Author Topic: Bahahaha !!!  (Read 12811 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Bahahaha !!!
« on: July 12, 2008, 03:49:34 PM »
Christian News Site Calls Sprinter Tyson Gay 'Tyson Homosexual'
Posted Jun 30th 2008 7:32AM by Michael David Smith

It's going to be an embarrassing day at the office for people who get their news from the Christian web site One News Now. The water cooler conversation about sports is going to get awkward when they say, "Did you see the record set by Tyson Homosexual?"

Yes, One News Now, which describes itself as providing "your latest news from a Christian perspective," calls the Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay "Tyson Homosexual."

Jim Buzinski of Outsports explains that the site has set a filter to change the word "gay" to "homosexual," and they don't bother to look at the context of the story before applying the filter. And that's how Gay became Homosexual.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Bahahaha !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
Christian News Site Calls Sprinter Tyson Gay 'Tyson Homosexual'
Posted Jun 30th 2008 7:32AM by Michael David Smith

It's going to be an embarrassing day at the office for people who get their news from the Christian web site One News Now. The water cooler conversation about sports is going to get awkward when they say, "Did you see the record set by Tyson Homosexual?"

Yes, One News Now, which describes itself as providing "your latest news from a Christian perspective," calls the Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay "Tyson Homosexual."

Jim Buzinski of Outsports explains that the site has set a filter to change the word "gay" to "homosexual," and they don't bother to look at the context of the story before applying the filter. And that's how Gay became Homosexual.

Good stuff....
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 02:45:02 AM »
LOL

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
God, you know my heart and you know it angers me that I and my fellow believers are ridculed as such.  In my mind and heart, I want so much vengeance, to the point of pummeling the nay-sayers within an inch of their life.  But when I dig deeper into my soul, I know that it is there you reside.  So I take comfort in your words spoken through the disciples.  Thank you, God.  I love you with all my heart, soul, and mind.  Amen

Peter 1
A Living Hope, and a Sure Salvation
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen

2according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

5who are (W)protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6(AA)In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,

7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

8and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,

9obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of [a]your souls.

10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,

11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look.

13Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,

15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

16because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

17If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

18knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,

19but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

20For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you

21who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

22Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,

23for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

24For,
         "ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS,
         AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS.
         THE GRASS WITHERS,
         AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,
    25BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER "
         And this is the word which was preached to you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »
God, you know my heart and you know it angers me that I and my fellow believers are ridculed as such.  In my mind and heart, I want so much vengeance, to the point of pummeling the nay-sayers within an inch of their life.  But when I dig deeper into my soul, I know that it is there you reside.  So I take comfort in your words spoken through the disciples.  Thank you, God.  I love you with all my heart, soul, and mind.  Amen

You should work on your anger issues.

Remember - blessed are the meek

The only reason you feel ridiculed is because your fellow christians do things that are so utterly worthy of ridicule

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »

Peter 1
A Living Hope, and a Sure Salvation
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who reside as aliens, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who are chosen

2according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, by the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with His blood: May grace and peace be yours in the fullest measure.

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,

5who are (W)protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

6(AA)In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,

7so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

8and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,

9obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of [a]your souls.

10As to this salvation, the prophets who prophesied of the grace that would come to you made careful searches and inquiries,

11seeking to know what person or time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He predicted the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow.

12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven--things into which angels long to look.

13Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

14As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,

15but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;

16because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

17If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;

18knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers,

19but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.

20For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you

21who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

22Since you have in obedience to the truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brethren, fervently love one another from the heart,

23for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.

24For,
         "ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS,
         AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS.
         THE GRASS WITHERS,
         AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF,
    25BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER "
         And this is the word which was preached to you.

Yes, you are the man.  :)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 10:30:06 AM »

You should work on your anger issues.

Remember - blessed are the meek

The only reason you feel ridiculed is because your fellow christians do things that are so utterly worthy of ridicule
I ain't madatcha, bro!  I'm just being real. 

