Author Topic: Bananas...Pre and post workout food of champions.  (Read 12894 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bananas...Pre and post workout food of champions.
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
i know you are being sracastic but ill post it anyway just because i got nothing else to do

chest
legs
off
back
shoulders traps
arms
off
repeat

high volume and high intensity.. lots of drop sets and forced negatives.. i do heavy weight low reps and alos do moderate weight high reps..  workouts are nomrally around an hour.. i do 30 mins treadmill walking post exercise..

no i wanted to know 2 see if u over complicate ur training. ie is it too tricky what way do u progress?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »
how do you figure milk has slow digesting sugars but bananas do not?
i didnt say bananas didnt digest slowly

i just said itsm mostly (well about half) fructose

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
no i wanted to know 2 see if u over complicate ur training. ie is it too tricky what way do u progress?
i dont over complicate anything.

if i want to eat a banana i will eat a banana ! LOL..   

i  dont keep a workout olog or anything like that and i dont track my strength i just make sure to workout till the muscle is fried every time. i like to keep most of my sets to failure in the 6-12 rep range... but sometimes ill do that then drop the weight and hit failure at like 6 then drop the weight hit failure  again.. ect..     i also do forced negatives aot, since i think eccentric is where you grow and concentrentic is wher eyou get strong

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2008, 03:15:57 PM »
i didnt say bananas didnt digest slowly

i just said itsm mostly (well about half) fructose

Food Item:Banana, raw
Food Quantity: 1 banana
Carbs: 26.9g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Net Carbs: 23.9g

fiber to carb ratio similar to OATMEAL 

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2008, 03:17:20 PM »
i dont over complicate anything.

if i want to eat a banana i will eat a banana ! LOL..   

i  dont keep a workout olog or anything like that and i dont track my strength i just make sure to workout till the muscle is fried every time. i like to keep most of my sets to failure in the 6-12 rep range... but sometimes ill do that then drop the weight and hit failure at like 6 then drop the weight hit failure  again.. ect..     i also do forced negatives aot, since i think eccentric is where you grow and concentrentic is wher eyou get strong

training to failure is trianing to fail

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
Food Item:Banana, raw
Food Quantity: 1 banana
Carbs: 26.9g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Net Carbs: 23.9g

fiber to carb ratio similar to OATMEAL 

yup, good thinking on the fiber to carb ratio... i do the same thing...

but oatmeal is GLUCOSE, banana is FRUCTOSE

BIG difference

i never mentioned how fast bananas digest, that wasnt the discussioon

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 03:18:58 PM »
yup, good thinking on the fiber to carb ratio... i do the same thing...

but oatmeal is GLUCOSE, banana is FRUCTOSE

BIG difference

i never mentioned how fast bananas digest, that wasnt the discussioon

what is the big difference between fructose and glucose?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 03:21:04 PM »
a number of things

main one being that the entire body(including the liver) can utlizie glucose for energy; while fructose can only be utilized by the liver, which is very small and spills over very easily. even in a "caloric defecit" asurplus of fructose contributes to adipose.

there are also differences in of that fructose does not stimulate leptin, or insulin at all.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 03:21:26 PM »

absorption

I'm sure Candy can explain it
just not good enough

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »
a number of things

main one being that the entire body(including the liver) can utlizie glucose for energy; while fructose can only be utilized by the liver, which is very small and spills over very easily. even in a "caloric defecit" asurplus of fructose contributes to adipose.

there are also differences in of that fructose does not stimulate leptin, or insulin at all.

nice post...spot on as usual
just not good enough

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »

nice post...spot on as usual
gracias  :)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2008, 03:30:03 PM »
and?

fruist are majority fructose. fructose can only be utlized by the liver. if you eat fructose when your liver is full of glycogen, or if you eat more than your liver can hold, the rest goes immidietly to adipose.

the liver is very small and only holds a very smal amount of glycogen.

even in a caloric deficit, a small amount of fructose when the liver is full will add to adipose.

:o
Hmm. A full liver in a calorie deficit environment!? Well, in the real world, if you're on a calorie deficit diet, there is zero chance of putting on fat by eating fruit. Probably get diarrhea before that happens.   

