Author Topic: Palm Pain  (Read 2507 times)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
Palm Pain
« on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:20 AM »
I’ve been lifting for 20 years, though now much less weight and fewer sets than in the past.  Bench presses (BB and DB) have been causing pain in left hand across the middle of the palm from the thumb side of the palm toward the heel.  Heavier weights cause more pain, naturally.

Has anyone experienced this and found decent lifting gloves to protect the area?

Thanks

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Palm Pain
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »
I’ve been lifting for 20 years, though now much less weight and fewer sets than in the past.  Bench presses (BB and DB) have been causing pain in left hand across the middle of the palm from the thumb side of the palm toward the heel.  Heavier weights cause more pain, naturally.

Has anyone experienced this and found decent lifting gloves to protect the area?

Thanks

I often get pain in my palms from benching more so from BB than DB but I found altering my grip helped alot. I used to bench with thumbs wrapped around the bar but moved to thumbs on the bar, kinda straight out to the side. It lets the bar sit more on the meaty part of my hand than in the middle and increases the surface area that the bar contacts with my hand.