Author Topic: TIRED OF STUPID IRAN FEARMONGERING  (Read 9714 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: TIRED OF STUPID IRAN FEARMONGERING
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2008, 09:55:29 PM »
You're wrong in saying I measure life in terms of monetary success. For some, the basic necessities are all that are needed: good roof over head, food on the table and a family. I've spent time in third world countries in South America, so I've seen first-hand what it's like not to have the basics. If I lost my home, cars and money (the basics), I'd still feel privileged to live in the country I do, knowing I can get what I need back through hard work. In some countries, it just doesn't work that way. I know highly educated people in South America who simply can't find work.

My aim isn't to bash the European countries you listed. And, you are right in saying that people from those countries aren't clamoring to come here. But they certainly aren't clamoring to get into Iran!!

This entire thread started about people saying being critical of Iran's leader was "fearmongering". I'm guessing these people have never been to the middle east or a third world country to see what life is truly like under a dictatorship. If they did, they would know that Ahmadinejad is neither good for his people nor the rest of the world. We (civilized societies) should fear this man.

You are almost in the middle; most people on this board say Europe sucks and the US is #1 because you have the bombs.
I hate the State.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2008, 05:42:49 AM »
You're wrong in saying I measure life in terms of monetary success. For some, the basic necessities are all that are needed: good roof over head, food on the table and a family. I've spent time in third world countries in South America, so I've seen first-hand what it's like not to have the basics. If I lost my home, cars and money (the basics), I'd still feel privileged to live in the country I do, knowing I can get what I need back through hard work. In some countries, it just doesn't work that way. I know highly educated people in South America who simply can't find work.

My aim isn't to bash the European countries you listed. And, you are right in saying that people from those countries aren't clamoring to come here. But they certainly aren't clamoring to get into Iran!!

This entire thread started about people saying being critical of Iran's leader was "fearmongering". I'm guessing these people have never been to the middle east or a third world country to see what life is truly like under a dictatorship. If they did, they would know that Ahmadinejad is neither good for his people nor the rest of the world. We (civilized societies) should fear this man.

You may  not but  most Americans view a great life in terms of materialistic possessions.  I.e. go to college get a job make money buy a big house most of us don't need, drive a car most of us don't need, buy a cell phone most of us don't need, wear certain clothes most of us don't need.  Our society is based on consumption.  Don't you ever get sick of our "plastic" life nowadays?  We are a great country with great people but like most of the industrialized world we've lost our soul in my opinion.  What is American culture anymore?  McDonald's and Coca-Cola?  Britney Spears and Guitar Hero?  MTV and Dancing with the Stars? 

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2008, 05:52:39 AM »
For some people, yes, you are correct. But the beauty is they can re-learn what is important in life. People change jobs, their goals change, and different things become important in different stages in their life.

Again, that kind of freedom just doesn't exist in Iran. You can find examples time and time again of people who leave such nations on earth and come to other ones to make better lives for themselves.

I believe it's human nature to live with the freedoms we enjoy and it's worth protecting.

No country is perfect, and no way of life is perfect. It's just not possible.

But it should be clear that the way the Iranian leader talks and conducts himself just isn't right. The guy is no good. That's what this thread is about.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2008, 06:13:29 AM »
For some people, yes, you are correct. But the beauty is they can re-learn what is important in life. People change jobs, their goals change, and different things become important in different stages in their life.

Again, that kind of freedom just doesn't exist in Iran. You can find examples time and time again of people who leave such nations on earth and come to other ones to make better lives for themselves.

I believe it's human nature to live with the freedoms we enjoy and it's worth protecting.

No country is perfect, and no way of life is perfect. It's just not possible.

But it should be clear that the way the Iranian leader talks and conducts himself just isn't right. The guy is no good. That's what this thread is about.

Point taken however, I think if you were to talk with Iranian people they would feel very different.  Iranian people are much more westernized than the media would have you believe.  Have you been to Iran?  Have you immersed yourself in their culture?  Do you feel Ahamadenijhad represents the Iranian people?  Does George Bush represent the American people? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2008, 07:16:37 AM »
Point taken however, I think if you were to talk with Iranian people they would feel very different.  Iranian people are much more westernized than the media would have you believe.  Have you been to Iran?  Have you immersed yourself in their culture?  Do you feel Ahamadenijhad represents the Iranian people?  Does George Bush represent the American people? 

