Author Topic: Inspired by Arnold...  (Read 13928 times)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
Inspired by Arnold...
« on: July 05, 2008, 10:47:20 PM »
     After a decade (almost) of lifting weight's everyday (on average) for my adult life (before turning 19) this is what I have come up with.
Maturity has led me to understand this is a long term life.  When I started I was about 112 - 117,,, never really made it past 122.  For perspective when I was freshman wrestling I made varsity cause no one else was 112 weight class... don't laugh there was 98 too,,, glad I wasn't him.   :) 
     Somehow some way something made me go to wall mart and spend $40 to get a plastic 120lb. barbell set and 20 lbs screw on db's.  Some one gave me a bench few weeks after... but I still rember that 1st days, doin' curls, you learn about pain and toleration, I notice how much the knurling made my hand hurt.  I remeber thinking just take and and move your arm thats all.  be happy you have arms and are healthy teres people who don't have their health and are unable do anything.  So I told myself do it for that reason... and them, those people that couldn't,  I figured how lazy and insulting it would be to be lazy.  So i did it till it hurt, till I could no longer move my arm at all.  I sat there watching tv,,, zoned into my body, learning about my body. 
     I made a commitment to myself that day,,, figuring there we people who have been doing this, having performed more # of workouts than me, so i vowed to learn and work out every day I live as the sun rises and sets.  I figured I'd attain a certain look after having completed a 1000 workouts.
     Like if a lot of guys on this board had the same # of workouts as they do # of posts,,,,  we'd be seeing alot more monsters walking around....     ;D had to.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Inspired by Arnold...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 10:50:49 PM »
wheels?
A

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:12:02 PM »
   Now in these pics I'm about 175 lbs. had to take about 6 weeks rest, work build up  :)   and maturity says to give the joints a rest.  Obviously quickly after anyone gets involved of bodybuilding you see Arnold.  Countless upon countless people chase the holy grail.  One also see's a # of great "classic" bb'ers which even inspired arnold himself,,,, talkin' about reeves, reg park (arnies), grimek, pearl, scott even jack lalane,,, and joe wieder had a good build back in the day too in all fairness.  these people inspired many.
     Knowing absolutly nothing about this stuff at the begininng I think I want to look like that, i'll do what I have to, if the training hurts what ev. sit there was tv just do it, it'll be over soon,,,,   hope that doesn't sound familar to any married guys.... or girls.   ;D
Anyway after learing sets, reps, german volume training,,,, balistic, weider princicples... .aarrrghghhh it's frustrating   >:(    one day I was so pissed i sat there with wieghts in a static hold until my arms where numb..... I thought to myself "I'm Deforming My body"   weight lifting and resitsnace trainging is a funny thing,,,, damage yourself adapt with tissue,,,, wierd mind blowing stuff.  :o
     Anyway, not long after that you learn what steroids are ( now I'm about late 19 early 20)  by then after 6 ths - a year everyone make the best gains at the start so....   I figure well i accomplished my goal now  ( 112- 150)  figures now I find out and don't need them...   too scared anyway... :)   temptation always follows throught the life this sport brings. I see guys I bigger than one week then not the next...   I'm 175 so... but stilll I been liftin' almost 10yrs wtf..... yeah they're bigger for a while but eventually they gotta come off....  THATS WHY I BELIVE ITS ABOUT THE TRAINING IN THE END.   Now when I started I learned about nutrition , protein, etc...   started eating a 12 doz hard boiled eggs a day,,, ( about 3-4 egg yolk total)  after a while of course WG shakes,, after I learned about them and GNC,,, spent some $$$ and took the andro in year 1999 or 2000 what ev.... now it's illegal,,, like mag 10,,,, what ev....
My goal for a while was 200 lbs,,, but i only got up there twice,,,, it's a lot of work / worry about your weight,,,, the eating you gotta remeber I was 112 so eating for my childhood was small portions,,,, not used to it, becomes a chore,,,,  one that I have been doing for almost 8/9 years.  
   I am excepting the fact this is long term and maybe in another five I getbig(ger)  maybe 190's who knows but for know this will have to do and I'll keep liftin'.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:13:56 PM »
I dont think you were inspired by arnold but inspired by osama bin laden

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:22:12 PM »
I'll get some wheel pics up too.... like alrnold thin but kinda cut, shapely,, I have small joints so.... legs will be white and hairy....   ;D   That  stuff would need work along with some posing work,,,, which in the "sport" posing really is worked on at all times,,, helps physique harden too. :)   I more "hit shots" while working out or through out the day helps but not like a 30 min. posing session a day so...  I have'nt really been "cometitive serious" for over 4 years now though... kinda why i'm posting these pics and I'm back on this site... #1 in bodybuilding, obviously. I really would have liked to post when I was a lil' bigger/fuller but it is what it is and this is everyday anyway so...  maybe that's why the relaxed shot is so important in bb'n.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 11:31:16 PM »
I dont think you were inspired by arnold but inspired by osama bin laden

