Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62128 times)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »
Hey Chris, long time fan. just want to let you know that im a big fan and admire your physique. its not often you see a peeled and full bodybuilder. i saw the pics from the NY TU and Korea and you looked amazing. if you got called out first in prejudging and get 9th? was it more than just bodybuilding? are you going to give it another shot? best of luck with everything.
Thanks bro, as of now I'm just trying to promote my DVD www.cfaildo.com and take care of all of my appearances.  I will not go back to the TU anymore.  Winnnig the overall at the TU last year was it for me.  Iam thinking about the 202lbs. class in the Pros, but that will take me a while.

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 05:44:56 PM »
Thanks bro, as of now I'm just trying to promote my DVD www.cfaildo.com and take care of all of my appearances.  I will not go back to the TU anymore.  Winnnig the overall at the TU last year was it for me.  Iam thinking about the 202lbs. class in the Pros, but that will take me a while.
you'd represent the naturals well in the 202 and under, of course you'd be competing with the like of Dave Henry and the others. but youve been a great ambassador for naturals and a great point could be made with your appearance on the pro stage.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »
you'd represent the naturals well in the 202 and under, of course you'd be competing with the like of Dave Henry and the others. but youve been a great ambassador for naturals and a great point could be made with your appearance on the pro stage.
Thank you, i'll keep bustin' it in the gym knowing that supporters like yourself are backing me up.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 07:50:51 PM »
Sup Chris, glad to have you here! Just a few questions about your diet. If off-season, and pre-contest is essentially the same w/ the exception of a sunday cheat meal during the off-season, how do you manage to put on weight? Do you eat slightly higher carbs during the off-season?  I noticed in your dvd you eat around 200-250 grams of carbs a day with about 350 grams of protein right? Oh yeah, and the peanut butter as well. I'm not sure if my macro counts are right but it seems close. Also do you weigh out your meats after it's cooked or before? I haven't finished the DVD yet either, so I'm sorry if the cover this in the DVD!
Team Willet
Max-OT

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
Welcome Chris...you are a very inspirational guy, and it's good to have you here.

What is your opinion on the best training split for a natural?

Air Falcon

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »
Good to have you here, Chris.  I'm looking forward to this thread. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 12:24:36 AM »
Chris Faildo nice of you to take the time and answer some of our questions. always admired your physique, i was actually in NYC the night you took the overall. that was an awesome experience, your hard work over the years really showed through by the emotions you expressed on stage. it was a great moment, and i am glad i was there to witness it. best of luck with the 202 and under!

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 09:56:29 AM »
Chris Faildo is really incredible !!
He has competed since eary 1990s .
I met Team USA  in 1995 IFBB World Amateur Championships ,Guam

A true legend !!!
(  the far left in the pic is Chris)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 11:23:25 AM »

A true legend !!!
Wow! that is a classic picture.  That was the year(1995) I took a silver medal back home to the US.  Has it been that long ago?  Seems just like yesteday. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 11:26:04 AM »
Chris Faildo nice of you to take the time and answer some of our questions. always admired your physique, i was actually in NYC the night you took the overall. that was an awesome experience, your hard work over the years really showed through by the emotions you expressed on stage. it was a great moment, and i am glad i was there to witness it. best of luck with the 202 and under!
2007 Team Universe was unreal. I'm glad you got to see me at my all time best.  Winning the overall was a dream come true. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 11:27:30 AM »
Good to have you here, Chris.  I'm looking forward to this thread. 
Good luck with your journey to the Team Universe.  Rock and Roll baby!

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 11:29:36 AM »
Welcome Chris...you are a very inspirational guy, and it's good to have you here.

What is your opinion on the best training split for a natural?

It doesn't matter what split you use, just get enough rest.  I found that hitting each muscle group just once per week is all I need.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 11:31:57 AM »
Sup Chris, glad to have you here! Just a few questions about your diet. If off-season, and pre-contest is essentially the same w/ the exception of a sunday cheat meal during the off-season, how do you manage to put on weight? Do you eat slightly higher carbs during the off-season?  I noticed in your dvd you eat around 200-250 grams of carbs a day with about 350 grams of protein right? Oh yeah, and the peanut butter as well. I'm not sure if my macro counts are right but it seems close. Also do you weigh out your meats after it's cooked or before? I haven't finished the DVD yet either, so I'm sorry if the cover this in the DVD!
Thanks for purchasing the DVD.  Keep watching I know it is long(6hours+) but I cover it all.  If you have more questions after viewing the entire DVD- just post it here and I'll get back.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »
Hurricane alert.  It's about time you joined this site.   ;D

Chris trains hard, all the time.  Never met anyone so anal to weigh their foods, pre package them, eat them at specific times.  His dedication would give me an ulcer. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »

A true legend !!!

Classic Picture Coach Huang!

Two legends in one picture, Coach Huang(Center of Muscle) and The Hawaiian Hurricane!
Q

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
Hurricane alert.  It's about time you joined this site.   ;D

Chris trains hard, all the time.  Never met anyone so anal to weigh their foods, pre package them, eat them at specific times.  His dedication would give me an ulcer. 
I don't know if it was a right move to join.  The positive board is great but the Gossip column has alot of haters who don't know even know me.  I've always read your post- thanks for having my back.  Haven't seen you in a while, stop by and say hello.  Did I mention to you that Debbie's pregnant.  Yes, I'm gonna be a dad bro!

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:12 PM »
Classic Picture Coach Huang!

Two legends in one picture, Coach Huang(Center of Muscle) and The Hawaiian Hurricane!
Totally classic pic. Can you or anyone tell me the USA Team Members in that pic?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »
I don't know if it was a right move to join.  The positive board is great but the Gossip column has alot of haters who don't know even know me.  I've

We breed haters on the G&O, you will have to excuse us Chris. We hate everyone here, don't take it personal ;)

This subforum will be different, stay here or brave the G&O as well...they ease up a bit down the road many times.

Welcome to Getbig.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 04:54:32 PM »
I don't know if it was a right move to join.  The positive board is great but the Gossip column has alot of haters who don't know even know me.  I've always read your post- thanks for having my back.  Haven't seen you in a while, stop by and say hello.  Did I mention to you that Debbie's pregnant.  Yes, I'm gonna be a dad bro!
Yea sadly Chris, thats the beast that is GETBIG, they talk shit about everybody, and half of them arent even bodybuilding fans. Hell they even talk shit about Ronnie Coleman and Dorian Yates IN THEIR PRIMES. So no one is safe.

But that is why, we have the positive board. I want to make this a bodybuilding only board, where the focus is on bodybuilding solely. And with pros like you, its really helping out, and this board is getting more popular by the day, and in case you havent noticed, we've kept all the hate outta here, so only the true fans post.

Thanks for posting here, as time goes on, this board will grow and grow, hopefully into the best on getbig. Thank you for being a part of it.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 06:44:54 PM »

Wow!  That's great news.  I only post on the UFC and general topics forums now, but am glad you are finally here.  A lot of stuff needed to bet straight, and as always, am a big fan.  Thanks for all the ass kickings in the gym, keep up the good work.  Jiujitsu has just as much politics....... ???

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
:o
Of course it was the right move to join, look at the responses in this thread.
 The Positive Board is in place for people that don't want to deal with the bashing/flaming of the G&O, which can get pretty rough. We appreciate you taking the time to answer questions and share your experiences. If you do brave the G&O, they usually lighten up after awhile, if you can stand the heat. ;)

All in all, though I think the people on the Positive Board are happy you are here and we look forward to you posting for a long time.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »
:o
Of course it was the right move to join, look at the responses in this thread.
 The Positive Board is in place for people that don't want to deal with the bashing/flaming of the G&O, which can get pretty rough. We appreciate you taking the time to answer questions and share your experiences. If you do brave the G&O, they usually lighten up after awhile, if you can stand the heat. ;)

All in all, though I think the people on the Positive Board are happy you are here and we look forward to you posting for a long time.
So far it has been a treat for me to share my thoughts with all of you.  Iam no expert, no better then anyone else....I just love natural bodybuilding to see how far I can take my physique.  Thanks for all your support.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »
Well said Chaos,

It's an honor to have you here to answer questions Chris...

When you diet down for a show, you mentioned your macronutrients are around 250carbs, 350protein, and you said relatively low fat.

Do you cycle your carbs?  Or do you just keep the carbs at around 250grams and use cardio and Intense gym sessions to burn the fat off?
Air Falcon

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2008, 09:06:04 PM »
sorry chris, my thread on the g&o got out of hand. Its half and half who believe you, but you should take that as a compliment. ;)
175lbs by 31st July

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Thanks for joining. Hope you'll share some good info.

If anyone starts talking trash I'd just ignore it. It seems to be the popular thing in some areas to trash anyone who's had success. You've already achieved a lot in your career and you certainly don't have to
validate yourself to anonymous people online.