Author Topic: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!  (Read 110414 times)

bthomas77

• Getbig II
Re: RIPITUP'S CONTEST PREP THREAD - ONWARD TO NATIONALS!!!!!
« Reply #650 on: October 12, 2008, 12:01:02 PM »
just wanted to pop in and say hey..... :-*

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #651 on: October 12, 2008, 07:02:10 PM »
just wanted to pop in and say hey..... :-*

HI Bernie :)

:)

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #652 on: October 12, 2008, 07:38:38 PM »

How many more weeks. 6 now is it?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: October 13, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
How many more weeks. 6 now is it?

5.5 weeks now... 5 weeks from this Friday.  I think I am managing to hold my shit together.  Here are a couple of pics from this morning just when I rolled out of bed.  Apologies for looking like I just rolled out of bed  ;D

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #654 on: October 13, 2008, 10:05:54 AM »

5.5 weeks now... 5 weeks from this Friday.  I think I am managing to hold my shit together.  Here are a couple of pics from this morning just when I rolled out of bed.  Apologies for looking like I just rolled out of bed  ;D

You should roll out of your bed more often like that!   :o

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #655 on: October 13, 2008, 10:38:05 AM »

Outer quads look great. I want to say it looks like your arms have gotten bigger too.

AVBG

« Reply #656 on: October 13, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »
Lori, if you thought you were early for the NA's.. well the Nationals your way earlier..you could compete this weekend.  8)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #657 on: October 13, 2008, 02:32:13 PM »
Thanks.  LOL Alex...if only the show were this weekend!   :P

I'm definitely "full" in those pics, holding some water, as my face is a little puffy, but no big deal.  And it's possible that my arms are a little bigger... this past weekend, everyone I saw said they have never seen my shoulders so big and full.  I think it's because I ate alot of fat this week (steak, nuts).

I'm ahead of schedule in the grand scheme of things...but the time between the NAs and Nats is a whole different kind of challenge.  It's all about keeping it together mentally and being able to bring it home in the final couple of weeks physically.   8)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »

Rip looking good!!  Really is crazy how much you have brought up your quads, Luv's been a good influence on you.  8)  Good seperation and shape.  Will you remember us little people when you turn pro? (no pressure there huh?)  :P

Just think Rip the offseason is right around the corner. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #659 on: October 13, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
Lori u have awesome awesome quads. They've come up enormously since last year!

Great conditioning for five weeks out !! Hell that'd be great conditioning for 2 weeks out haha :)

Glutes look tight and back is ripped!!! Looking great and i know you'll represent quite well in Atlanta! Too bad i cant go! Ill be there in spirit though ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2008, 04:19:17 AM »
Thanks Flex and Luv Baby...

The next five weeks are gonna be pretty interesting... I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.  :)

I did a leg workout last night, double cardios yesterday too.  Nothing terribly heavy on the legs as I am trying to be kind to my lower back.  I'm doing the double cardios as long as I am feeling good physically because I am consuming more calories than I was before.  It's crazy how hungry I am all the time.  It's pretty much been like that since the North Americans. 

Just did 50 mins on the bike. 

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #661 on: October 14, 2008, 08:14:17 AM »
Legs, back and outer delts looking good  :)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: October 14, 2008, 01:51:45 PM »
Legs, back and outer delts looking good  :)

Thanks PP.  :)

And now for the other pics I promised freespirit I would post ;)
These are from a shoot we did at Team Universe, one week AFTER the North Americans.  I literally went downstairs for a cup of coffee, and a photo shoot broke out.  ;D

mcwsage

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2008, 07:14:48 AM »

Hey Lori!  Just wanted to stop by and show some support and - Holy Smoke - girl, you are looking great!!  You are definitely not "holding water" - you are just not water depleted...  You really look great -  can't believe you are 5.5 weeks out and looking this good.  Your lower body looks better this time around than the last comp.  Keep up the hard work.  P.S. - how those ab workouts going for you????

xoxo
Michele W.P.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2008, 11:04:49 AM »
Nice Shorts Lori ;D

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2008, 07:20:45 PM »
Hey Rip! Just wanted to add my two cents.. you look fantastic!! YOUR LEGS!!! Wow they look so chiseled out and your sweep... did it get bigger? You are so cut at this point, what body fat percent do you want to come in at?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »
I really don't know what to say about my legs... I think that I am just really filled out right now, all over!  My diet has been completely different.  I've hardly done heavy leg work since the North Americans... just a ton of cardio and high rep leg workouts for the most part.  I hurt my back about 4 or 5 weeks ago and didn't even train legs for two weeks...and I haven't squatted more than 95 pounds since then. 