Well have u...what countries have  visited...what utter drivel. When was the last time u spent anytime outside the US. Europeans are consumers just like the US. They'rte flocking here on vacation to buy things because of the strong Euro. Have U been to Iran. Ive spent more time then I care to in the Middle East. Ur posts are some much junk. Europe is just as "plastic" as we are. I spend about 200 plus days traveling abroad per year...how many countries do u visit?
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »
Well have u...what countries have  visited...what utter drivel. When was the last time u spent anytime outside the US. Europeans are consumers just like the US. They'rte flocking here on vacation to buy things because of the strong Euro. Have U been to Iran. Ive spent more time then I care to in the Middle East. Ur posts are some much junk. Europe is just as "plastic" as we are. I spend about 200 plus days traveling abroad per year...how many countries do u visit?

I never said Europe is better than the U.S.  I said much of the industrialized world has lost its soul.  No I have never been to the middle east specifically.  Did I say Iran is a better country?  No.  You are making generalizations.  Now that I said much of the industrialized world has lost its soul you're going to generalize that into saying I'd rather live in a third world country.  See how it is reasoning with simpletons like yourself who can't think outside the box? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2008, 07:50:21 AM »
U asked somebody if they had been to Iran, u have not either. I then mentioned the Middle East...u haven't been there either. I have, u have zero frame of reference. I mentioned Europe, when was the last time u have been there? They are no different then us. I never said u would rather live in the 3rd world but I would encourage u to travel to a 3rd world country so u have some frame of reference. It would appear u get ur info from the net. As far as being a simpleton...whats ur education level...what do u do for a living? U don't travel, especially to place u try and sound expert about. I'd have to say ur an idiot, at best, naive.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2008, 08:11:37 AM »
U asked somebody if they had been to Iran, u have not either. I then mentioned the Middle East...u haven't been there either. I have, u have zero frame of reference. I mentioned Europe, when was the last time u have been there? They are no different then us. I never said u would rather live in the 3rd world but I would encourage u to travel to a 3rd world country so u have some frame of reference. It would appear u get ur info from the net. As far as being a simpleton...whats ur education level...what do u do for a living? U don't travel, especially to place u try and sound expert about. I'd have to say ur an idiot, at best, naive.

When did I pretend to sound like an expert on Iran although I work with many Iranian people and I can tell you they have VERY different views of their own country than what most Americans think.  My questions were in reference to MP.  I asked him if he'd ever been to Iran, has he talked to Iranian people, immersed himself in their culture.  He was making strong statements generalizing the country and the people.  Not me.  Hence why I asked him the question.  And as a matter of fact yes I have been to Europe and yes I have traveled abroad, but not to the middle east.  Sorry but because you've been overseas in the military does not make you an expert on any country or culture either.  If I listened to all the military guys I know about their experiences in other countries and what they thought of the rest of the world I'd probably come off as an ethnocentric culturalphobe.  Probably much like yourself.  I know enough about the "thrid world" to realize not every third world country is a "shithole" filled with crazy jihadists who want to kill Americans.  My education level and livelihood is irrelevant to this debate.  If you don't like what I say then offer up your own arguments and your own facts. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2008, 08:22:16 AM »
I do....I've traveled extensively all over the world and while u would love to dismiss that experience as irrelevent, its of course, superior to ur own. My moms' from Ireland so I traveled all over Europe when I was young. Ur education level is relevent and life experience as well. If u haven't been to the 3rd world, I'd imagine u have no real idea what ur talking about. Ur facts are taken from the net, u have zero frame of reference.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2008, 09:02:59 AM »
I do....I've traveled extensively all over the world and while u would love to dismiss that experience as irrelevent, its of course, superior to ur own. My moms' from Ireland so I traveled all over Europe when I was young. Ur education level is relevent and life experience as well. If u haven't been to the 3rd world, I'd imagine u have no real idea what ur talking about. Ur facts are taken from the net, u have zero frame of reference.

You seem to internalize everything I say as to be some sort of personal attack.  I never dismissed your experience as irrelevant but your experience does not automatically make you an expert on culture or people.  But you seem to have this negative, dirty view of the third world.  Sorry just because I've never "physically" been to the middle east does not mean I have zero frame of reference.   As far as my education I'm a college graduate if that matters at all. 

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2008, 09:04:05 AM »
Gayer than posting in a thread that I didn't even read the title of