Author Topic: AAS and getbig  (Read 3184 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Re: AAS and getbig
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2008, 08:51:13 PM »
I haven't used in like a decade or sumbitch, but there is a certain "fun factor" involved. Not saying it's worth it, but there's a mental aspect thats groovy and gets some banana eaters adicted.

yeah didn't you hear about the 10yr girl that shot her dealer dead and robbed him for his test and dbol :o
irongearco.com

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2008, 08:58:16 PM »
If there were no speed limits, would most get biggers drive faster? No. People do what they want

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2008, 09:10:06 PM »
I'm going to have to search for the exact quote and the exact context it was in.  That sounds very interesting.

Yes please do, and post it if you find anything.  I remember learning about it in college. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2008, 09:22:23 PM »
I just did a little bit of research and I believe what I was referencing can be found in Plato's dialogue The Crito.

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
  • Lets watch the mouth, huh?
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 04:05:28 AM »
I have been tempted a couple of times but in the end didnt bother. Its legal where I am at and cheap as all fuck. Its like $20.00 USD for 2000 mgs of test cyp and u can get HGH and IGF ect ect all over the counter non prescription. Organon, Body research ect.
But I have talked to endocrinologists ect and you cannot sustain,permenantly, any gains over and above what your natural test levels can support. So regardless of how good your PCT is you would have to keep cycling to maintian or grow further.
I am 39 and went to get my test levels checked before I started and they were like 600 anyway which is not bad for a borderline older lifter.
I have been training with weights on and off seriously for 20yrs natural and have been pretty big for my size(making a comeback after a 1yr lay off haha)
I reckon using AAS would kill my motivation to train more than any health risks and side effects and I am happy with the size I can gain naturally.
C

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 04:08:35 AM »

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 05:26:03 AM »
I have been tempted a couple of times but in the end didnt bother. Its legal where I am at and cheap as all fuck. Its like $20.00 USD for 2000 mgs of test cyp and u can get HGH and IGF ect ect all over the counter non prescription. Organon, Body research ect.
But I have talked to endocrinologists ect and you cannot sustain,permenantly, any gains over and above what your natural test levels can support. So regardless of how good your PCT is you would have to keep cycling to maintian or grow further.
I am 39 and went to get my test levels checked before I started and they were like 600 anyway which is not bad for a borderline older lifter.
I have been training with weights on and off seriously for 20yrs natural and have been pretty big for my size(making a comeback after a 1yr lay off haha)
I reckon using AAS would kill my motivation to train more than any health risks and side effects and I am happy with the size I can gain naturally.

This is bullshit.
There are several recent medical research studies done illustrating the fact that supraphysiological doses of steroids do in fact cause satellite cells i.e. permanent new muscle cells (hyperplasia vs. hypertrophy).  So you do in fact permanently alter your muscles by using steroids and increase your size and strength potential than you normally would.  Your muscles shrink when you come off but once you return to training naturally or not you have new found size and strength you wouldn't normally.  Hence why so many pros can blow up all the time.  It's genetics but its also years and years of altering their muscle chemistry and cells.   

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 05:33:33 AM »
Post the study fella
C

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 05:58:50 AM »
Post the study fella

I've already seen them.  If you're interested you can take the time not me.  Sorry! 

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 06:17:09 AM »
I have heard this being a claim of HGH that has yet to be scientifically proven. I would like to read the articles if they are available. Do you know the authors of the study or the journal in which they were published?
C

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2008, 06:22:37 AM »
I have heard this being a claim of HGH that has yet to be scientifically proven. I would like to read the articles if they are available. Do you know the authors of the study or the journal in which they were published?

I've seen them posted over at ProMuscle and BodyofScience to name few.  Human growth hormone has been known to cause hyperplasia for a long time.  Only now are they starting to realize testosterone and steroids can as well cause new cellular growth instead of simply making existing cells bigger.  Go to Pubmed or other places like that and you can find studies proving this. 

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »
cheers mate
will go have a squizz
btw do u juice? just curious. its cool also if you would rather not say.
C

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 05:23:01 PM »
cheers mate
will go have a squizz
btw do u juice? just curious. its cool also if you would rather not say.

Yes I do.  Rather conservatively.  But at 6'5 I need all the help I can get.  Not just for recovery and growth but also for appetite reasons.  Most guys just don't have the appetite for bodybuilding.  I've noticed certain somatotypes are more prone to bigger appetites.  Ectomorphs seems to have the worst appetites.  There is only so much you can do naturally in my opinion to stimiulate appetite.  I also think a big reason you see a lot of big black guys in the IFBB is because naturally they have huge appetites. 