Little D...I don't measure my body fat.  I think there's too much error in all of those measurements, it would just make me even more mental than I already am.  Right now, I just want to make weight... I think I am going to be alot closer to 115 this time around than I was at the NAs (112.5), and I think that's gonna be a good thing!

Michele... I'm training the shit out of my abs!   ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: October 18, 2008, 06:21:03 AM »
I really don't know what to say about my legs... I think that I am just really filled out right now, all over!  My diet has been completely different.  I've hardly done heavy leg work since the North Americans... just a ton of cardio and high rep leg workouts for the most part.  I hurt my back about 4 or 5 weeks ago and didn't even train legs for two weeks...and I haven't squatted more than 95 pounds since then. 

Little D...I don't measure my body fat.  I think there's too much error in all of those measurements, it would just make me even more mental than I already am.  Right now, I just want to make weight... I think I am going to be alot closer to 115 this time around than I was at the NAs (112.5), and I think that's gonna be a good thing!

Michele... I'm training the shit out of my abs!   ;D

Rip I know the back is hurting (need to get chiro closer to home so you can go more) BUT dont stop putting the stress on your quads that got them where they are.  No more overload stimulis=no reason to stay big.

bthomas77

• Getbig II
« Reply #668 on: October 19, 2008, 04:58:48 PM »

hey kiddo....

and by the way great pics....

go get em....not too much longer til show time....

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #669 on: October 20, 2008, 01:47:42 AM »
I agree about the bf measurement. My first show i was measured at 8% then 2 weeks later I was 9!!! I was going nuts.  Never did it again. Pics never lie! How long have you been lifting Rip?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #670 on: October 20, 2008, 05:02:05 AM »
Hey Guys... had a busy weekend!  Went racing Friday night and Saturday, worked the NPC show all day yesterday, and then went out for a cheat meal.  :)

Little D, it seems like I have been lifting forever!  I am a former gymnast... joined Golds Gym in the offseason when I was 16 and have been doing some form of training ever since (with a few breaks for a few months here and there).

I'm hanging in there... trying to regroup today and really bring it home in the next four weeks.  :)

little D

• Getbig II
« Reply #671 on: October 20, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »
 Just another thought Rip... Your abs are more defined than before and will be showing up nicely. All the hard work is paying off. Is it harder to focus on the second show after the first one is over? It seems to me it would be tougher mentally. This is your last show for the season?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #672 on: October 21, 2008, 04:29:30 AM »
Just another thought Rip... Your abs are more defined than before and will be showing up nicely. All the hard work is paying off. Is it harder to focus on the second show after the first one is over? It seems to me it would be tougher mentally. This is your last show for the season?

It is SO much tougher mentally!  It's been a really long haul for me...18 weeks of prep for the North Americans (with USPF Nationals thrown in there half way though), and then another 12 weeks to get to Nationals.  The prep for the North Americans/USPF Nats took more of a toll on my body...I was in a lot of pain, and I had to really suffer on the diet.  Since then, the training has been hard, of course, but the DIET... holy cow, the challenge of staying on the diet and the hunger I am dealing with is crazy. 

As for my abs, it's a water issue with me, I think.  I've been working my abs alot more since the NAs for sure, but they are just shallow and tend to cover up with just the slightest bit of water.

This is definitely my last show for the season... not sure yet what 2009 will bring... :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #673 on: October 21, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »
Rip, I'm not sure if you've addressed this but have you picked out a song and put together a routine yet?
R

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #674 on: October 21, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
Rip, I'm not sure if you've addressed this but have you picked out a song and put together a routine yet?

HI STELLA!   :D

I actually just got my music put together this past weekend, and now I need to do the routine. I am guest posing next weekend (November 1) at an NPC show in CT, so I think that I will have to put the routine together this weekend.  I'm kind of bummed because I am not creative, and I don't really like routines, and the music I had put together for me is 30 seconds longer than it needs to be.  ::)