Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 61918 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« on: July 02, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »
This thread will be a Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo who recently won the overall at the 2007 team universe. Ask him anything  you would like. To begin the thread, Chris participated in an interview with myself, this is just so everyone can get an idea of who Chris is, just incase you dont know.

First off thanks for doing this Interview Chris. Now to the questions.

FS: Where are you from and what is your ethnic background?
CF: I am born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii (Diamond Head, Sandy Beach, Pearl Harbor).

FS: How did you first get started in bodybuilding?  
CF:Got started in BB 27 years ago while picking up a muscle mag off the news stand. Wow! I wanted to look just like those guys with all those muscles.

FS: What made you make the decision to become a lifetime natural bodybuilder, and have you ever been tempted to take steroids.
CF: Being raised by great parents with high standards and morals made me decide to be a lifetime drug free Bodybuilder.  I was and never will be tempted to enhance my physique with drugs.  I am proud of my accomplishments without the use of steroids or diuretics and feel honored to be one of the best in my field.

FS: What are your philosophies on nutrition, everyones differs so what approach do you take to get so shredded?
CF:  Nutrition is my Forte.  I am not only dedicated with the weights but also 100% dedicated with what goes into my body.  I only eat for fuel and never for taste, except for my cheat meal on Sunday in the offseason.  I am an IFBB Pro and should look like one everyday. I am never out of shape and feel great year round!  Getting shredded for a show is not easy, but it makes it alot easier when you're not carrying tons of body fat.

FS: After your recent trip to Korea to compete in the IFBB World Amateur Championships. How did you feel to compete against athletes who obviously werent as "natural" as you and you were using some type of assistance whether it be insulin or GH or whatever?  
CF: Competing in the Amateur Championships is a dream come true for anyone.  I thought I was in the top 3 after pre-judging but the judges thought otherwise. I was very confident going into Korea as it shows it all on my DVD.  I compete to win and never think about anyone else in my class.  I brought the best package that I could have and let the judges decide if it is good enough.  I know other countries were not playing by the rules, but I will not let that distract my focus and beliefs.  I may have took 9th in that show but it does not put out fire that burns everyday to be the best natural bber in the world.

FS: Do you have any plans to compete in the under 202 class.
CF: The 202lbs. class in the Pro ranks is tempting but I must be realistic.  I'm only a buck 65 and that would get killed on stage with those monsters.  Who knows, I may take a chance someday.  "The Hawaiian Hurricane" will be back for a pro debt!

FS: Do you currently have any sponsorships? Sponsors?
CF: Come on, who wants to sponsor me?

FS: Finally do you have a website that people can get in contact with you at?
CF: My web site is www.cfaildo.com

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:05:24 PM »
Feel free to ask Chris any question guys, he is one of the best natural bodybuilders walking the planet, and he's been bodybuilding for almost 3 decades. So im sure he has some good info to share.

Keep it postive!  ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »
hey chris! glad to have you on board

qhat kind of diet do you subscribe to, offseason and pre contest?

what would be "high carb" for you, and what would be "low carb"

oh, how do you feel about protein intake?

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »
hey chris! glad to have you on board

qhat kind of diet do you subscribe to, offseason and pre contest?

what would be "high carb" for you, and what would be "low carb"

oh, how do you feel about protein intake?
Aloha everyone and thanks for welcoming me to Getbig.  As for offseason and contest nutrition- it basically is the same.  I do not eat anything bad in the offseason except for Sunday dinners.  I use a very high protien diet, low fat and mod carb throughout the year.  I never get over 15lbs. heavier then contest weight and this 15lbs. comes from excess protien consumption. 

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
Aloha everyone and thanks for welcoming me to Getbig.  As for offseason and contest nutrition- it basically is the same.  I do not eat anything bad in the offseason except for Sunday dinners.  I use a very high protien diet, low fat and mod carb throughout the year.  I never get over 15lbs. heavier then contest weight and this 15lbs. comes from excess protien consumption. 

You need your competitor and "Pro" status stars....PM Ron and he will fix that for you Chris.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 11:14:33 PM »
Hey Chris thanx for stopping by.

I was curious.

What do YOU consider being natural??

Like what substances would someone use that you would then deem them no longer natural??

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 11:49:03 PM »
Aloha Chris, It's good to see you posting here.

Q. What supplements do you recommend for the natural competitor?

Q. What type of cardio regime do you endorse? hi intensity short duration or long/slow?

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 12:37:45 AM »
Hey Chris thanx for stopping by.

I was curious.

What do YOU consider being natural??

Like what substances would someone use that you would then deem them no longer natural??
Flexingtonsteele, anything you can buy over the counter is considered fair game for me.  If you can't buy it that way-you are cheating yourself and should not be entering Natural shows.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 12:40:18 AM »
Aloha Chris, It's good to see you posting here.

Q. What supplements do you recommend for the natural competitor?

Q. What type of cardio regime do you endorse? hi intensity short duration or long/slow?

AVBG, I highly recommend using a good glutamine and meal replacement for starters.  As for cardio- moderate intensity, longer duration works for me.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 01:07:42 AM »
AVBG, I highly recommend using a good glutamine and meal replacement for starters.  As for cardio- moderate intensity, longer duration works for me.

Chris, do you prefer to make your own meal replacements so you know exactly what is in them? Or do you have a special brand of product that you like using?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 10:58:27 AM »
Hi Chris!

It is good to see you here.

