Author Topic: MMA will get you killed in the street!  (Read 12612 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
MMA will get you killed in the street!
« on: June 27, 2008, 11:53:10 AM »
Here's the difference between fighting and self defense. 

If anyone is looking for a REAL system designed for real street self defense you can't go wrong with Vee Arnis Jitsu.  Professor David James is the real deal guys! 

Just remember there is no such thing as eye gouging, fish hooking, groin kicks, etc. in MMA!  Anything goes in the street!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: MMA will get you killed in the street!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 11:54:03 AM »
Again the real deal guys......

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
Or you can listen to these guys

&NR=1

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 12:29:27 PM »
The Bas Rutten self defense videos are the best...

BANG* A DONK A DONK A BANG!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 12:41:29 PM »
&feature=related ::) LOL That's some of the stupidest shit I've EVER seen.  He's made one too many hollywood B action movies. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »
&feature=related

You think this shit is going to work on a guy that outweighs you by 100lbs?  Please. 

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
The Bas Rutten self defense videos are the best...

BANG* A DONK A DONK A BANG!

Agree ;D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »
bas is the real deal
Z

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 01:39:44 PM »
bas is the real deal
thats because he is part crazy. same with the black dude on the vid. the black dude has a face that would make anyone think twice before they messed with him. same for bas. although i think bas would be more intent on punishing anyone and would take pleasure in truly making you suffer for your mistake. the black dude would just fuck you up. Bas would ask you questions while he fucked you up like "i bet you regret waking up this morning" and he would also do those sounds like "boink" and "bonk" to add insult to injury to anyone who tried to mug him.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 04:17:01 PM »
This is an old argument.

Why waste time, carry a gun....no defense for a speedy bullet. ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »
This is an old argument.

afraid of guns.. :-\

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 03:18:31 AM »
This is an old argument.

Unfortunately not allowed in The Netherlands.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
Again the real deal guys......

Bas has way better shit.. The whole bar scenario is a great one to watch. The only problem is that it will land you in jail for using a weapon on most of it.. He is just brutal.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2008, 12:56:04 PM »
Uh, okay.  Professor Visitacion was a great Kali man who will be missed.  A lot of his small joint manipulations are REALLY tough to pull off without the use of a weapon against a skilled resisting opponent.  Rigan, John, JJ, Roger Machado were in the PI during the filming of Kickboxer 4, the rebellion as part of a stunt/extra/martial art choreography team led by Burton Richardson.  All Machado brothers quickly learned that the anti weapon defense they learned as part of the Gracie curriculum left something to be desired against ARMED combatants (Chris Ricketts in this case), but unarmed, they were having their way with ALL of the martial artists who were either in the movie, or locals who practiced Kali/Escrima/Arnis.  Modern MMA is perhaps best suited for one to one encounters against SKILLED, ATHLETIC and RESISTING opponents. 

You learn attributes like distance, timing, rhythm, line familiarization and get to exercise KILLER INSTINCT constantly in training.  Not to mention, you must be fit, resilient.  Most TMAs (Kali is my second favorite art, and I still train to this day) do not spar enough or get full contact training in against resisting, aggressive opponents (Dog Brothers excluded from this).  I was fortunate to have trained with "Tatang" Illustrisimo before his death, I have trained with Ben Largusa, Cacoy Canete, the late, great Punong Guro Edgar Sulite, Sifu Bustillo, Guro Inosanto, GM Leo Gaje.  And all of these men would have their way with any MMA athlete with a weapon in their hands.  But unarmed?  NO WAY, NO HOW. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2008, 02:19:50 PM »
Uh, okay.  Professor Visitacion was a great Kali man who will be missed.  A lot of his small joint manipulations are REALLY tough to pull off without the use of a weapon against a skilled resisting opponent.  Rigan, John, JJ, Roger Machado were in the PI during the filming of Kickboxer 4, the rebellion as part of a stunt/extra/martial art choreography team led by Burton Richardson.  All Machado brothers quickly learned that the anti weapon defense they learned as part of the Gracie curriculum left something to be desired against ARMED combatants (Chris Ricketts in this case), but unarmed, they were having their way with ALL of the martial artists who were either in the movie, or locals who practiced Kali/Escrima/Arnis.  Modern MMA is perhaps best suited for one to one encounters against SKILLED, ATHLETIC and RESISTING opponents. 

You learn attributes like distance, timing, rhythm, line familiarization and get to exercise KILLER INSTINCT constantly in training.  Not to mention, you must be fit, resilient.  Most TMAs (Kali is my second favorite art, and I still train to this day) do not spar enough or get full contact training in against resisting, aggressive opponents (Dog Brothers excluded from this).  I was fortunate to have trained with "Tatang" Illustrisimo before his death, I have trained with Ben Largusa, Cacoy Canete, the late, great Punong Guro Edgar Sulite, Sifu Bustillo, Guro Inosanto, GM Leo Gaje.  And all of these men would have their way with any MMA athlete with a weapon in their hands.  But unarmed?  NO WAY, NO HOW. 

whatabout the wingtsun chain punch!
[/youtube]
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »

There is a difference between "fighting" and self defense.  Watch the videos I posted again.  I'd put Professor David James VAJ system up against ANYTHING!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 03:36:21 AM »
There is a difference between "fighting" and self defense.  Watch the videos I posted again.  I'd put Professor David James VAJ system up against ANYTHING!

he would get his ass kicked.
Z

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »
What do you think about this example, sensei?

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2008, 10:25:22 AM »
he would get his ass kicked.

Why don't you learn to read.  Professor David James is 50+ years old.  I said I'd put his "system" up against anyone's.  What do you train in?  Put your money where your mouth is and come up to Brooklyn and tell David James how you feel and train with some of his black belts and see how easily they'd "get their ass kicked".  Or come on down to the Defense Institute in Colorado Springs. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
Why don't you learn to read.  Professor David James is 50+ years old.  I said I'd put his "system" up against anyone's.  What do you train in?  Put your money where your mouth is and come up to Brooklyn and tell David James how you feel and train with some of his black belts and see how easily they'd "get their ass kicked".  Or come on down to the Defense Institute in Colorado Springs. 

They wouldn't recover.
Z

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 03:24:30 PM »
They wouldn't recover.

LOL .....yeah whatever.  If you're ever in East Greenwich, Brooklyn, or Hoboken put your money where your mouth is! 

mac7000

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »
Now this is self defense... go to the 40 seconds into the clip.......

only in Russia

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 10:51:59 PM »
Thank God, Ryan Gracie aint around....

UGMT

• Getbig II
  • Fortune favors the bold...
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 04:51:51 AM »
I know your guy isn't a Kempo fighter though his style seems similar and both men claim to have a "street lethal, effective system", but I have a feeling him against a skilled BJJ/Sambo/Judo guy would look a lot like this. But then again you never know  ::)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 05:20:24 AM »
I know your guy isn't a Kempo fighter though his style seems similar and both men claim to have a "street lethal, effective system", but I have a feeling him against a skilled BJJ/Sambo/Judo guy would look a lot like this. But then again you never know  ::)

That's not a street fight...
!