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 05:16:54 AM »
Yeah at 6ft5in some "aasistance" would be needed to really pack it on. I am on the other hand 5ft6in with a medium sized frame so it is possible with high protien diet and training ect for me to get reasonably sizable. I am just getting back into the bb training full on after a 1yr lay off and the diet certainly takes some adjusting too with the increase in meat consumption especially. To be honest its all the cooking that shits me most haha. But I hear what ur saying. Best thing to go for which is what I have been doing is eating alot of egg whites and light fish like talapia which doesnt bloat ur stomach and make eating too much of a chore. Some kinda light cardio before eating helps stimulate my diet, and when I am not too concerned about calories from carbs a small glass of beer or wine helps the appetite as well just before a big meal. I have had friends using equipoise in their cycles that say their appetites go thru the roof, so that might be a solution for u as well, if u havent already tried it.
I tried to find some studies which claimed steroids caused hyperplasia as well as hypertrophy but couldnt find any(I am not saying they dont exist by the way). I did read some interesting research which claimed to back up the GH/slin, IGF-1 mediated hyperplasic effects in muscle, and recommended its use in conjuction with testosterones hypertrophic action for an increased effect, and also to be used in between aas cycles to help keep gains.
Anyway I think you would have to be pretty dedicated(or crazy) to get huge to mess with insulin, but thats just a personal opinion.
C

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 07:01:30 AM »
If steroids were legal 99% of all get biggers would use them.  Agree? 

If they were legal they would be cheaper I think.  So that would make it more enticing.  I dont think people are afraid of the law.  Most are afraid of the effects to their health.
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

SweetMuscles

• Getbig IV
  • The Grim Repper
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 07:05:55 AM »

one of the dumbest replies EVER!!!!! ::)

Why? Both of them are injecting illegal drugs into their veins on a daily basis. What's so different in a crackhead injecting up in a housing project and bodybuilders having 3 injections a day into his ass, arms, or gut? Both are addicts, addicted to substances. Indeed, the crossover is huge when you consider how many bodybuilders use rec drugs like nubain, coke, and heroin in the case of many who crash and burn.

The similarities are far more marked than the differences.

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2008, 07:10:55 AM »

At 39 your natural test levels are on a strong downward trend anyways...so your reasons of losing the motivations to continue training after a cycle are very valid.  But, that doesn't mean you can't look into hormone replacement therapy, as a long term treatment, rather than for quick cosmetic purposes.  ;)

btw...your endocrinologist is correct
just not good enough

ChestBrockwell

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:23 AM »

At 39 your natural test levels are on a strong downward trend anyways...so your reasons of losing the motivations to continue training after a cycle are very valid.  But, that doesn't mean you can't look into hormone replacement therapy, as a long term treatment, rather than for quick cosmetic purposes.  ;)

btw...your endocrinologist is correct

Yeah if my natural levels ever get to the <450 level I would seriously consider HRT. Still I am holding good size that I am happy with and everything else is functioning A OK
i have a 62 yr old friend that I do his HRT for him over here. He doesnt lift but we got his bloodwork done and his test levels were abismal plus he had just recovered from radiotherapy for tonsil cancer of which he is cured and his weight was like 49kgs. I give him a test cyp 200mg and 100mg deca shot weekly and monitor his bloodwork for him. Got him on a workout program too and educated him about a higher protien diet, he is now up to 58kgs, has way more energy and got his sex life back; so I have seen the first hand benefits of HRT
C

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2008, 08:26:02 AM »
Post the study fella

He's probably thinking of this one

1: Histochem Cell Biol. 2005 Aug;124(2):167-75. Epub 2005 Sep 29.
    Skeletal muscle morphology in power-lifters with and without anabolic steroids.
    Eriksson A, Kadi F, Malm C, Thornell LE.

Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section for Anatomy, Umeå University, 901 87 Umeå, Sweden.

The morphological appearance of the vastus lateralis (VL) muscle from high-level power-lifters on long-term anabolic steroid supplementation (PAS) and power-lifters never taking anabolic steroids (P) was compared. The effects of long- and short-term supplementation were compared. Enzyme-immunohistochemical investigations were performed to assess muscle fiber type composition, fiber area, number of myonuclei per fiber, internal myonuclei, myonuclear domains and proportion of satellite cells. The PAS group had larger type I, IIA, IIAB and IIC fiber areas (p<0.05). The number of myonuclei/fiber and the proportion of central nuclei were significantly higher in the PAS group (p<0.05). Similar results were seen in the trapezius muscle (T) but additionally, in T the proportion of fibers expressing developmental myosin isoforms was higher in the PAS group compared to the P group. Further, in VL, the PAS group had significantly larger nuclear domains in fibers containing > or = 5 myonuclei. The results of AS on VL morphology in this study were similar to previously reported short-term effects of AS on VL. The initial effects from AS appear to be maintained for several years.

Can't remember how many years the subjects were clean here. See if you can find the full study.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2008, 08:28:03 AM »
Why? Both of them are injecting illegal drugs into their veins on a daily basis. What's so different in a crackhead injecting up in a housing project and bodybuilders having 3 injections a day into his ass, arms, or gut? Both are addicts, addicted to substances. Indeed, the crossover is huge when you consider how many bodybuilders use rec drugs like nubain, coke, and heroin in the case of many who crash and burn.

The similarities are far more marked than the differences.

good post.

AAS are fine, but 99% of abusers are people that have self esteem issues and are overtly dumb.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »