Author Topic: my injury...opinions would be great(coach, anyone please)  (Read 7994 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
my injury...opinions would be great(coach, anyone please)
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
i injured myself on tuesday i was working w/ my trainer and we were on my 3rd set of weighted walking kettlebell lunges(bells held above chest)
I lost my balance and pushed off my toes i figure...heard a loud CRACK POP...my left knee twisted out...leg was like jello...and I fell...fast and hard
After a minutre of agonizing pain I was able to get up and we tested my leg...3 sets of bodyweight step up, 25 reps per leg...4 sets of leg presses...4 plates a side, 20 reps
Dumbell squats...2 sets of 15
Dumbell stiff leg deads...2 sets of 20

only a mild pain when doing them

Very sore that night...woke up screaming in pain...could hardly walk on my leg
Next day, leg began to swell by the hour...bruising began...calf, ham, upper quad, major bruising...felt like vomitting all day...leg was swollen like a nuclear coconut

My boss sent me home early from work...i got an appointment at the doctor...took xrays...nada...drained my knee...only some blood came out...will get mri on monday now that i have insurance

Day after he drained my knee...limp has gone away

its now sunday and swelling has gone down a bit...still left over bruising...there is tenderness if i push on my knee cap, and i have pain on the right side of my knee cap, and a very tight sore feeling on the right side of my leg... its hard to bend my leg ...when i sit down i feel a tight pull on my quad on the left side of my quad

i really feel the stiffness in the place where u bend and squeeze your hamstring in the stead leg curl machine

any thoughts guys??
thanks
w

The Coach

Re: my injury...opinions would be great(coach, anyone please)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 07:33:45 PM »
i injured myself on tuesday i was working w/ my trainer and we were on my 3rd set of weighted walking kettlebell lunges(bells held above chest)
I lost my balance and pushed off my toes i figure...heard a loud CRACK POP...my left knee twisted out...leg was like jello...and I fell...fast and hard
After a minutre of agonizing pain I was able to get up and we tested my leg...3 sets of bodyweight step up, 25 reps per leg...4 sets of leg presses...4 plates a side, 20 reps
Dumbell squats...2 sets of 15
Dumbell stiff leg deads...2 sets of 20

only a mild pain when doing them

Very sore that night...woke up screaming in pain...could hardly walk on my leg
Next day, leg began to swell by the hour...bruising began...calf, ham, upper quad, major bruising...felt like vomitting all day...leg was swollen like a nuclear coconut

My boss sent me home early from work...i got an appointment at the doctor...took xrays...nada...drained my knee...only some blood came out...will get mri on monday now that i have insurance

Day after he drained my knee...limp has gone away

its now sunday and swelling has gone down a bit...still left over bruising...there is tenderness if i push on my knee cap, and i have pain on the right side of my knee cap, and a very tight sore feeling on the right side of my leg... its hard to bend my leg ...when i sit down i feel a tight pull on my quad on the left side of my quad

i really feel the stiffness in the place where u bend and squeeze your hamstring in the stead leg curl machine

any thoughts guys??
thanks

Thats what I was looking for. Not sure without an MRI and reading. If you heard a "POP" more than likely some sort of CL tear. Bruising might indicate a muscle tear. Disclaimer; I'm not a doctor, this is all speculation based on the information you gave.

This is the thing, just because you tested it on a leg press or stiff leg deads really doesn't mean anything, those are saggital exercises. To get a pretty good indication BEFORE you go to the Dr. try a lateral type of exercise.

Aside from that, keep it elevated, Ibuprofin and Ice 3 times per day and stay off of it until you see the Dr. It doesn't sound good.

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 06:20:29 PM »
Banking on the ACL... Most commonly injured ligament in the knee. ** Not a doctor but studied a lot of injuries in college**

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 06:32:09 PM »
i think id fire your trainer if i were you, why he had you continue to workout after you heard and felt a pop in your knee is beyond me. See a doc bro and i hope all is good.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 07:24:26 PM »
No offense to Coach, but he is in it for the money. PM Candizzle and get an honest opinion from someone who has a love for training, not $$$$.
E

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:29:06 PM »
hey thanks for the replies guys...pain was much worse today...i had to take today off from work...if i press on the right of my knee cap i get major pain and i have pain on the right side of my quad by my knee cap...swelling has gone down a bit...went to ortho today...he thinks its acl...i was thinking ruptured patella...i am getting mri this week
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »
i think id fire your trainer if i were you, why he had you continue to workout after you heard and felt a pop in your knee is beyond me. See a doc bro and i hope all is good.
or after i was laying on floor screaming in pain...but i should have went to er that night...it was dumb of me to wish to continue...stupid pride
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 08:40:22 PM »
or after i was laying on floor screaming in pain...but i should have went to er that night...it was dumb of me to wish to continue...stupid pride
LOL ya i used to be a trainer and if that would have happend i would have sent you home...and prayed you didnt sue.