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 10:31:18 AM »
Yes, you are the man.  :)
Just trying to keep it real, Beach.  It helps so much when you have scripture to reference. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:11:41 AM »
I ain't madatcha, bro!  I'm just being real. 

I didn't think you were mad at me but what exactly is it that is making you so angry that you feel the need for  "vengeance, to the point of pummeling the nay-sayers within an inch of their life"

Why make a statement like that in (what appears to be) a response to a story about the stupidty (or carelessness) of the editors of that particular website

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 11:56:18 AM »
I didn't think you were mad at me but what exactly is it that is making you so angry that you feel the need for  "vengeance, to the point of pummeling the nay-sayers within an inch of their life"

Why make a statement like that in (what appears to be) a response to a story about the stupidty (or carelessness) of the editors of that particular website
It's not just this post, but more of a conglomeration of statements that are posted on this board (so, it really could have been any of the anti-God rhetoric).  Eventually, it starts to wear on you, to the point that you have those kinds of thoughts.  My prayer was to demonstrate what I normally go through when I'm at that point.  Though the "fleshly" side of me wants to take action, God and his words through the writers of scripture always win out and I am encouraged.  That's why I added the verse from 1 Peter. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 12:13:10 PM »
There is nothing wrong with being angry.  It's a normal human emotion.  There are a couple of verses that actually say be angry, but control yourself:

"Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.  Selah" 
Psalm 4:4

“Be angry, and do not sin”:[a] do not let the sun go down on your wrath"
Ephesians 4:26

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »
There is nothing wrong with being angry.  It's a normal human emotion.  There are a couple of verses that actually say be angry, but control yourself:

"Be angry, and do not sin.
Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still.  Selah" 
Psalm 4:4

“Be angry, and do not sin”:[a] do not let the sun go down on your wrath"
Ephesians 4:26

U da man!!!

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 02:34:14 PM »
Though the "fleshly" side of me wants to take action, God and his words through the writers of scripture always win out and I am encouraged.  That's why I added the verse from 1 Peter. 

Only God possesses the ultimate in patience and understanding.

No matter how good intentions may be, sometimes our fleshly sides can overtake us:
(caution: vulgar language in clip)

R

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »

No matter how good intentions may be, sometimes our fleshly sides can overtake us:

LOL!  One of the Friday movies?  I've seen all three.   ;D 

A few weeks ago two old lady Jehovah's Witnesses came by the house.  My son ran and got my oldest daughter, who proceeded to let them burn her ear for about ten minutes.  She didn't want to be "rude," so she listened.  Last weekend I was home alone and the two old ladies came by the house.  I didn't answer the door.  Then they came back again a few days later.  They marked us!  My youngest answered the door.  My oldest then tells the youngest to say she is "in the shower" then runs and calls me in my office to ask what she should do.  After I finished laughing, I told her to tell the truth next time and face them like a (wo)man.  Her mother (who is much more forward than both of us) then showed up and told the ladies to take a hike, but in a nice way.   :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »
Holy moly, it's just a message board. Anyone who wants to homicide or beat people within an inch of their lives over one, should step back a little, and read a LOT of scripture. 

Just send a PM to STella if you don't like something.  It works for the heathens.  :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:10:08 PM »
It's not just this post, but more of a conglomeration of statements that are posted on this board (so, it really could have been any of the anti-God rhetoric).  Eventually, it starts to wear on you, to the point that you have those kinds of thoughts.  My prayer was to demonstrate what I normally go through when I'm at that point.  Though the "fleshly" side of me wants to take action, God and his words through the writers of scripture always win out and I am encouraged.  That's why I added the verse from 1 Peter. 