I started out working out in a "dungeon" so,,,  and the way the video is framed w/ background,,, I was debating on putting this up to post..... and to take the pics I was a lil' lazy.  I can assure you though that my inspiration does come from this great country, along with it's icons,,,, even though Arnold wasn't born here but he worked for it and got here,,, worked to become a citizen, worked and accomplished the great dream life that America offers,  paid taxes,,, small price to pay to live in the greatest country in the world ( come on guys,,, in reality, the best living, people even with bs politics and pc correctines.... what ev. best country on earth.)  So yes Anorld is an american / global icon.  Imagine the millions of people hes inspired...   All from a boy lifting weights in a gym from small town graz in austria and that boy inspired other boys while they lifted weights in their small towns... It's cosmicly cool.  ::)  it really is though.  ;)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »
Noticed the competitor stars?  What show did you do and what did you place?
\

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 12:28:22 AM »
You have a good structure. If you make those long arms massive, you're going to look like a beast!

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 01:49:33 AM »
Noticed the competitor stars?  What show did you do and what did you place?
did a natural mr new york show few years back.... good experience, don't know what the ifbb card looks like but know the inbf is laminated...  ;D  didn't place too high, needed better posing & routine but I was privlaged enough before first round in the dressing room, the kid that wound up winning the class ( 175 ) looked at me (mirror next to me (funny phrasing there.... ahhh gotta love this "sport")) anyway the guy that was applying his coat of shoe polish,,, I mean tanner :) looks an says "well you know it's down between you and me"   so we go out on pre judging and it end s I'm on one side of the line then go to the other,,,, ( now I know that means something such as going from first to last or last to first, still figuring that one out)   cause if memory serves me correctly, along with the fact that pre judge is basically "hitting shots" or mandatory poses as they admin. cares to refer...   therefore gym guys could even pull that off without too much experience because after the pre judge I felt some confidence there and as soon as I stepped of stage admin. came over and asked me if I'd been drug tested, so I said no ( at that point I hadn't but I knew there was testing, wouldn't matter for me anyday anyway) with that I instructed to grab my things and report to a lie detector test. 
     Now I'm thinking to myself well this has gotta be good cause at the time i did train well for this I was pretty full and cut, developed.  So I knew in there at the class 175 i wanted to be on the heavy end, no sense in being low end heavy, tougher to be fuller but in that class on that day I was the fullest, trained yes and I concede to genetics also, double edge sword in any case, good nutrition, protien, fuel grazed liked a cow.  Abs help.Anyway this is the 1st time I'm every doin' somethin' like this... a lie detector kinda cool,,, wierd they hook these bands round your waist blood pressure cuff, somethin on your finget face you away from them and ask you questions, generic at beginning then ask about steriods and other stuff, a few different ways, generic questions or 2 then if your were truthful then out.  So after that go get something to eat and the big guys from the heavies are commin' into the chinese rest. and lookin at me noddin' cool...  I mean you are backstage and you see a lot of people ( girls / guys / clothes no clothes / family members / clothes no clothes.... whos still readin'...   ;D  gotta wrap then go to work soon ) so there is no hiding what you got,,,, alll you work speaks for itself in the end, and i give everyone that competes credit for doing it, it's mentally, physically and emotionally challenging.   So now I'm gettin ready and all excited and it's really between this guy n me he goes up I see his routine and say well, let's just say I wasn't intimadated by his physique... then after I was up for the final I relized quickly it was more than physique and "hitting shots", it's about posing and a routine... it's more like theatre and acting almost, your on stage now entertain,,,, a crowd of people,,,,  after a few weeks of apllied piles of nair to rid your body of hair,,,,, then applied coats of sho pol ah tanner :) maybe if I had a better outlook and focused on my posing routine instead of looking at classic physique's to emulate and a few cool poses / flexes, I would have placed higher. 
Long story short.  I would have won the class anyway.  Things happen for a reason, one never knows where one will end up.  Maybe to compete again one day...... never say never again.       insert bond theme and out. :)

You have a good structure. If you make those long arms massive, you're going to look like a beast!
I thank you kindly and sincerely sir.  You know when that last rep comes into play and and it burns real bad its things like that that people say and do to each other that pushes people towards good, everyone, all walks of life, all professions and livelyhoods. human beings are wonderful creatures.        Now not for nothing,,,, anyone who would complain or any neg. comments about the original centerpiece on the internet for bodybuilding,,, getbig.com      hasn't been here long enough.... I know I haven't an I been round here a while..... first time I posted pics here though..... and people say cool things, up front honest,that's a reason I decided to post... you can even get up to the minute breaking news round the world on these message boards. i knew bout madonna n a rod first outta all my local friends   ::)  ... G & O board is cool.  ;D
GETBIG.com is #1 glad to be part of this community. thanks 

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 05:38:53 AM »
I was going to post a comment, but what is going on here?