Thank you for your DVD - I just received it and as I got your address - I took the liberty to send you my "Secrets of the pros" DVD...

As you know, I am huge fan of your physique - and I sincerely hope you will find the time to come o my gym when you come to California...
If not - I will try my best to see you in LA...

You are inspiration to many people and I want to command you on great job.

Needless to say - IF you need anything - don't hesitate to ask...(thank God is POSITIVE board or - else...)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »
Wow, just sent you a welcome on your Q&A too.  Thanks Milos for all your help over the years.  I still recall you helping me out during our Metrx booth days.  I will never forget how you showed me how to hold my wheels in the front relax stance.  Your leg separation is what I'm after.  I will try to make it out to your gym next month. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »
Chris, do you prefer to make your own meal replacements so you know exactly what is in them? Or do you have a special brand of product that you like using?
Yo flexington, I'm still old school and use original Metrx with a scoop of metrx whey.  Now that Milos is aboard maybe he can share some info on his brand of protien and supps.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 01:02:18 AM »
Yo flexington, I'm still old school and use original Metrx with a scoop of metrx whey.  Now that Milos is aboard maybe he can share some info on his brand of protien and supps.

I didnt even know metrx was still around  ;)

And yes im sure Milos has PLENTY of meal replacement ideas.

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2008, 08:32:56 PM »
hi chris
great to have you here, i'm a lifetime natural too and your really an inspiration ..

i got a question :
what do you think about post-workout high GI carbs during cutting phase?
is it necessary? i get so much harder, leaner cutting all high-GI carbs including postworkout when dietting
and i don't lose muscle or strength ether compared to when i was eating postworkout high GI carbs.
For a natural athelete isn't it better to not eat high GI carbs postworkout to not cut-off GH levels?
(especially when cutting)
i was wondering what you do ..

LOCAL GYM HERO

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2008, 11:07:06 PM »
hi chris
great to have you here, i'm a lifetime natural too and your really an inspiration ..

i got a question :
what do you think about post-workout high GI carbs during cutting phase?
is it necessary? i get so much harder, leaner cutting all high-GI carbs including postworkout when dietting
and i don't lose muscle or strength ether compared to when i was eating postworkout high GI carbs.
For a natural athelete isn't it better to not eat high GI carbs postworkout to not cut-off GH levels?
(especially when cutting)
i was wondering what you do ..

As for Gi carbs, I will always use waxy maize after workouts.  This seems to be working really good for me during the offseason and contest phase.  It helps me stay fuller and never has any affect on my conditioning. Then an hour after that I drink another shake consisting of 60grams of protien 20 grams of carbs.  Get the DVD bro, can't go wrong.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2008, 11:11:09 PM »
Flexingtonsteele, anything you can buy over the counter is considered fair game for me.  If you can't buy it that way-you are cheating yourself and should not be entering Natural shows.

In my country i can buy deca otc, does that mean i could be considered natural ? Serious question

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 11:30:20 PM »
wish i could get the DVD but they don't sell them in Korea
anyway, answer much appreciated!
LOCAL GYM HERO

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
In my country i can buy deca otc, does that mean i could be considered natural ? Serious question
Take a hike! You know what I mean by OTC. Guys like you make me train like a mad man.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 12:08:54 AM »
wish i could get the DVD but they don't sell them in Korea
anyway, answer much appreciated!
Dragon, just jump on my website www.cfaildo.com   and order it with a credit card.  It will be in your hands within a week.  What part of Korea are you from?  Did you see me compete last year in Jeju at the World Championships?

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 12:35:34 AM »
Dragon, just jump on my website www.cfaildo.com   and order it with a credit card.  It will be in your hands within a week.  What part of Korea are you from?  Did you see me compete last year in Jeju at the World Championships?

i hope your dvd has good nutritional advice, i'll look to it bro
i  live in  seoul, i wasn't at jeju due to exams at school but saw your pics.
let me tell you the korean bbers you competed againest were hormonized to the gills   
you can never beat cheaters no matter how good you are, there was a lot of talk going on in korean bbing forums
about bahrain too

LOCAL GYM HERO

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 10:19:16 AM »
i hope your dvd has good nutritional advice, i'll look to it bro
i  live in  seoul, i wasn't at jeju due to exams at school but saw your pics.
let me tell you the korean bbers you competed againest were hormonized to the gills   
you can never beat cheaters no matter how good you are, there was a lot of talk going on in korean bbing forums
about bahrain too

Lots of my nutrition is cover in my DVD, you wont be disappointed.  As for the Bodybuilders in the World Championships- I had no problem with them being juiced to the gills.  I was the first person to be called out in the first round in prejudging and placed 9th.  Oh well, I was competitive with them all and thought I should have been either 2nd or 3rd.  I did my best and couldn't have done anything more. I'm not happy with the placing but very happy with my accomplishemnt as being a lifetime drug free bodybuilder battling it out at the Worlds.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 10:39:53 AM »
chris you have the best conditioning i have ever seen, drug user or natural. congrats. 8)
175lbs by 31st July

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 01:49:18 PM »
Hey Chris, long time fan. just want to let you know that im a big fan and admire your physique. its not often you see a peeled and full bodybuilder. i saw the pics from the NY TU and Korea and you looked amazing. if you got called out first in prejudging and get 9th? was it more than just bodybuilding? are you going to give it another shot? best of luck with everything.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
chris you have the best conditioning i have ever seen, drug user or natural. congrats. 8)
Just replied to your thread on the Gossip column.