I kind of know how you feel although I'm on the opposite side of the issue.  I'm sick and tired of hearing a barrage of nonsense, inconsistency and hypocricy from the religious folks in this country.    Oddly, even without the benefit of scripture, I don't feel any need for vengence or to beat someone within an inch of their life.   It seems the religous types are the ones filled with the most anger and violence.    The Muslims win the grand prize in this category.  They are constantly feeling insulted to the point of feeling justified to commit bodily harm.   Seems like the more religious one is the more one is inclined to feel insulted, angry and defensive

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »

He sure as hell doesn't in the Bible...mass murdering babies, wiping out the world, condemning people to burn in hell for rejecting his 'offer', cursing poor fig trees....there are many other deities that are more understanding and patient than the bibical one.
I hate the State.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 07:58:53 PM »

i dont know whats funnier....the clip or the fact that Stella posted it   ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 08:27:04 AM »

;D ;D ;D HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAA ;D ;D ;D

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2008, 08:39:50 AM »
I kind of know how you feel although I'm on the opposite side of the issue.  I'm sick and tired of hearing a barrage of nonsense, inconsistency and hypocricy from the religious folks in this country.    Oddly, even without the benefit of scripture, I don't feel any need for vengence or to beat someone within an inch of their life.   It seems the religous types are the ones filled with the most anger and violence.    The Muslims win the grand prize in this category.  They are constantly feeling insulted to the point of feeling justified to commit bodily harm.   Seems like the more religious one is the more one is inclined to feel insulted, angry and defensive
You bring up some excellent points, Straw.  I think I can safely speak for the other Christians who are on this board when I say that for us, it's not about religion...it's about a personal relationship with Christ.  For me, God is not about religion, and I believe that until you have that personal relationship with you, that's all He'll be to you.  Remember, bro, I've always left the door open for you to talk about the relationship aspect.  And that offer is always going to be there for you.  I believe that to be true for Stella, MCWay, Loco, Beach, Hustle Man, and the others. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
You bring up some excellent points, Straw.  I think I can safely speak for the other Christians who are on this board when I say that for us, it's not about religion...it's about a personal relationship with Christ.  For me, God is not about religion, and I believe that until you have that personal relationship with you, that's all He'll be to you.  Remember, bro, I've always left the door open for you to talk about the relationship aspect.  And that offer is always going to be there for you.  I believe that to be true for Stella, MCWay, Loco, Beach, Hustle Man, and the others. 

Why, in spite of the benefit of that personal relationship, do you still feel so angry and insulted to the point where you wish you could beat someone almost to death?  That's the part that I find incongruent with the supposed peace that comes with that relationship

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2008, 09:29:30 AM »
Why, in spite of the benefit of that personal relationship, do you still feel so angry and insulted to the point where you wish you could beat someone almost to death?  That's the part that I find incongruent with the supposed peace that comes with that relationship
I don't think that Colossus himself feels insulted, but that he loves God so much that it sometimes upsets him when people dis God.

A loose analogy could be along the lines of someone constantly bad-mouthing your wife or children or mother whom you love.... it may make you upset.
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »
He sure as hell doesn't in the Bible...mass murdering babies, wiping out the world,

How long did he give people to repent before he did that stuff?

there are many other deities that are more understanding and patient than the bibical one.
Which ones?

He sure as hell doesn't in the Bible...mass murdering babies, wiping out the world, condemning people to burn in hell for rejecting his 'offer', cursing poor fig trees....there are many other deities that are more understanding and patient than the bibical one.
Deicide, are you angry at the God of the bible?
R

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 10:02:43 AM »
I don't think that Colossus himself feels insulted, but that he loves God so much that it sometimes upsets him when people dis God.

A loose analogy could be along the lines of someone constantly bad-mouthing your wife or children or mother whom you love.... it may make you upset.

That's exactly what those nutty Muslims say when they start rioting and killing people over a cartoon of their Prophet or any number or perceived insults or even things that are not insulting but just forbidden by their religion

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 10:16:43 AM »
Have you ever read any of the book of Psalms?  Or any of the OT or NT for that matter.  You'll see that I'm no different than David or Moses and the like. 

This is good dialog, stick boy!  :D  Really!  I appreciate you asking these questions.  I hope we can keep this going.