Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62160 times)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2008, 11:30:08 PM »
funny you should show up here being that you also said this about Chris Faildo.  ::)

i know this is a positive board and by all means i am a huge fan of Chris and believe he is natural. i also think Chris will find what Pellius said about him interesting. for Pellius to talk trash about someone then give him credit is basically talking out of both sides of your mouth brah..so would you like to tell Chris personally where you got your information about KNOWING that he took tren and orals?? be real brah.

Mods please dont earse this post :-\  i believe this is positive being that im trying to straighten some things out and put speculation on a members part to rest.
Thanks for backing me up brah, i didn't know he posted those things about me.  Oh well, come on Pellius- i never took any tren or orals-what the hell is that? I'm serious, don't know a thing about any type of illegal drugs, just don't want to know. I've past all of my test because I am clean, that's all to it! I'm not afraid to take a test anytime.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
It is an interesting post and now that pellius is here asking for advice, it would seem fitting that he explain his earlier accusations.

i have a questions for Chris while I'm here......have you always trained like a bber or have you tried other types of training,like  strongman or powerlifting?
I always trained like a bodybuilder.  I incorporate powerlifting exercises like the deads squats and bench, but with higher reps.  I always leave my ego at the front door.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2008, 11:43:14 PM »
Thanks for backing me up brah, i didn't know he posted those things about me.  Oh well, come on Pellius- i never took any tren or orals-what the hell is that? I'm serious, don't know a thing about any type of illegal drugs, just don't want to know. I've past all of my test because I am clean, that's all to it! I'm not afraid to take a test anytime.

no problem Chris. you train hard and work hard also from what i hear. everyone that has met you in person has nothing but good things to say about you. i trained at golds when it was The Gym and you were always genuinely personable. i cant stand it when people lie about someone else or baselessly say someone is on drugs just from looking at a picture of yours, they just dont know. or like Pellius did; just make it up. since this is a positive board i wanted to clear the air about that.
great dvd, the part where you talk about your passion for the sport really spoke volumes.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2008, 01:20:58 AM »
funny you should show up here being that you also said this about Chris Faildo.  ::)

i know this is a positive board and by all means i am a huge fan of Chris and believe he is natural. i also think Chris will find what Pellius said about him interesting. for Pellius to talk trash about someone then give him credit is basically talking out of both sides of your mouth brah..so would you like to tell Chris personally where you got your information about KNOWING that he took tren and orals?? be real brah.

Mods please dont earse this post :-\  i believe this is positive being that im trying to straighten some things out and put speculation on a members part to rest.

I did not mean by any means to talk trash about Chris. What gave you that impression on my posts on this board? I did mention on another broad (G&O) that I was told by those who claim to know Chris that he used tren. I made it clear that I don't know Chris personally and this was just gym talk. Chris' name came up, guy say he's tight with Chris and he really does this and that. I don't even know these guy,s name and just took it with a grain of salt as I don't really care. I mentioned this as a response to previous comments because I thought it was interesting that this fellow mentioned tren and gh15 insists that Chris drips tren.

On this board, the positive board, where Chris is here now and putting himself on the line, I am taking him at his word that he doesn't use anabolic compounds that are illegal in the USA. In a way he should take it as a compliment that he has taken himself to such a high level. To such an unbelievable level that people refuse to believe he has never taken illegal steroids. But I also believe he does everything he can, short of illegal steroids, to achieve such a condition. Why wouldn't he. I'm sure many want to know what things are out there that can help us improve other than just creatine and glutamine.

Chill, my brother.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2008, 01:36:50 AM »

I hope my previous response to Atheist will suffice. Context is everything. Many find it hard to believe that you can achieve such a level of conditioning without hormones. I mentioned that some guys were talking about you in the gym and claimed they know you and that tren was one of your favorites. It was in response to gh15 who brought up tren and I found it interesting that same compound was also mentioned. Gh15 seems to know his stuff but like anybody he can be wrong, I found this out in a most painful way.

You are here now, putting yourself out there to anon internet posters, and taking on all comers. I am here on this board because I want to know as much as I can. I want know know what you know and know what you do. You obvious know things that I don't. You are willing to answer questions. How often do nobody's like me get a chance to interact with people like you and Milos? This is the positive board and I will abide by the rules and conditions. 

We are from the same generation. I remember Ernie Santiago was the man when I was growing up. You're the man in Hawaii now. I never got a chance to talk to Ernie but would just stare at him in the gym when he wasn't looking. He was another one that shunned the grostequely massive look but achieved that superb eye-popping conditioning that I would much rather have.

You're here now and taking questions and I want to take advantage of the opportunity. You can answer any question or no questions at your pleasure and convenience.    

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2008, 08:05:58 AM »
That is correct.  I also use Arginine, lysine caps before and after workouts. 

With regards to the weight gainer question, have you considered using them or do you think they're more harm than good for your physique (when I used weight gainers, N-Large2 was my favorite; IsoMass Xtreme Gainer looks to be a nice one, too)?

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:34 AM »
Finished watching the dvd a while back, and I must say it's my favorite Mits vid ever! Now I've got a couple  questions for ya Chris.

1. Supplements- It seems you pop a handful of pills down with each meal.  What exactly are they and what brand are you using? I know you take vitamins, tribestan, glucosamine, vasopro, etc.... but I'd like to know your whole supplement regimen, if that's ok!

2. Post workout- So you drink Metrx Ultramyosyn whey, bout 60 grams. How many grams of waxy maize are you taking with this shake, and what brand?

3. Diet drinks- I didn't notice you drinking any in the video, but I did see a diet coke at the family dinner. Do you use diet soda during contest prep?

4. Cardio- Do you keep your heart rate steady for the whole duration of your cardio, or do you do intervals? I know it's moderate intensity, but that means different things for most folks. Where do you usually keep your heart rate at?

That's bout all the q's I got for now. Thanks for your time Chris!

Team Willet
Max-OT

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »
I did not mean by any means to talk trash about Chris.
you may not have have meant it but read your post again. you passed off hearsay as actual fact by your verbage. never did you say that the your friend  could have been wrong, nor did you say that it was mere speculation. you implied what you heard was fact on the boards by the words you chose to use.
reread your post again. i have a problem when people are completely dishonest towards someone they dont even know, what would their motivation be for that? success comes with its detractors and im sure Chris knows this now.  Chris your doing a great promoting the sport in the right way.
im done with this subject on this particular board, Pellius if you want to continue you can PM me. there are alot of people who have questions for Chris and i dont want to interfere,just wanted to get that straight.

Chris has put out one of the better bodybuilding dvd's ive seen, most informative and entertaining, honestly.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39:40 PM »
you may not have have meant it but read your post again. you passed off hearsay as actual fact by your verbage. never did you say that the your friend  could have been wrong, nor did you say that it was mere speculation. you implied what you heard was fact on the boards by the words you chose to use.
reread your post again. i have a problem when people are completely dishonest towards someone they don't even know, what would their motivation be for that? success comes with its detractors and I'm sure Chris knows this now.  Chris your doing a great promoting the sport in the right way.
im done with this subject on this particular board, Pellius if you want to continue you can PM me. there are alot of people who have questions for Chris and i dont want to interfere,just wanted to get that straight.

Chris has put out one of the better bodybuilding dvd's ive seen, most informative and entertaining, honestly.

This is the quote I think you are referring to:

"I live in Hawaii and though I don't know Chris all that well that he would speak freely to me I do know some that are much closer to him. When his drug use comes up tren would always be on top of the list. That was the compound he liked the most."

I don't know if this constitutes as "stating this as a fact." But that is a subjective evaluation. If I had to rewrite it I would say that I don't know Chris at all, other than the usual "Hey, any shows coming up?," or "You're always in great shape." type of comments. He's a friendly guy but I know enough to leave him alone while he's training. I would also change the "much closer to him" to "claim that they know him well." To say "much closer" implies that they are buddies. I don't know that. But in relation to me they would be much closer but again I'm just going by what they said.

You are a fan of Chris and you're sticking up for him. I understand that. Perhaps you think I have some ulterior motives. But you are correct that this is not the board for these types of arguments.

Actually, it's funny. While writing this I just scrolled back up to reread the quote to see if I missed anything. The tone of the last two statements does imply, in an almost a matter of a fact way, as if it was just a given, that Chris does use tren. I can see your point. What can I say? Often something is lost in the written word. I leave it to Chris to determine whether or not I have an agenda and if I merit any acknowledgement to my inquires and questions. If not, I still can benefit simply by reading this thread.   

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2008, 03:10:05 PM »
Hey fellas, converse through pm's or take it somewhere else. questions and answers only !

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2008, 03:48:24 PM »
Hey fellas, converse through pm's or take it somewhere else. questions and answers only !

;) one step ahead of you flex

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
;) one step ahead of you flex

Thanx, i didnt see that part of your post!! U da man! :)

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »
To Athiest and Pellius, just bury it guys.  I am not offended at anyones comments on the G&O boards.  Sometimes i get upset at the comments but it has followed me since becoming great at the sport I have so much passion for.  I am honest to all from day one that I will never use any illegal drugs. I am a man of my words and I know I will have many who think otherwise.  Like Pellius said, I take it as a compliment.  I am the first to admit that I have superior genetics with small joints and round muscle bellies.  Not to mention a very fast metabolism.  I am not big in sturcture but make up for it with fantastic shape and condition.  It took me 27 years to create this physique that I display and have sacrificed many things to accomplish this.  I am proud to reveal all of this in my DVD as some of you know and think it is something special for me to share.  I am by no means the best natural bodybuiler out there but I would like to consider being one of the best in the world.  I would like the viewers of my DVD to really watch the interview portion-I say it all.  Thanks again to all who have supported me through this amazing journey.  I will keep working on my physique and hopefully unleash a new and improved package in the 202 someday.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »
With regards to the weight gainer question, have you considered using them or do you think they're more harm than good for your physique (when I used weight gainers, N-Large2 was my favorite; IsoMass Xtreme Gainer looks to be a nice one, too)?
I never considered weight gainers.  I would rather you consume more calories through higher protien consumption or upping your carb or good fats intake. 

