Author Topic: $500.00 on food per week... Too much?  (Read 9932 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: $500.00 on food per week... Too much?
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »
I just emailed Scott Alexander and told him that ChainSaw from Getbig eats much better then him...Waiting for a reply...

FLYLO

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »
I was a praising your endeavor for working very hard, to bring forth $500 of food to feed your household.  How many teenage children do you and your wife have together; and does your inlaws and parents live with y'all?  Makes a big difference when there's many to feed at home; and especially with family members having allergies to certain foods.

Still no reply to the number of family members he feeds; that cohabitate with him. 

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2008, 11:11:33 PM »
so you're saying that meat bought at run of the mill supermarkets cause cancer and organ failure? that's a bit of a stretch wouldn't you say?

I'd be willing to bet that in the next 10-20 years people are going to look back at the way most of today's food is farmed and cringe, not only because of the cruelty factor but also the toxicity of everything that goes into the food the average supermarket is carrying.  I know full well that there are some 'organic' scams out there and it's not all as good as new agers will have you believe, but equally as much as I know that, I know that most of it's not that way especially from the small religously driven family farms, like the Amish.  Organic farmers markets were my best friend when I lived in the states. 
  In regards to meat, I eat mine fresh and raw with no seasoning, just the way it is. Anything less than organic(I prefer organically grass fed) is anywhere from poor tasting to unpalatable.
  I can think of few things better to spend money on than healthy food-at least it goes in you rather than on you-things for which most people spend much more money on than I do food.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:04 AM »
bump
$

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »
the internet ::), everybody is a KING. ::)
I am a big baby

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2008, 09:50:32 AM »
the internet ::), everybody is a KING. ::)

EVERYBODY!
$