The Coach

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 07:29:56 AM »
No offense to Coach, but he is in it for the money. PM Candizzle and get an honest opinion from someone who has a love for training, not $$$$.

No offence taken. Don't know if it was for the money or just inexperiance. But yes, PM Candizzle, he'll recommend some high quality fish oil to fix that knee right up.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:31:35 PM »
i would dump the trainer

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 07:46:34 PM »
i would dump the trainer
he didnt even call to check on me ???

im waiitng for my insurance to clear the mri...hopefully i will get it by friday

its weird, this morning the pain was bad, i took advil, 1 pill, as the day went on i kept my ace bandage on and the pain slowly went away, iced it a lot, now its 11pm and i have no pain except if i try to bend my leg

i hope tommorow goes good

w

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 08:19:04 PM »
he didnt even call to check on me ???im waiitng for my insurance to clear the mri...hopefully i will get it by friday

its weird, this morning the pain was bad, i took advil, 1 pill, as the day went on i kept my ace bandage on and the pain slowly went away, iced it a lot, now its 11pm and i have no pain except if i try to bend my leg

One thing I do is check on my clients if they have an injury at least once per day and work with the doctor if neccessary. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 08:37:44 PM »
he didnt even call to check on me ???

im waiitng for my insurance to clear the mri...hopefully i will get it by friday

ya dude for sure he should have at least checked in to see how you felt...shitty customer service. Definitly would request another trainer if at all possible.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 05:38:21 PM »
update:
no bad pain yesterday or today...walking w/ no limp, bruising has gone away,pain is much much less, hardly any pain, knee is still swollen and so is ankle and foot...i can bend it back more, but still not all the way, only small pain when i try, very stiff

i have mri tuesday night

i called my trainer and left a message about me not being in for a while and about how i have the mri, but its been a few days and i havent heard from him...what a dick right?!
w

The Coach

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 07:17:58 PM »
update:
no bad pain yesterday or today...walking w/ no limp, bruising has gone away,pain is much much less, hardly any pain, knee is still swollen and so is ankle and foot...i can bend it back more, but still not all the way, only small pain when i try, very stiff

i have mri tuesday night

i called my trainer and left a message about me not being in forEVER a while and about how i have the mri, but its been a few days and i havent heard from him...what a dick right?!

Fixed!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
Fixed!

agreed-im done w/ him

he was good but his people skills sucked...he would be on the cell texting during our sessions-one time he was spotting me on incline barbell and he was talking on his phone-squeezed in his shoulder while he lifted the bar off for me!

he forgot about 6 of our sessions in the span of 2 months!
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 09:13:45 AM »
update
no pain in leg
knee still a bit swollen
bruising gone
ankle and foot not swollen anymore
i can bend it more backwards...still not quite all the way, just a bit stiff

i get mri results on tuesday...the lab tech told me he saw bone bruising, lots of fluid in knee, but couldnt see any acl damage

i can move my leg all around no problem
thanks for the advice so far coach
will let u know on tuesday
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 04:58:06 PM »
i got mri results...dislocated patella tendon...rehab 6 weeks 2 x a week

coach do u have any suggestions for the time until i start rehab? would a sports massage be good?

thanks
w

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
just watch it till that thing is strong and tracking yoru knee cap right...you do not want to tear that thing it is very bad news if you do
Odilly

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 05:58:24 PM »
just watch it till that thing is strong and tracking yoru knee cap right...you do not want to tear that thing it is very bad news if you do
ive been going to therapy-the pt guy says the biggest mistake i could make is doing too much too soon-its getting stronger by the day=still a bit swollen
w

odilly

• Getbig III
  • yo
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 08:07:21 PM »
like i said dont push it cause if you tear that thing your sidlined for almost a year and at teh end of that year youhave a normal looking leg on one side and a stick on the other it totaly blows dick man so dont over do it
Odilly

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 07:26:16 PM »
like i said dont push it cause if you tear that thing your sidlined for almost a year and at teh end of that year youhave a normal looking leg on one side and a stick on the other it totaly blows dick man so dont over do it
thanks bro
w

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 04:16:59 PM »
thanks coach for all your continued help ::)
w