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2008, 03:32:31 PM »
Hmm. A full liver in a calorie deficit environment!? Well, in the real world, if you're on a calorie deficit diet, there is zero chance of putting on fat by eating fruit. Probably get diarrhea before that happens.   
sure. you might have depleted liver, most people do when dieting. but lets say you eat that first banana. BOOM. liver is now full. eat another one? FAT STOREAGE  ;) ..yes, even if you have eaten less calories than youve burned that day...    "a calorie isnt always a calorie" as i like to say  :D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2008, 03:37:33 PM »
sure. you might have depleted liver, most people do when dieting. but lets say you eat that first banana. BOOM. liver is now full. eat another one? FAT STOREAGE  ;) ..yes, even if you have eaten less calories than youve burned that day...    "a calorie isnt always a calorie" as i like to say  :D
I'll agree with this adage of yours, but what you're talking is more likely to happen with a soda rather than fruit (and yeah, I understand the different sugars/carbs). As for bananas, you're more likely to get full first before any weight gain by fat. Fruit on a diet will not add fat weight. You're kinda setting up a strawman to make a point, here. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »
I'll agree with this adage of yours, but what you're talking is more likely to happen with a soda rather than fruit (and yeah, I understand the different sugars/carbs). As for bananas, you're more likely to get full first before any weight gain by fat. Fruit on a diet will not add fat weight. You're kinda setting up a strawman to make a point, here. 
youll get full from fruit?

did you not read that fructose does not stimulate leptin?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2008, 03:44:40 PM »

Hmm. Read my post again, and then go and eat six nanas in succession - you will get full. Eat the same amount of green grapes, say, and you're likely to get diarrhea. But these are just silly parameters. If you have a good diet, don't for a second think that you're gonna get fat from eating fruit. It'll be your cheeseburger, fries or soda - but you already know this. Stop worrying about the details, my friend, and take care of the large stuff. Micromanaging shit will always f*ck you up.  :)

body88

« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »

All this shit is great, but can you prove your claims with results from your own physique? I think someone said you where on the sauce, so is it the sauce, or all this information you read on the web?

The way you speak, reminds me of the person who knows every angle when it comes to training methods, but looks no better than a person who sticks to the basics, and trains hard. I'm not knocking you -( you are doing great), but I would like to see the results from all this information.

I used to work with a national level competitor, who gave me all kinda of nutritional advice, ratios and programs.... I don't see any difference at all sticking to my caloric needs, eating sensible foods, and training the same way.

Before, I was eating calories at certain times, eating only certain types of carbs and spazing out about every type of calorie I took in....... I don't see much difference at all in my gains these days, and all I'm doing is keeping it simple. If I followed a diet you wrote, how much better would my physique be, 20% - 30%?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2008, 04:00:48 PM »
bluto had a great bannana thread
w

affy

« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »
i know you are being sracastic but ill post it anyway just because i got nothing else to do

chest
legs
off
back
shoulders traps
arms
off
repeat

high volume and high intensity.. lots of drop sets and forced negatives.. i do heavy weight low reps and alos do moderate weight high reps..  workouts are nomrally around an hour.. i do 30 mins treadmill walking post exercise..

just wondering..do you have your PWO shake after you lift and then do the 30 mins on the treadmill

or do you train and go straight to the treadmill

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2008, 04:04:33 PM »
just wondering..do you have your PWO shake after you lift and then do the 30 mins on the treadmill

or do you train and go straight to the treadmill

straight to the treadmill.

WJ_Harley

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:42 PM »
Hmm. Read my post again, and then go and eat six nanas in succession - you will get full. Eat the same amount of green grapes, say, and you're likely to get diarrhea. But these are just silly parameters. If you have a good diet, don't for a second think that you're gonna get fat from eating fruit. It'll be your cheeseburger, fries or soda - but you already know this. Stop worrying about the details, my friend, and take care of the large stuff. Micromanaging shit will always f*ck you up.  :)
very good post.
c

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2008, 04:08:02 PM »
If I followed a diet you wrote, how much better would my physique be, 20% - 30%?

it depends on what your eating alread, but since you see to know the basics, probably eat about the right amount of calories, probably eat enough protein, probably get enough complex carbs, and probably train hard.....   nothing i do would make a BIG difference bro.

some people call it "micro managing"... but this stuff interests me so its what i like to learn about

i guess maybe it seems like i am a dan duchaine type who knows al this stuff but trains and eats like a pussy? no i assure you i train as hard as i can and i eat plenty of calories carbs proteins to grow

one thing i could offer you though that might make a difference is just supplemental efa's...those, like fish oil, can make a huge difference in your physique if you mega dose them for short periods..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »
  the only thing i will say is that i would not get full from any amount of anything.  ;D   

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2008, 04:09:07 PM »
correct dr chimps.

its like ppl who freak if they cant do heir cable crossovers.

stick to bread and butter of everything and u will go far

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »
Candyman went from rehab to ocd wannabe bb. He will prove us all wrong when he wins the Olympia. ::)
I am a big baby