Author Topic: Reverse Hyper Extension Machine  (Read 2705 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: Reverse Hyper Extension Machine
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 09:58:12 AM »
Great machine....I train at St. Lawrence Universitys gym (the only gym in my small town) and we have a nice one with an adjustable pad at the back of the ankles.

A few years ago I hurt my back doing heavy hack squats.........the injury got better but was a re-ocurring thing.

I attribute using this machine for re-habbing my back.

At first it was so bad I could barely do it without weight.........worked my way up to 190 for a couple sets of 5 reps.

Not a lot for most guys but my back was bad and I`m not a big guy by any stretch of the imagination.

Just recently hurt my back again doing rack deads......so I`ll be using it a lot more for sure.

If you have access to one,use it.............highly recommended for strengthening the posterior chain.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »
lol damn it i gotta get my hands on one of these

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 07:34:43 PM »
the guys that taught me to use it said the big swing, making sure your back rounds at the bottom each rep. you're also not using ultra-heavy weights either. it took me a while to get it, since i'm just so used to making sure my back NEVER opens like that.

man I wish I could turn back time!!! When I first used one I had no idea how to use it. I wanted to put as much weight as possible and kind of swing it up. When you think about it it makes sense to round your back because it decompresses your spine.

The Coach

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:17 AM »
If you don't have a reverse hyper in your gym (most don't) a good alternative is to simply lay on an incline bench with you head facing the seat, place a DB between your feet and extend. When on the incline you can get a little more flexion to the lower lumbar.