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
Finished watching the dvd a while back, and I must say it's my favorite Mits vid ever! Now I've got a couple  questions for ya Chris.

1. Supplements- It seems you pop a handful of pills down with each meal.  What exactly are they and what brand are you using? I know you take vitamins, tribestan, glucosamine, vasopro, etc.... but I'd like to know your whole supplement regimen, if that's ok!

2. Post workout- So you drink Metrx Ultramyosyn whey, bout 60 grams. How many grams of waxy maize are you taking with this shake, and what brand?

3. Diet drinks- I didn't notice you drinking any in the video, but I did see a diet coke at the family dinner. Do you use diet soda during contest prep?

4. Cardio- Do you keep your heart rate steady for the whole duration of your cardio, or do you do intervals? I know it's moderate intensity, but that means different things for most folks. Where do you usually keep your heart rate at?

That's bout all the q's I got for now. Thanks for your time Chris!

supplements- Parrillo performance-Vit c, essential vit, mineral, primrose oil. Thermolife- Trebosten,G-tek. Mega Pro- Vasapro. MHP-Glutamine pwoder, trac nitric oxide. True Protein- Waxy Maize one scoop of waxy mid workout and one scoop after workout. Diet soda- Diet coke sometimes. My cardio is very intense- step mill and lifecycle or treadmill are my favs.  No intervals, heart rate-????

Dragon

• Getbig III
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »
supplements- Parrillo performance-Vit c, essential vit, mineral, primrose oil. Thermolife- Trebosten,G-tek. Mega Pro- Vasapro. MHP-Glutamine pwoder, trac nitric oxide. True Protein- Waxy Maize one scoop of waxy mid workout and one scoop after workout. Diet soda- Diet coke sometimes. My cardio is very intense- step mill and lifecycle or treadmill are my favs.  No intervals, heart rate-????

chris is there a reason for you not taking creatine?
nothing special in your supplement regimen, even more simple than mine >:(   
i better take out a few things next month :-\

thanks for your time bro
LOCAL GYM HERO

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2008, 09:55:04 PM »
chris is there a reason for you not taking creatine?
nothing special in your supplement regimen, even more simple than mine >:(   
i better take out a few things next month :-\

thanks for your time bro
Sorry bro, I did not mention creatine and waxy.  I take 10 grams of creatine everyday.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply! So your cardio is intense. Is it intense to the point where you can't carry on a conversation? I ask because I've heard high intensity cardio is catabolic, just wondering what's your take on this. Just checked out your old website faildo.com. What's up the hurricane survival manual? Do you plan on making a new and updated manual? That'd be awesome!
Team Willet
Max-OT

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2008, 10:23:46 AM »
Thanks for the reply! So your cardio is intense. Is it intense to the point where you can't carry on a conversation? I ask because I've heard high intensity cardio is catabolic, just wondering what's your take on this. Just checked out your old website faildo.com. What's up the hurricane survival manual? Do you plan on making a new and updated manual? That'd be awesome!

I can always carry on a conversation when doing cardio, i just don't like talking while doing it though. I will not release any other training manual, its all in the DVD.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2008, 10:06:15 PM »
Chris, I'm not sure if you want to take questions from me but I hate to see this thread die.

How has your training changed since you were in your late 20s early 30s? Also, what do you think of the Mike Mentzer/A. Jone's HIT type of training protocol? Have you ever tried it?

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2008, 11:55:35 PM »
Chris, I'm not sure if you want to take questions from me but I hate to see this thread die.

How has your training changed since you were in your late 20s early 30s? Also, what do you think of the Mike Mentzer/A. Jone's HIT type of training protocol? Have you ever tried it?
according to his web site he is in LA or Vegas for the USA's, i think..or i saw that on another website.

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
Yes, it'd be a shame for this thread to die! Inquiring minds should fire away questions! Chris, have you ever done a keto diet to get shredded, and what's your take on them? Are you familiar with Dave Palumbo's diet? Seems to be a popular one over at Muscular Development.
Team Willet
Max-OT

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2008, 06:37:29 PM »
Hey Chris thank you for the compliment on your board. after talking to you while we were in Korea I will stay a natural. Even if and when I get that IFBB Pro Card. See you in Vegas bro this weekend

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2008, 08:39:47 AM »
hey chris i don't need to add any comments on your build it's been said,how's alan ichinoise he was awesome in 80's great legs and overall look,does he still train?

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2008, 06:21:24 PM »
Hey folks, still on my trip.  I am now in Vegas for the USA's.  I'll be here till Tuesday and then will back on the islands. The trip has been great so far. I've been hitting the weights at Golds on Flamingo and was pounding it at Golds in Venice LA.  I have been eating on time and taking in my shakes too.  I am a Pro bodybuilder and I will always be hard at work even on business trips.  Like i said, training and eating on time is just a lifestyle for me- not a job.  I will be back home soon to answer more of your questions.