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 07:03:39 AM »
I was going to post a comment, but what is going on here?

have at it then  ;D

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 07:15:20 AM »
liftin for the people man

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 07:38:36 AM »
did a natural mr new york show few years back.... good experience, don't know what the ifbb card looks like but know the inbf is laminated...  ;D  didn't place too high, needed better posing & routine but I was privlaged enough before first round in the dressing room, the kid that wound up winning the class ( 175 ) looked at me (mirror next to me (funny phrasing there.... ahhh gotta love this "sport")) anyway the guy that was applying his coat of shoe polish,,, I mean tanner :) looks an says "well you know it's down between you and me"   so we go out on pre judging and it end s I'm on one side of the line then go to the other,,,, ( now I know that means something such as going from first to last or last to first, still figuring that one out)   cause if memory serves me correctly, along with the fact that pre judge is basically "hitting shots" or mandatory poses as they admin. cares to refer...   therefore gym guys could even pull that off without too much experience because after the pre judge I felt some confidence there and as soon as I stepped of stage admin. came over and asked me if I'd been drug tested, so I said no ( at that point I hadn't but I knew there was testing, wouldn't matter for me anyday anyway) with that I instructed to grab my things and report to a lie detector test. 
     Now I'm thinking to myself well this has gotta be good cause at the time i did train well for this I was pretty full and cut, developed.  So I knew in there at the class 175 i wanted to be on the heavy end, no sense in being low end heavy, tougher to be fuller but in that class on that day I was the fullest, trained yes and I concede to genetics also, double edge sword in any case, good nutrition, protien, fuel grazed liked a cow.  Abs help.Anyway this is the 1st time I'm every doin' somethin' like this... a lie detector kinda cool,,, wierd they hook these bands round your waist blood pressure cuff, somethin on your finget face you away from them and ask you questions, generic at beginning then ask about steriods and other stuff, a few different ways, generic questions or 2 then if your were truthful then out.  So after that go get something to eat and the big guys from the heavies are commin' into the chinese rest. and lookin at me noddin' cool...  I mean you are backstage and you see a lot of people ( girls / guys / clothes no clothes / family members / clothes no clothes.... whos still readin'...   ;D  gotta wrap then go to work soon ) so there is no hiding what you got,,,, alll you work speaks for itself in the end, and i give everyone that competes credit for doing it, it's mentally, physically and emotionally challenging.   So now I'm gettin ready and all excited and it's really between this guy n me he goes up I see his routine and say well, let's just say I wasn't intimadated by his physique... then after I was up for the final I relized quickly it was more than physique and "hitting shots", it's about posing and a routine... it's more like theatre and acting almost, your on stage now entertain,,,, a crowd of people,,,,  after a few weeks of apllied piles of nair to rid your body of hair,,,,, then applied coats of sho pol ah tanner :) maybe if I had a better outlook and focused on my posing routine instead of looking at classic physique's to emulate and a few cool poses / flexes, I would have placed higher. 
Long story short.  I would have won the class anyway.  Things happen for a reason, one never knows where one will end up.  Maybe to compete again one day...... never say never again.       insert bond theme and out. :)
I thank you kindly and sincerely sir.  You know when that last rep comes into play and and it burns real bad its things like that that people say and do to each other that pushes people towards good, everyone, all walks of life, all professions and livelyhoods. human beings are wonderful creatures.        Now not for nothing,,,, anyone who would complain or any neg. comments about the original centerpiece on the internet for bodybuilding,,, getbig.com      hasn't been here long enough.... I know I haven't an I been round here a while..... first time I posted pics here though..... and people say cool things, up front honest,that's a reason I decided to post... you can even get up to the minute breaking news round the world on these message boards. i knew bout madonna n a rod first outta all my local friends   ::)  ... G & O board is cool.  ;D
GETBIG.com is #1 glad to be part of this community. thanks 

none of this sounds true

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 07:38:55 AM »
Mantis kung-fu?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 09:18:40 AM »
Mantis kung-fu?

;D finally a challenge

175lbs by 31st July

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 10:39:31 AM »
raar
$

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 11:27:58 AM »
damn...Ron is just giving away the blue stars at this point

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
amen
w

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »
;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:57 AM »
how long ago did you get diagnosed ?

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
That's not Michael Phelps

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 11:44:07 AM »
amen

Next thing you know, he'll even given them to Nasser. After he places 2nd to Vince Goodrum, who still (thankfully) won't have his stars!!!

Paul Allen

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »
he looks like a retarded love child of McFarland and True Adonis.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2008, 12:43:06 PM »

LMAO!  :D

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 12:44:35 PM »
maybe ron had wrong glasses on and the guy looked twice as big to him or something?