Author Topic: Is Chick the second most successful bodybuilder in his post-competition career ?  (Read 3550 times)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
actually, Joe Wieder and Arnold would take top spots and if you wanted to split hairs just think what came first, the chicken or the egg.
as a business from the start, joe weider own(ed)(s) bodybuilding after he got involved with the sport.  So it's as if after joe weider got into bodybuilding he wound up owning it and after Arnold got into to it he wound up becoming it.
Arnold would have become a success with or without bb'n and joe would have owned bb'n anyway.... but having each other when they did allowed them swifter successes.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
I got friends who do not know who ronnie is but could spot Lou as the security guard in the new hulk movie. They said that he is HUGE! (they were not wrong)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
If you want to measure the success by who is the best known it is really.  Arnold and Lou are easily the most recognizable and known BB's in the world.  There are really no other BB's ever that are more known and recognized than these two.  If you showed 99% of the population pictures of Ronnie Coleman or any of the former Mr. Olympia's they would not know there names.  Franco Columbo is probably better known than Ronnie Coleman or the others.  The sad part about this is that these guys haven't competed in 25+ years.  What does it say for how BB's have been marketed since. 

If you are talking BB's who have made a lot of money since BB.  Arnold is easily #1.  Pete G. is way up there at #2 or #3.  Louie has made a pretty penny since competing.  Manny Perry at one time at least was making $250,000 a year on just residuals.  Steve Reeves was not poor I'm sure.  Mickey Hargitay did pretty well.  Sean Connery not known as a BB but was one at one time.  Labrada, and Gaspari are doing very well.  Dorian isn't doing to bad himself.  Chic does well cause he can talk and has a personality.  Most BB's are very boring.

The Coach

Arnold is the "second most successful"? (see title)....     uhhhhh, okay.  ::)   For some reason, I'd put him in first, Joe.

I blame "dyslexia" (and Peggy) for my mental problems ;D

Pecs

• Getbig IV
Shawn Ray and Bod Chic could really talk....i give them that...

knny187

• Getbig V
Where's Strydom sitting?

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
Where's Strydom sitting?

...Should be sitting doing some friggin rows........... ;D

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Hell no.  Not finacially that's for sure.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Labrada and Bill Phillips, after Arnold of course..

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
I don't know his financials, but would have to assume that Chick is doing extremely well.

Others doing well post-comp are Vince Taylor, Mike Christian, Lee Haney, and Rich Gaspari. 
Vince Taylor?? I thought he was broke, thats why he came back to competing at FIFTY!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
Labrada and Bill Phillips, after Arnold of course..

Labrada isn't even in the top 5 but maybe in the top 10.  Onlyme stating Pete G would most likely be #2 or #3. 
No Worries 4 me

Moosejay

If you want to measure the success by who is the best known it is really.  Arnold and Lou are easily the most recognizable and known BB's in the world.  There are really no other BB's ever that are more known and recognized than these two.  If you showed 99% of the population pictures of Ronnie Coleman or any of the former Mr. Olympia's they would not know there names.  Franco Columbo is probably better known than Ronnie Coleman or the others.  The sad part about this is that these guys haven't competed in 25+ years.  What does it say for how BB's have been marketed since. 

If you are talking BB's who have made a lot of money since BB.  Arnold is easily #1.  Pete G. is way up there at #2 or #3.  Louie has made a pretty penny since competing.  Manny Perry at one time at least was making $250,000 a year on just residuals.  Steve Reeves was not poor I'm sure.  Mickey Hargitay did pretty well.  Sean Connery not known as a BB but was one at one time.  Labrada, and Gaspari are doing very well.  Dorian isn't doing to bad himself.  Chic does well cause he can talk and has a personality.  Most BB's are very boring.

Ray 'Thunder' Stern...recently deceased, multimillionaire

Arthur Jones, also recently deceased, multimillionaire

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
I would go with Tom Cruise #1...Arnold #2...Brad Pitt #3...Carrot Top #4...Edward Norton #5...Just as long we are all taking about competitive bodybuilders right?

HeyNow

• Getbig III
From the looks of things he is living a dream, working in an industry he loves and getting paid well to do so.  You all forgot to mention Dodgeball too. :)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
The second would be Sean Connery.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
I would go with Tom Cruise #1...Arnold #2...Brad Pitt #3...Carrot Top #4...Edward Norton #5...Just as long we are all taking about competitive bodybuilders right?

competitive bodybuilders???.....

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
competitive bodybuilders???.....

Didn't Carrot Top just win the South West Douchebag of the year national physique challenge?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...

gayer than any pro who hasn't had some form of organ failure being considered "SUCCESSFUL"  :-\
just not good enough

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Gayer than using the term "successful" and "bodybuilder" in the same sentence.
Ron: "I am lazy."

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
gayer than Shawn Ray doing a Tranny