Author Topic: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo  (Read 62119 times)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
Re: Q&A with IFBB Pro Chris Faildo
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2009, 12:06:29 AM »
 :)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2009, 05:38:50 AM »

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2009, 02:16:02 PM »
Had a awesome time in Himeji, Japan.  Love the people, food and rocking the stage!

ygbodybuilder10

• Getbig III
« Reply #253 on: July 24, 2009, 08:05:20 PM »
hey chris do u plan hitting an iffb stage ever?
also how musch muscle do you think a natural young bodybuilder can gain in a year?
Team SCI-FIT

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #254 on: July 31, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »
hey chris do u plan hitting an iffb stage ever?
also how musch muscle do you think a natural young bodybuilder can gain in a year?

I am always training for that one day to make my pro debut.  I don't have any shows plan because I feel I need to pack on more quality muscle to stand on stage with the big boys.  It's a different ball game in the pro ranks...
I think 2lbs- 3 lbs of muscle gain per year is realistic.  Even that is very hard to do being for a natural bb'er.

ving

• Getbig I
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
Hey Chris just finished watching your video again - it's awesome. In the video, you seemed to keep your carb intake fairly consistent from day to day (maybe a slight difference from workout vs. off days). However, what do you think about carb cycling for fat loss? Have you used it in the past? Would you use it again?

Thanks in advance.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2009, 11:20:07 PM »
Hey Chris!

Congrats on all your success and your Pro Card.

You say that you don't have great genetics. If you could change something, what would you change?

Also, what levels of bodyfat do you maintain year-round? Do you ever let them get up in the double-digits? Do you think it is tougher to build muscle without ever getting too "out of shape?"

One last thing: Do you remember (years ago) when one of the IRONMAN encyclopedia publications posted a pic of a Hispanic bodybuilder and put your name on his pic? Don't get me wrong, he looked Bantamweight and he was SHREDDED to the BONE! I think his name was Hernandes or something. Your pic was side by side with his, but I think you were doing a shot where your face wasn't directly facing the camera- or vice versa. He was one of those guys who had the shred goin on like Hamdullah Aykutluh, ya know, the crazy stuff. One pic was of you, the other of him.

I'll always remember that. Your pic was all over in the publication (with the correct name), but they made that typo. They mentioned that you were natural at that time and that was when I really started paying attention to your progress.

I admit, I'm not "natural"- but don't think for one second that guys like you aren't also an inspiration for juiced bodybuilders.

I wish you continued success in whatever endeavors you will make in the future. There is an older gentleman in my gym that is trying to get back into shape. He say's he used to see you everyday at his gym in Hawaii (again, years ago)  ;D  He speaks very highly of you.

Be cool mang! Thanks.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #257 on: August 29, 2009, 06:08:07 PM »
Hey Chris just finished watching your video again - it's awesome. In the video, you seemed to keep your carb intake fairly consistent from day to day (maybe a slight difference from workout vs. off days). However, what do you think about carb cycling for fat loss? Have you used it in the past? Would you use it again?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Ving, my carb intake stays the same everyday throughout my entire contest diet.  I am lucky to have a very fast metabolism that will allow me to do that without carb cycling which I did in the past.  I rather not use it again as it would flatten me out and make me shrink.  My body works well with carbs and I make sure not to overdue it.

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #258 on: August 29, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »
Hey Chris!

Congrats on all your success and your Pro Card.

You say that you don't have great genetics. If you could change something, what would you change?

Also, what levels of bodyfat do you maintain year-round? Do you ever let them get up in the double-digits? Do you think it is tougher to build muscle without ever getting too "out of shape?"

One last thing: Do you remember (years ago) when one of the IRONMAN encyclopedia publications posted a pic of a Hispanic bodybuilder and put your name on his pic? Don't get me wrong, he looked Bantamweight and he was SHREDDED to the BONE! I think his name was Hernandes or something. Your pic was side by side with his, but I think you were doing a shot where your face wasn't directly facing the camera- or vice versa. He was one of those guys who had the shred goin on like Hamdullah Aykutluh, ya know, the crazy stuff. One pic was of you, the other of him.

I'll always remember that. Your pic was all over in the publication (with the correct name), but they made that typo. They mentioned that you were natural at that time and that was when I really started paying attention to your progress.

I admit, I'm not "natural"- but don't think for one second that guys like you aren't also an inspiration for juiced bodybuilders.

I wish you continued success in whatever endeavors you will make in the future. There is an older gentleman in my gym that is trying to get back into shape. He say's he used to see you everyday at his gym in Hawaii (again, years ago)  ;D  He speaks very highly of you.

Be cool mang! Thanks.
If I could change one thing with my genetics it would probably be having a better clavicle bone structure.  Having narrow shoulders is a bodybuilders worst nightmare.  My bodyfat is never a problem for me as I eat fairly clean everyday.  I am not into the bulking up system and it makes it that muych easier when its time to diet down for a guest appearance or show.