)

jconz

• Getbig I
« Reply #644 on: October 11, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »

haha no spectating...between me and my husband, we are running check-ins, scoring the show, judging it, and doing the photography.   :P

NPC Team New England works like a well-oiled machine.   8)

I was lucky enough to meet Lori today at the NPC Jr. New England and she looks fantastic!

Lori - It was nice meeting you.  Good luck at the Nats!!!

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #645 on: October 11, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »
I'm back into the swing of things for the most part.  Been training every day pretty much.  I did a quick arm workout Friday night (45 mins), a back workout Sat plus 50 mins on the elliptical, and then yesterday I did double cardios (50/38) with a good shoulder workout.

Here's what I ate yesterday...
1.  egg whites, 1/2 cup rice
2.  6 oz. top round steak
3.  4 oz. chicken, 1/2 cup rice, asparagus
4.  6 oz. chicken
5.  6 oz. grilled flounder, asparagus
6.  5-6 oz. chicken
And I had 2-3 gulps of my husband's protein shake post workout.

That's a pretty tight diet day for me.  I mix things up and usually eat 7 times during the week, but that is pretty typical.  I'll get rid of the steak when I need to.   I am also using some fat free non dairy creamer in my morning coffee that will have to be eliminated in a couple weeks.

Nats is nine weeks from this Friday.  I haven't weighed myself or taken any pics yet since the NA's, but I will do that before I am 8 weeks out.  :)

Rip!

Sorry for coming to the party late!

I LOVE following contest prep Logs; they really are a great way to learn.

Just a few questions:

1) I know experienced competitors get almost a "feel" for their diet overtime; and some are still very exact. Do you still weigh your food or "guessimate"? Do you have a rough idea of your macros per lb of bodyweight? (It makes it easier to compare you diet, to say that of a larger competitor).

2) How do your on and off season diets compare?

3) What are the dates again of your upcoming contest?

Thanks, Rip!

You look GREAT!
And the Board is much more fun to visit because of all you do!

Mufasa
“There comes a

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #646 on: October 11, 2008, 07:57:43 PM »
Do you ever get motivated by your OWN pics, Rip?

(I thought I'd just post one of my absolute favorites to give you a little motivation during your prep!)

Mufasa
“There comes a

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: October 12, 2008, 05:49:09 AM »
I was lucky enough to meet Lori today at the NPC Jr. New England and she looks fantastic!

Lori - It was nice meeting you.  Good luck at the Nats!!!

HEY there you are!  :D
It was nice to meet you too... sorry I was a little all-over-the-place, but I am so swamped when I am working those shows...usually doing 5 things and barely have time to get up and use the restroom! 

If you're from the area, be sure to catch the TOC next weekend in Derry NH and/or the CT show on Nov 1 (I'll be guest posing :))

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: October 12, 2008, 05:59:49 AM »

Rip!

Sorry for coming to the party late!

I LOVE following contest prep Logs; they really are a great way to learn.

Just a few questions:

1) I know experienced competitors get almost a "feel" for their diet overtime; and some are still very exact. Do you still weigh your food or "guessimate"? Do you have a rough idea of your macros per lb of bodyweight? (It makes it easier to compare you diet, to say that of a larger competitor).

2) How do your on and off season diets compare?

3) What are the dates again of your upcoming contest?

Thanks, Rip!

You look GREAT!
And the Board is much more fun to visit because of all you do!

Mufasa

Thank you Mufasa... :)

1) I only measure my complex carbs.  Everything else I pretty much just know.   I don't measure things like chicken or fish because I learned what the right serving size is a long time ago.  Don't really track the macros per lb or anything like that either... my bodyweight is always changing anyway lol.  I basically adjust my diet through the complex carbs and fat, and keep the protein pretty high and consistent.

2) I don't diet in the offseason for a lot of reasons...mental being one of them.  My contest prep takes so much out of me mentally that if I had to monitor or control what I ate during the off-season, I'd never do it.  The only way I can be as successful as I am with my contest diet is by allowing myself to be free during the offseason.  I also am a powerlifter during the offseason, so the extra 25 pounds helps alot.   ;D
I don't turn into a total pig...once I get through a little post-contest rebound, I eat "normal" which is still probably relatively clean compared to most people. 

3) NPC Nationals is in Atlanta in six weeks... November 21 I think.  The weekend before Thanksgiving. 
I did the IFBB North Americans six weeks ago... August 29/30.

Thanks again for your kind words Mufasa.  :)

Mufasa

• Getbig II
  • Never Give Up Hope!
« Reply #649 on: October 12, 2008, 08:30:01 AM »
Uh, oh...!

You sound like me, Rip; you LOVE to eat!  ;D

Mufasa
“There comes a