Author Topic: question for powerlifters  (Read 3369 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
question for powerlifters
« on: June 27, 2008, 09:37:05 PM »
whats everyones opinion on carb depleting and loading days before a powerlifting competition??
my contest is in about 9 weeks so its for future reference

say im taking in on average 600 grams of carbs per day currently (rough estimate)

The last week I been told to take it easy on the lifting (great time to practice technique) so say perhaps i decrease my carb intake to about 100-150 grams from Sunday until Thursday. Then on Friday having only about 50 grams of oatmeal in the morning. The weigh in will be @ 6 p.m. on Friday and the lifting will be the following morning. After weighing in having lots of slow complex carbs and in the morning having a big high carb breakfast with pancakes and the works. Im competing at 242 and i dont see myself struggling to make weight. Perhapses trying to lower weight as best as i can to increase my coefficient. However I have heard and read many benefits associated with carb loading in competition. Now as long as I keep my calories
within the same range as i currently am and replace the lost carb calories with proteins and fats... what do i expect to see as my final results?

1. Will I lose strength this way
2. Will my glucose overload be bull internet bull ****
3. Will I cut a few extra pounds of water weight and body fat this way without compromising strength.

Any comments or previous experiences???

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: question for powerlifters
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »
i dont now alot about nutrition, tho i would never sacrafice trying to lose wieght to owerr co-ef unless uy are quite fat. i would just grow into the weight

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »
How much weight are you cutting?

THAT is the most important factor IMO.

I recommend newbies just compete at whatever weight they are during training, cutting weight always has SOME effect on strength. the last week before the comp you shouldn't be cutting too much IMO.

As long as you hit the carbs hard the 24 hours before the comp, you should have plenty in the tank.

Don't makes this TOO complicated.

8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 01:45:32 PM »
You live in Wharton correct?

PM me the meet you are doing.

I can help you if you would like, you have a lot of time to make weight.

8)

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
if you're within 5 pounds, cutting it is easy as pie. we used to do it for wrestling all the time. just drop the water and you can get it back within about an hour.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »
You live in Wharton correct?

PM me the meet you are doing.

I can help you if you would like, you have a lot of time to make weight.

8)
some small NASA meet in Albuquerque in 9 weeks currently im just eating whatever crosses my path  ;D

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
S